Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MotoGP

Comments

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    I'm not, but I know Marquez is rapeing the field at every event :P
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    That is about everything one needs to know about MotoGP in 2014 lol. ;)
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    What a race!
    PSN ID: maptidh | Steam ID: mikeerfol

2017 Predictor Game Champion | 2015, 2017 Predictor Team Champion for Willyams with RevolvingPrawn
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Rossi still has some speed in him :)
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Wow, Lorenzo in beast mode again. Good to see, but deserved win for Marc. And great to see Rossi on the podium once again.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Surprisingly good! Lorenzo was amazing, but of course Marquez was always going to win. Sigh.
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    What do you mean Marquez was always going to win ? How did it go down to the last lap if Marquez was always going to win. That's like saying Hamilton was always going to win in Monaco just because he won the last couple of races. Anyways , brilliant race and ride of the year from Jorge.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    BTW guys , we should start a Lorenzo fan club.  :P
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
  • ImRiteUrRong74ImRiteUrRong74 Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    Would anybody join :P
    Post edited by ImRiteUrRong74 on
    What do you mean Marquez was always going to win ? How did it go down to the last lap if Marquez was always going to win. That's like saying Hamilton was always going to win in Monaco just because he won the last couple of races. Anyways , brilliant race and ride of the year from Jorge.
    Marquez was toying with him. He knows his bike is better than the Yamaha, and by quite a margin. Maybe he was just giving us a show? Whatever he was doing, remember the last race where he just disappeared into the lead? That kind of advantage doesn't just disappear. I'd say he wasn't riding to 100% until the last lap, Jorge couldn't catch him then when he dropped the hammer.
    Marquez was toying with him. He knows his bike is better than the Yamaha, and by quite a margin. Maybe he was just giving us a show? Whatever he was doing, remember the last race where he just disappeared into the lead? That kind of advantage doesn't just disappear. I'd say he wasn't riding to 100% until the last lap, Jorge couldn't catch him then when he dropped the hammer.
    I don't think so. Remember Silverstone last year ? He's not stupid enough to leave it that late again. Oh , and that kind of advantage can just disappear. A loss of confidence ( he crashed outhere last year remember ) or not being able to find a setup , plus the fact that Jorge seemed to be in better form.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    I don't think so. Remember Silverstone last year ? He's not stupid enough to leave it that late again. Oh , and that kind of advantage can just disappear. A loss of confidence ( he crashed outhere last year remember ) or not being able to find a setup , plus the fact that Jorge seemed to be in better form.
    Yes, he is lol. When he knows how much faster his bike is he can.
    Oh can it? So, at the next race when he qualifies on pole by a large margin and then just disappears into the lead, will you be willing to reconsider? Also, I don't think a crash from a year ago will effect how he races there. Rossi broke his leg there and is still plenty fast. 
    And Jorge in better form? Than Marquez? Sorry dude, but that just sounds wrong lol.
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Yeah Dave is right. Marquez gave it all only at the last lap

PSN ID: maptidh | Steam ID: mikeerfol

2017 Predictor Game Champion | 2015, 2017 Predictor Team Champion for Willyams with RevolvingPrawn
    Yes, he is lol. When he knows how much faster his bike is he can.
    Oh can it? So, at the next race when he qualifies on pole by a large margin and then just disappears into the lead, will you be willing to reconsider? Also, I don't think a crash from a year ago will effect how he races there. Rossi broke his leg there and is still plenty fast. 
    And Jorge in better form? Than Marquez? Sorry dude, but that just sounds wrong lol.
    I never said Lorenzo was in better form than Marquez. I said he's in better form than he has been the past couple of races. And I still stand by the fact that pace can disappear from one weekend to another. Claiming that Marquez was always going to win is idiotic , even if he did only push on the last lap. Lorenzo could have repassed him straight away without giving him a chance to run away with it. He could have taken both of them out and Rossi could have won. Anything could have happened. By your logic , Marquez will undoubtedly win every single race this year. 
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    Tell you what, when we get to the end of the season and Marquez has won every race, I'll be expecting an apology for you calling me idiotic :p
    Tell you what, when we get to the end of the season and Marquez has won every race, I'll be expecting an apology for you calling me idiotic :p
    Fair enough. I expect him to win most , but certainly not all of them.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
  • Motorsport4everMotorsport4ever Member New Car Smell
    Missed the free practice sessions this time, but fair shout to him for still pushing there even with the crash! 
    Bradl seems to do that a lot when he's in a good position. Like Valencia 2012, running 3rd and looking good for his first podium, only to crash out. I can't help but feel sorry for him when it happens though cos he definitely has the skill to be one of the top guys.

Not a bad circuit for sure :) Should produce some really good battles further back in the pack in the race! Though I wish it had a little more elevation change :p

Looking like it this season SA, I'm actually hoping that some of the rumours for next season are true, might spice things up a bit! With all the contracts coming up I'd love to see this line-up:

Honda
    Marquez
    Lorenzo

Yamaha
    Rossi
    A.Espargaro

Suzuki
    Pedrosa
    De Puniet

Obviously being British I'd love to see Crutchlow or Smith at Yamaha instead of Espargaro. But there's no denying that Aleix would be better there, he has some serious talent!
    Not seeing Lorenzo at Honda any time soon. Honda doesn't want him (he would challenge Marquez in the same team, they wouldn't like something like that) and I guess Lorenzo is pretty happy at Yamaha right now, so....
    Check the date on when I posted that :p Well before any of the current contract talks came up and before Lorenzo said that he's happy at Yamaha.
    Yawn.