Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[BUG] F1 2018 - Fuel rate of consumption!

15 Round Race with FULL Tank on LOW Mix and ERS 0 consumed the whole Tank with No Fuel at the End. Restart Session dont fix it. No Chance to Stay in +

Its like i drive with MAX Mix and ERS 4

It was on the Second Race, the First Race was Normal.

Comments

• mcs2006mcs2006 Member New Car Smell
    Update:
    Restart the Session, same Problem.
    Reinstalled the Game, same Problem..
    Tested other Modes (Quick Grand Prix), NO Problems (tested 2 Races).

Fuel Consum is -0.02 per SECOND on Normal and Low -0.01-0.02 with the Bug! Canot progress Career with that Problem -.-
  • VUnit469VUnit469 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2018
    PS4, 1.04 Patch, G29

Have had same issue in career race. 
    Started race with normal fuel load and after 6 laps having only run on standard fuel mix n med ers usage was already 2 laps down on fuel.

Exit to menu. Re entered race, set max fuel load +11 laps. Ran race mostly on lean fuel mix with about 10 laps ran on standard fuel mix as it initially looked like no issue only to run out of fuel half way thru last lap of 50% race :(. Tried fuel saving heavily via driving as well as fuel mix last 10 laps.

As posted in other bug report also had issues during practice were fuel usage was 0.
  • BatesyMateBatesyMate Member New Car Smell
    I am on PS4 and am having the same problem, I'm doing 100% distance and start with 2+ laps of fuel, by the end end of lap 2 on lean mix I was negative and by lap 10 was -8 laps of fuel down, all while lift and coast and short shifting, I was running 1/2 ERS aswell, a shame because you can't continue with career 
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    mcs2006 said:
    15 Round Race with FULL Tank on LOW Mix and ERS 0 consumed the whole Tank with No Fuel at the End. Restart Session dont fix it. No Chance to Stay in +

You do know this isn't a bug? @[email protected]tesyMate @[email protected] @mcs2006

Remember when Honda were having ERS issues the car consumed too much fuel and they had to retire it (if it didn't break first)? The fuel you need is based on the ERS being active. 
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • oscarolimoscarolim Member Unleaded
    If the ERS is set to 0, is also going to use more fuel, there's no electrical power to aid the engine anymore.
    Just tried on another ps4, all the same settings on the first lap I saved half a lap of fuel, is definitely a bug
    It’s a bug. I agree with if your running no ERS you will consume more fuel. But im running 70% of a race on lean mix and medium ers there is no way with all fresh componets and 11 extra laps of fuel i should run out before the end of a GP. While short shifting and coasting.
    mcs2006 said:

You do know this isn't a bug? @[email protected] @[email protected] @mcs2006

Remember when Honda were having ERS issues the car consumed too much fuel and they had to retire it (if it didn't break first)? The fuel you need is based on the ERS being active. 
    Tested on all possible ways. All ERS Modes, All Fuel Modes even drive slow like a -10AI drains it so fast. And im driving Sauber (Because Swiss) in Career. 

15 Rounds +7 Fuel = No chance. It drains all.
    I reinstalled the game without the patch and DLC and fuel is better but seems like its to far the other way with the fuel burn but atleast i got to finish the race.

Couldnt use previous save because it was patched so had to do all the practice programs ect. It’s all tainted the experience a bit but still enjoying the game 👍 nothing alittle patch wont fix.
  • PunitionPunition Member Unleaded
    When I play career on a 50% race I am able to start a race with only 0.60 fuel over and stay on rich mix the whole race while using ERS on medium. mostly how is that possible? Does ers make such a impact on fuel usage to maintain rich mix with only medium ERS?
    Update again...
    Bug STAYS now after the bugged Race also in next Week. Impossible to doing even Training, Quali or Race. Career destoyed... Some Player has nearly no Drain and some such a big drain that finish a Race is not or nearly not possible. 

Again a simple 15 Rounds Race with +7 Fuel and i must Drive ALL on low mix to even finish with nearly no Fuel. Such a Gamebreaker.

Sad Part is i bet that Bug get not fixed fast or even get ignored because many of Users has Crashes, Freezes or FPS Drops and the Fuel Bug get no attention.
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    This kind of sounds like you're just not used to saving fuel. Are you spinning your tires and so on?
    UP100 said:
    This kind of sounds like you're just not used to saving fuel. Are you spinning your tires and so on?
    15 Rounds on Low Mix, ALL Assists ON (Except Brake Assistant), No Wheel Spin, +7 Fuel and its ONLY in Carrer Mode. Quick Grand Pix or Multiplayer No Problems with same Settings.

First Week in Career was all OK but after Week 2 the Problem occur.
  • Maxime10Maxime10 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2018
    Hey
    Same problem here. I just started a season with Alfa Romeo Sauber.
    Difficutly : 80
    Length : 100%
    First race :
    No problem during the practice but in race... Even in Low i have to do some massive lift & coast to stay positive...

PC

Edit : Before i pit i was +0.15. I exit the pit i'm -0.23... What the f*** ?
    Post edited by Maxime10 on
  • alex172alex172 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2018
    Same problem here on PC with Renault. 100% race, Australia, 15 laps to go and fuel runs out. Even driving on lean the fuel still drains so quickly.

Edit: I did notice an issue with the fuel consumption practice programme, in that it registered the average fuel consumption as 0 (something like that, wish I'd taken a screenshot now). No idea if they're connected though.
    Post edited by alex172 on
  • Maxime10Maxime10 Member New Car Smell
    It's definitely a bug. Changing ERS settings change nothing to the fuel consumption...

Help !

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Maxime10 said:
    It's definitely a bug. Changing ERS settings change nothing to the fuel consumption...

Help !

Well F1 2017 was fuel bugged so yeah  maybe something to it 
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
    I've ended up deleting my driver and creating a new career/profile, I've just finished Australia on 100% and the fuel was normal
    I almost get the impression that if you restart race or practice season it causes this to occur.

Anyone notice something similar??
  • AliTheStigAliTheStig Member New Car Smell
    Anyone else getting unrealistic fuel usage, while in a 100% race distance? Just did my first full GP distance in Career and I had to fuel save an incredible amount even in “LEAN” 
    the old F1 games even last year never used to be this way. I’m assuming it’s a bug. It’s not normal to fuel save that much. Like 90% of the race. Even over fuelled! 
    Sort it Codies! 
    LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IS HAVING THE ISSUE 
    Thank you