Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Joining ranked session doesnt work F1 2018

for some reason when trying to join a ranked session it keeps saying please wait then if i wait  eventually it says ¨ERROR cannot join session, session cancelled is this a problem with my game or just a bug because its just released?
Tagged:

Comments

• speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    I have had the same issue every single time I’ve tried to join a ranked I’ve gave up trying now.
  • DarkRiot43DarkRiot43 Member New Car Smell
    You should be able to join the 25% races. I found that the 5 lap races didn't work though. No idea when that'll be fixed... hopefully soon :smiley:
  • EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    edited August 24
    Tried 25% as well as 5%, got the error from OP in both cases.
    Update: Experienced this in unranked sessions as well
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / CSL Wheel P1/ CSW Formula Carbon / CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 / ClubSport Wheel GT / CSP v3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 / ClubSport Handbrake
     TrackIR / WMR Lenovo Explorer
     Windows Version 1803 (Build 18219.1000)
  • erosshderosshd Member New Car Smell
    for some reason when trying to join a ranked session it keeps saying please wait then if i wait  eventually it says ¨ERROR cannot join session, session cancelled is this a problem with my game or just a bug because its just released?
    same happens to me :(
  • Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    online doesn't work nat settings are fine just no one can join, its a mess and because its a ank holiday no way its getting fixed till early next week, games not fit for purpose
  • ErdepflErdepfl Member New Car Smell
    edited August 25
    Ranked online sessions have not been working since 24 hours now (non ranked games are working fine). If you try to join a ranked game it won't connect on 49 of 50 attempts. Cmon codies, this should be your first priority to fix or atleast give us some information about the problem and when it'll be fixed. So many people wan't to play ranked games :neutral:
  • Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    clear to see you don't give a toss about your customers
  • FireStarter75FireStarter75 Member New Car Smell
    Same problem, connection to ranked servers is broken.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Yeah but the ranking and ratings don't work when you get in there anyway. Collision detection and blame aportioning is a shambles. You can ram people off track and get nothing, you can get hit off and lose safety and skill.

It's a shame his post is still unanswered by the CM tech team. Pls fix this CM!!
  • Ondeugd1908Ondeugd1908 Member New Car Smell
    I do have the same problem (In The Netherlands) 

Every time I shut down my PS4, my online Statistics are being reset... 
    I've driven several (ranked) races but my driven KM's are still 0 
    average Q position 0
    Total raced 0 etc etc...

Really annoying.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    1.05 still the same

steviejay69
    • Body is 21 characters too short.

Nothing changed in 1.05. In the last days I was only able to join once. What a shame!
  • tylord221tylord221 Member New Car Smell
    full week and couldnt connect to ranked.  cp 7 error message every time.  previously no issues.  
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    tylord221 said:
    full week and couldnt connect to ranked.  cp 7 error message every time.  previously no issues.  
    That error message means that you were unable to connect to a session due to a connection error. Likely causes are bandwidth issues, high packet loss on your network, the console doing something else in the background and not being able to process the messages with PSN properly, or PSN service instability. I'd recommend the following:
    1. Do a hard reboot of the system and then launch directly into the game without launching any other apps or suspending the system
    2. Run the "Test Network" option in the PS4 options menu (under the Network setting) should give you basic info and check whether everything is working correctly.
    3. Check that no one else is using / abusing your internet connection at the same time as you are trying to play the game! 
    4. Check your router / firewall logs to see if you are dropping packets, or preventing traffic between your console and Sony
    5. Check the web for any reports of PSN instability or maintenance in your region.