Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Setups in Career Mode

itsmb8itsmb8 Member New Car Smell
Quick question.. I went about finding my AI Difficulty level using the 2010 RedBull at Spain tip with the base setup.  Now, in career mode, would I be advised to go ahead with setups or stick to the base setups?  I only ask because I fear using a custom setup might make me set unrealistic times?

Comments

• PvtSnowPvtSnow Member New Car Smell
    The standard setup this year seems quite reasonable so doing custom setups won't change that much. Yes it will save you some tenths or give you better stability, but if you think it will change a lot compared to the AI, why not improve their level by 2-3+ levels?
  • itsmb8itsmb8 Member New Car Smell
    PvtSnow said:
    The standard setup this year seems quite reasonable so doing custom setups won't change that much. Yes it will save you some tenths or give you better stability, but if you think it will change a lot compared to the AI, why not improve their level by 2-3+ levels?
    only because i dont want to force myself to use setups because i dont know much about them, to be quite honest.  really just a casual F1 fan for many years now, switching from NASCAR.  but if it just changes the feel of the car and not necessarily a drastic difference in times, i think im fine with both then
  • PvtSnowPvtSnow Member New Car Smell
    I use setups to fix my weakspots during racing, I mostly use it to stabilize my car in corners, if I feel i'm losing too much the back end, the car isn't turning as much as I want, it's not going as fast on straights as I want. Setups will just help you unlock your full potential. If you feel setups are giving you too much boost compared to the AI, then you're doing it well. If they are much slower than you, change the difficulty.
  • Speeder47Speeder47 Member New Car Smell
    To be honest this year i only change the wings and the brake pressure. Literally anything else I do to the setup I either overheat the tires during the race or constantly light up the rear tires and spin out. So to answer your question it is advised that you stick with the default setup with potential adjustments to the wings.
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    In this year's game I feel setups don't affect overall lap times too much as you can take multiple lines through the corners.  The defaults are great out the box. I like that now, you use the setups to tweak for certain sectors rather than the whole lap.