Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Safety rating just doesn't work.

RiggyRiggy Member, Drivers Unleaded
Now I know it's difficult for an AI to figure out who is at fault in a crash, but when someone can wilfully crash into you with the intent of wrecking and MY safety rating goes down and there's doesn't appear to budge? What's the point? Higher ratings are still full of idiots because lobbies fill with whatever rank anyway.

I'm finding myself deliberately languishing down at the bottom of the grid to stay out of the way just to get a clean race in the hope that I can build it back up and one day get into a lobby that isn't full of idiots. If that's what is necessary then there's a problem.
100% Distance PS4 league: www.wheel2wheelracing.co.uk
PC Specs
: i7 4790 3.60Ghz | 16Gb HyperX FURY Black | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini-ITX OC | MSI H97I AC | Windows 7 x64 | Thrustmaster T300RS | Oculus Rift
F1 2016 Beta Tester F1 2017 Beta Tester

Comments

• Liverpoolrule19Liverpoolrule19 Member Wheel Nut
    It is also annoying when people ruin your race then quit so their skill rating doesn’t go down
  • RiggyRiggy Member, Drivers Unleaded
    edited August 2018
    It is also annoying when people ruin your race then quit so their skill rating doesn’t go down
    Yeah it is. There should be a penalty of rating drops/ranked lockout or something if you quit a ranked match. If you want to go play Destruction Derby, go into unranked.
    PC Specs
    : i7 4790 3.60Ghz | 16Gb HyperX FURY Black | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini-ITX OC | MSI H97I AC | Windows 7 x64 | Thrustmaster T300RS | Oculus Rift
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    Riggy said:
    Yeah it is. There should be a penalty of rating drops/ranked lockout or something if you quit a ranked match. If you want to go play Destruction Derby, go into unranked.
    Your skill rating goes down if you quit a race
  • RiggyRiggy Member, Drivers Unleaded
    Riggy said:
    Your skill rating goes down if you quit a race
    Good to know. Still think there should be some kind of lockout or whatever though to encourage people to not quit. And preferably not to be **** in the first place >_>
    PC Specs
  • USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Wheel Nut
    I was safety rating B after my placement games and a high silver in skill.
     Then I started joining lobbies with similar safety and skill levels.....
    Let's just say I'm not where I was.
    Still full of idiots - people parking in the pit lane entry - people wheel banging your back tyre to spin you...
    DIVEBOMB!! Then they drive off and you're left in the wall.
    Just awful. 
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    I can’t really see the point of the safety rating I have B and get in lobby’s full of D’s so it’s just not doing what it’s supposed to do.
  • oner7oner7 Member Unleaded
    edited August 2018
    Maybe there are not enough B's online at that time...
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    From my experience it works well. I'm at safety rating S and get put with some others, few As but mostly Bs but think it's more to do with skill rating which is similar. The lobbies I've been in, we kick people who have safety rating of D or less. Sure races still aren't clean but we all try to keep it clean as much as possible. Certainly haven't had problems with idiots, only during my first few online races which was expected.

Not sure how skill ranking works though. I'm at silver with 1670, qualified 9th at Austria and finished 5th but skill ranking sent down by 10 or so. I did have some minor contact but didn't recieve any penalty or warning and my safety rating didn't change
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    Got a load of penalties for people hitting me, brake checking me and spun cars I pass. The game says illegal overtake and I can't give the place back since they are way back or even retired. My rating went already from B to C and am now close to D in just 10 races
    Xbox GT: F1XL Roland | Twitter: @raalte86

F1XL Moderator | F1XL S11 Overall Constructors Champion | F1XL F4 Racer | F1XL TO | F1XL Press & Steward | TWRL Admin | XFR F2 Racer | RFL F2 Racer

www.f1xl.co.uk | www.f1rivals.com | @TWRLRacing | @RFLF1League ;
  • oliverdrewoliverdrew Member New Car Smell
    My main frustration is that I can be driving in a straight line, get smacked from behind or from the side and it’s my fault?  Why?

Also if a car goes into the wall and is out and I pass it and then get an illegal overtake it’s a no-win situation...which isn’t great.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    It does seem there is a huge weakness of the game needing to fill a lobby so you get idiots with good racers, Also not enough people playing online to begin or the region issue? I'm not sure what GT Sport does but its always plenty full of similar racers, unless its just that much more popular. But every time I join a lobby that is already racing in quick ranked then quit to find another I always return to the same group of people. I don't understand why there is an area issue, why do you have to pick Europe, Asia, Americas etc? If we were all in one that would help numbers. I can't imagine it being a license thing being FOM likely accept one type of end game from Codies shared by all?
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • Speeder47Speeder47 Member New Car Smell
    Ive also noticed that I can get t-boned by someone and still get either a warning or more likely a penalty. This was my only worry with the safety rating that Codemasters had not changed anything about the penalty system and until they figure that out they shouldnt include a safety rating.
  • BluntRSBluntRS Member Unleaded
    I cant help but feel if thier was more choice in lobbys instead of just one fixed overall the racing would improve, no practise, one shot qualifying, 5lap race, any assit allowed, reduced damage, dynamic weather, bearing in mind everyone has thier own preference on what view / assit to use, was never going to produce good racing imo,
    cockpit no assits screen clear vs t cam all assits screen full, both with different viewing restrictions, 1lap to nail front row and with only 5laps if you didn't to make progress, add in a wet track for good measure is a recipe for disaster.
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    BluntRS said:
    I cant help but feel if thier was more choice in lobbys instead of just one fixed overall the racing would improve, no practise, one shot qualifying, 5lap race, any assit allowed, reduced damage, dynamic weather, bearing in mind everyone has thier own preference on what view / assit to use, was never going to produce good racing imo,
    cockpit no assits screen clear vs t cam all assits screen full, both with different viewing restrictions, 1lap to nail front row and with only 5laps if you didn't to make progress, add in a wet track for good measure is a recipe for disaster.
    Than you would have 10 lobbies with each 2 drivers in it. You can always set up a custom lobby 
    Xbox GT: F1XL Roland | Twitter: @raalte86

F1XL Moderator | F1XL S11 Overall Constructors Champion | F1XL F4 Racer | F1XL TO | F1XL Press & Steward | TWRL Admin | XFR F2 Racer | RFL F2 Racer

www.f1xl.co.uk | www.f1rivals.com | @TWRLRacing | @RFLF1League ;
  • BluntRSBluntRS Member Unleaded
    edited September 2018
    Raalte said:
    BluntRS said:
    Than you would have 10 lobbies with each 2 drivers in it. You can always set up a custom lobby 
    I fail to see how you would have 10 lobbys with 2 drivers in each, you could have a lobby for cockpit no assits racers, then another for t cam all assits / arrows / track map / for the "Pro's" in Merc's anything goes style,
    As appose to what thier is now carnage in most ranked lobbys with players complaining on this forum / YouTube and Twitch cause everyone is just thrown into one size fits all,
    Custom lobbys is all I do, I got zero interest in forza style hopper lobbys.
  • Lakotah96Lakotah96 Member New Car Smell
    I was a safety rating A and Silver. Now I am C and bronze because everytime somebody rams me or spins me out by smacking my wheel and spinning me into a wall my ratings go down. Im close to being dome playing this game if they cant grt it fixed. I shouldn’t be penalized for somebody else’s mistake when I’m having a clean race
  • vincenzo19vincenzo19 Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 10
    Codies will not reply to this and they will not fix this... the game has been out 5/6 months now.
    Fixes and patches (if we can call them that) will soon halt and work on the new game will begin.

C'mon guys you know how the cycle works.
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Codies will not reply to this and they will not fix this... the game has been out 5/6 months now.
    Fixes and patches (if we can call them that) will soon halt and work on the new game will begin.

C'mon guys you know how the cycle works.
    You can still give feedback considering it can still be read.