- Platform you’re on : Xbox One X
- Game Version : 1.03
- Game Mode : Career
- What happened in the lead up to the problem?: AI ignores safety car and overtakes, randomly I get ghosted behind SC and AI overtakes me, SC started after flashback without any reason
- Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Thrustmaster TX with F1 wheel
- Used rules : no assists, AI on 80, SC ON, Strict corner cutting, 25% race length
... well, I've encountered this bug in previous years and all promises to fix it looks like a lies ... I understand, that a mistake can happen, but this bug was reported last year multiple times (including me) and forced me to uninstall twice the F1 2017 and then never come back! So I hope Codemasters doesn't ignore this bug anymore and will fix this in 2018. It really makes me angry again, because I was hour in practice and qualification and now get a ruined race because of SC.
Anyway, I have now two suspects for causing this ... First one is flashbacking. And second one is a mechanical failures on the car.
During initial laps, Jeff told me he sees some wear on multiple components and they will not give me 100% of power. Lap before the captured incident happened, I've lost a gear (not sure which one, because 4-8 were working great. Anyway, I am now slower so Ricciardo was faster and catched me in on the straight up to turn 2, but he didn't overtake me, he crashed into me and caused a terminal damage as I crashed the wall on left. I flashbacked before and made sure that he has plenty of space for his overtake as I struggle with pace. Anyway, after flashback, a SC message apeared and he slowed, so I was able to stay on the first place. After one turn, the video starts. Ricciardo overtakes me ...
... Then I flashbacked and blocked him during the lap, changed my strategy so I pitted and got behind the SC with Grosjean behind me, I got ghosted and he has overtaken me as he drive through me. I flashbacked and again tried to block. After few tries, I got 5 seconds penalty for major crash with Grosjean as he crashed again into me and broke his wings ... I flashbacked ... I flashbacked ... I flashbacked ... I really hate the game again now.
- Now I think if the AI see, that I have some mechanical damage on the car as I lost a gear and multiple components are failing so I am now slower in the race and they overtakes me very quickly.
- Also, I haven't found any reason for the SC, it simply started as I flashbacked after terminal damage to my car