Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Grand Tour Game: Anybody Getting This?

Only a week or so ago, the Amazon Game Studio announced a new video game, of the Amazon Video programme, 'The Grand Tour'. Players can play as the three presenter's; Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. Players can also play the challenges and drive all cars that have been tested, either on the track or out on the roads, from all three season's.

I am 100% getting this game, as I am a big fan of Top Gear (Series 1 - 22; 2002 - 2015 only) and of The Grand Tour. It is sad that Season 3 of The Grand Tour will be the last season, but I think The Grand Tour Game will be a good way to say "goodbye" to The Grand Tour, unless 'W. Chump & Sons Ltd. of London' will take it to another TV production company, so The Grand Tour can continue to be made. If not, then let's hope that they create a new TV programme to replace The Grand Tour.

So, the question is are excited and / or getting The Grand Tour Game? Please post your comments below... :)

McStanley

The Grand Tour Game: Anybody Getting This? 8 votes

Yes
12%
McStanley 1 vote
No
50%
tbtsttcouger1981sjsharp2010Hughesy 4 votes
Maybe
37%
MBKF1LukedfrtUP100 3 votes
A DiRT Games Fan

Comments

• McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
    Yes
    Thanks for the votes, everyone!  :)

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    Maybe
    Literally the first i've heard of this, who's making it? 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    edited August 28
    Yes
    Amazon Game Studios are making it. That department has existed since 2014.

Here is the trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc0MGuLQ7GE.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    No
    It looks like a cheap mobile game that is being sold on consoles. I'd rather chew my own face off than play that.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    No
    Hughesy said:
    It looks like a cheap mobile game that is being sold on consoles. I'd rather chew my own face off than play that.
    Yeah I agree looks like a cheap put together version of Forza to me tbh. Games like Forza and CM's Grid games are far better than that

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

Yes
    To me it looks good. When I first watched the trailer, I thought the graphics look good. The registrations and the country they registered in, on the cars are correct to the cars that were driven in the programme. I know that, because I am an Amazon Prime, member and I seen all
    episoses several times (Season 1 and 2).

I think that Amazon Game Studios have done well, developing it. I think it looks far better than a mobile app game.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    No
    What does a cars reg have anything to do with quality? The Asphalt mobile games have better graphics. 
    The premise sounds stupid as well, it's purely a cheaply made game to cash in on the success of the series.
    Yes
    Well I think the vehicles having the same registrations as the cars that were driven in the programme, has something to do with quality. The voicing and the real life scenes, has been taken from episodes of The Grand Tour. 

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    No
    It doesn't though, stuff like that would take less than a minute to add to the game, even you could do it without and programming skills. Ever been on Forza? Look at the liveries people create, it's really not hard to do a number plate... You asked my opinion, then you don't like it and click disagree on everyone who has a different opinion to you, I won't be replying to any of your threads from now on, have fun eating Greggs.
    edited August 28
    Yes
    Hughesy, I am sorry. :'(

I respect your thoughts. Please don't take my disagrees to heart. I'm very sorry about this.

McStanley           
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    No
    It's a no from me. The Grand Tour has been a massive anti-climax for me and, from what I have seen thus far, I don't have high hopes for the game either. 

Perhaps I will change my mind closer to release though! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Also involved with making it are the team behind Burnout Paradise Remastered FYI
    Yes
    @VirtuaIceMan

Are they? I didn't know this. I thought Amazon Games Studios are making it on their own.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Yes
    Thank you for the link.  :)

McStanley            
    A DiRT Games Fan