Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

I think my race intros are bugged

Title pretty much says it all. When i start a race in career mode my intro just seems off. Commentators do the intro but when the part comes where they either talk about a driver or show the grid the track map just comes up and they go completly silent until they read out the Grid order.

Comments

• kobra167kobra167 Member New Car Smell
    I'm experiencing that too. Haven't found any fix for it. 
  • ChristerHiortChristerHiort Member Unleaded
    Im on PS4 and I have no seen this during the first career mode that I have done.
  • GraznikGraznik Member New Car Smell
    I have the exact same problem, on the PC version, Headlines edition. It's very frustrating. Any chance for a fix codies? :)
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi all,

For those of you experiencing the issue, can you give us a little more information please?

We have a bug report form that you can find in this thread here, if you could fill that out for us we can start to investigate the issue further. 

Many thanks,
    edited August 2018
    • A short description of the problem: When a race in career mode is started, the introduction starts playing but when the intro video gets to the part of the course, where the commentator is supposed to tell you about the track outlay, there is no audio, and after a little while of looking at the map with no audio, the game skips to the rundown of the qualifying results. Meaning you won't see the part of the intro where Crofty makes his predictions or other comments before the race.
    • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC platform
    • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): Version 1.04
    • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): Single player, Career mode
    • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: N/A
    • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Starting a race in career mode. It has happened to me every single race up to and including Monaco. In Canada I got the full intro. No idea why... 
    • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: N/A
    • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Using pad, no other accessories
    • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: No video capture
    Graznik said:
    • A short description of the problem: When a race in career mode is started, the introduction starts playing but when the intro video gets to the part of the course, where the commentator is supposed to tell you about the track outlay, there is no audio, and after a little while of looking at the map with no audio, the game skips to the rundown of the qualifying results. Meaning you won't see the part of the intro where Crofty makes his predictions or other comments before the race.
    • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC platform
    • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): Version 1.04
    • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): Single player, Career mode
    • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: N/A
    • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Starting a race in career mode. It has happened to me every single race up to and including Monaco. In Canada I got the full intro. No idea why... 
    • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: N/A
    • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Using pad, no other accessories
    • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: No video capture
    Mine is exactly the same like Graznik. I play on PC too. For me it played for the first the races. And Crofty has never spoken since then. I just finished Canada's race in Career mode. 
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi all and thanks for the responses. Would it be possible for you to get us a video of what you're seeing please? 
    Faya said:
    Hi all and thanks for the responses. Would it be possible for you to get us a video of what you're seeing please? 
    Afraid not. I do not have any video capture software. But it seems to me that the problem is pretty clear, and that mutiple people are experiencing it. So while it might be a rare error, it shouldn't really be that hard to find the problem without video, should it? I mean it's pretty clearly explained what the issue is. I fully understand that video would help you a great deal, as you can see exactly what the problem is. But it shouldn't be a pre-requisit for finding and fixing errors.
  • AssassinTraubeAssassinTraube Member New Car Smell
    Faya said:
    I think i can maybe but i will have to play till the next race^^ should i upload it to youtube as non listed or how do i get that video across?
  • AssassinTraubeAssassinTraube Member New Car Smell
    i just uploaded it to youtube as not listed. The Intro starts at 0:18 ish.

I've tried to do the same as the above guy. Uploaded to youtube as not listed. Hopefully it works. https://youtu.be/kuMoCC3-ccc
    edited September 2018
    Are there any news to this bug? I have read all the patch notes since posting here, and nothing new yet. 

Any chance you could give us a heads up on if you are working on it but it's difficult, or if nothing has happened yet? :)
  • StefanClaassenStefanClaassen Member Unleaded
    I have the same problem. PC steam patch 1.08.
    Again.... Any news on this?  It seems to be getting worse to be honest. Now the intro to each track isn't even playing for me anymore. It just skips straight to the qualification results at the grid line-up. 
    Same here. PC steam patch 1.12. Been this way since 1.04. 
    Codemasters... Really? It's still not fixed and there are no updates to this post anymore either?

I just played a race in career mode, and it's still the same, except it has gotten worse, now it just jumps straight to the qulification results, and then the race.

I should get my money back for this.... Such a huge part of the game, and you aren't fixing it or adressing it any longer. 

I am sorry Codemasters, but this is unacceptable, and it kills my love of the formula 1 games, to play half finished product
    I have been in contact about this with both @faya and Ian from codemasters. Had it fixed by myself for some time, but now it's back to the same. No idea why.
    edited November 2018
    Bump... 4 months in and still nothing... 

I'm not playing this game in it's current state, just not enjoying half a game. I'm not trying to be toxic here, but honestly... I am not getting the game I paid for. 

At this point I am completly ready to delete the game from my libraby and get my money back. This has, for me, been a complete waste of money and time. 

I know not all are having this issue, and that's great. But for me, who have... This is unacceptable. Even worse is the fact that Codemasters have completly stopped responding to an issue raised on thier own forums. That is even more unacceptable. 

Sad to say that this will only lead to me not buying Codemasters products in the future, as when something does go wrong, you just simply cant count on them (Codemasters) to fix the issue. Very dissapointed.