Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Italiano Grazie Ragazzi Grande Lavorro Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
Forza Ferrari 1 - 2, calling it.
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Sauber seem to be going all out to test the halo.
  • MIXER781MIXER781 Member New Car Smell
    Ciao a tutto lo staff codemaster ottimo gioco formula1 2018 ,ma risultano esserci ancora piccole aggiunte come x esempio la mancata patch nn fa guadagnare un trofeo nel gioco quello che dice:tutti cominciano da zero ottieni un abilita nel multi giocatore grazie a tutti!!?
    Wrong place my dude 

The two Ferraris are definitely NOT going to collide with each other going into turn 1 tomorrow.
    Well now, they booed Hamilton yesterday, the salt is going to be real on the podium.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Hughesy said:
    Well now, they booed Hamilton yesterday, the salt is going to be real on the podium.
    I thought the "**** you Hamilton" chants you could hear in the cool-down room were a bit much (considering he wasn't at fault for the Vettel contact). But Bottas definitely got worse boo's on the podium.
  • UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    Honestly who can you trust when Mercedes lies to Bottas about his pace?
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Once again, Ferrari snatch defeat from the claws of victory  :D 

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    edited September 2
    Could it really be that Vettel throws yet another WDC away due to silly and unnecessary mistakes? Could it really be? I still think he's the favorite, but that's only because of this monster of a car he has.

Btw:

IN THEIR HOME!
    Kimi did the same move as Hamilton on Hamilton, at the same corner and did what Vettel should have. Vettel had the car to win, he didn't need to fight so hard on the first lap.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    edited September 2
    Could it really be that Vettel throws yet another WDC away due to silly and unnecessary mistakes? Could it really be? I still think he's the favorite, but that's only because of this monster of a car he has.

Btw:

IN THEIR HOME!
    2017 definitely wasn't thrown away. If you remove Singapore and Baku Hamilton still wins because of the monster of a car he had. 

As for this year, it's still far too early to call it. In 2012 at this stage the gap was 39. In 2010 he didn't lead until the last race. The title was won at the last real corner in 2008, Kimi made a storming come back in 2007.  I don't think today goes down as a silly mistake, it was a 50/50 and Hamilton was lucky to come out of that corner in one piece. This is what happens when neither wants to back down. 

It's a shame that Kimi didn't win today, would have been nice for someone else to win for a change. Sad to think Kimi and Alonso will leave the sport having not won for 5 years...
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

edited September 2
    *wrong thread*..................................................

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Renault's protest against Grosjean has been successful, so he'll be disqualified and Sirotkin will score a point.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

edited September 2
    It's to do with the front corners of the floor. How long has this been on the car, and why didn't they protest after qualifying. I suppose it could have been noticed after the race, rare that this happens these days. 
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Honestly, at this point I'm done fighting it. Hamilton will win this championship because at the end of it, he's simply a better, more consistent and more composed of a driver than Vettel. The Ferrari has a clear edge over the Mercedes, yet Vettel and Ferrari can't cash in. Ever. Hamilton is too great. Vettel is too flawed. Top-3 all time, Schumacher, Senna, Hamilton. Not even a 4-time World Champion can beat an opponent like that if he's not completely flawless. Remember when Hamilton was the one who was emotional? Not anymore. And now he's almost unbeatable. The absolute best on this grid.

Other stuff, I'm happy Sirotkin has a point. Stroll has two, but I think that performance wise, Sirotkin has been deserving of a points-finish for some time now.
    Still plenty of races to go with Ferrari having a pretty obvious advantage car-wise, nothing decided yet @Jiggy. But we all know Vettel should be leading this WDC by 30-40 pts at this stage.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    edited September 3
    Lewis must've been laughing his ass off watching the Ferrari's fight tooth and nail in to turn 1, 24 hours after giving their driver who's 90 pts behind in the championship the preferential qualifying strategy. Meanwhile Mercedes have their own fully trained Bottachello. To their credit, because that's exactly what should be happening at this stage. Ferrari must lack leaders afraid to make the difficult decisions because the decisions made this weekend were totally ludicrous. 

But it is also true that Seb is getting involved in too much contact this season. It's weird, I don't know what's triggered the increased level of chaos in his driving since 2016 because between 2011-2015 it looked like he'd figured it out aside from a few glitches. It's been a really weird trajectory for his career and it's a shame as a fan because while he didn't lose much in 2016 and 2017, the mistakes from this year are harming his legacy if he doesn't win the title. I would certainly consider it the worst season of his career. 

But the simple outlook now is that of both Seb and Lewis are reliable till the end of the season it's going to require perfection from Seb to take the title from here, and from Ferrari which is my bigger doubt as listed above. Bottas is never going to finish in front of Lewis again this season so in reality the worst position he can finish each weekend is P3, and that's even if Raikkonen can beat him which has proven to be unlikely. That means Seb has really got to win at least 5 of the remaining 7, and if Kimi doesn't beat Lewis to the flag a few times it's going to mean he needs 6. 

Hugely unlikely, and for that reason installing anyone but Lewis as the favourite is ridiculous. But things rarely play out that smoothly in F1 so that's what the tifosi will have to bank on.   
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Also (sorry for the double post but I felt this deserved its own) I'm starting to form a similar level of opinion about Rosberg as I think most Lewis fans did for the last 5 years. After saying he wanted to retire because he's achieved his goal and he wants to chase new ventures, he's now at the F1 every weekend. Often doing 'analysis' for Sky F1, and talking about what it takes to beat Lewis like he's some sort of authority on the matter because he did it once in extremely fortunate circumstances after getting destroyed for pretty much the whole 3 years.

You can't take his title away from him but I'm now fully convinced he did just retire because he didn't want to face Lewis again, and now he just gets to talk about how great he was to beat Lewis for eternity. I can understand Lewis' resentment towards him for that because uninformed fans might actually begin to take that as fact as the years roll by. But it definitely puts a shadow on Nico's character imo.