Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Wheel Nut
    In qualy, I can hit and beat my targets but on race day I have no pace whatsoever. Combine this with AI who dive across you and brake, costing you some wing, and your race is over. 
  • MatrimCMatrimC Member Unleaded
    It says on Steam page that the game has "Full controller support". Have we had any word from Codemasters about the issues or we don't have the support?
  • Dez0808Dez0808 Member Pit Crew
    Pad here and don't have any issues. Are you breaking too late into corners? 
  • MatrimCMatrimC Member Unleaded
    Locking your front wheels don't generate the amount of heat to destroy tyres for whole race.
  • Lewis44TheWinLewis44TheWin Member Wheel Nut
    Zachrulez said:
    Dez0808 said:
    I'm guessing you haven't gotten to Monaco yet.
    Me either, and yes I've done a full season, XB1 I use elite controller, the right and left thumbsticks are heavier and thus allows for the controls in corners to be more smooth feeling, you can also adjust the input type itself with the elite. On PS4 I use Kontrol Freeks, the added height and grip make for a much smoother experience on a pad. Kontrol Freeks would also work on XB1 if an elite controller isn't an option for you.

• Nickname85Nickname85 Member Wheel Nut
    Inner tire temp can also be effected bij camber setup i thought, did you change that? Try to use one of the 5 standard car setups and see if you still have this problem. 
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    Zachrulez said:
    Dez0808 said:
    Me either, and yes I've done a full season, XB1 I use elite controller, the right and left thumbsticks are heavier and thus allows for the controls in corners to be more smooth feeling, you can also adjust the input type itself with the elite. On PS4 I use Kontrol Freeks, the added height and grip make for a much smoother experience on a pad. Kontrol Freeks would also work on XB1 if an elite controller isn't an option for you.
    That works if you're actually using the analog sticks to steer on a pad. I learned racing games on the d-pad and never got to grips with steering on sticks.
    The funny thing is Monaco is the only track I've had trouble keeping the temps down and that's the track where they shouldn't really be getting any temperature.
  • TL77TL77 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 1
    Monaco has always been a problem in Codemasters F1. I remember every year hearing the commentators say that tyre wear is minimal there, remember Vettel in 2011. In the games however it's always had massive tyre wear. I don't understand how they can get it so completely wrong so consistently every single year. Maybe it's some big problem in the physics engine.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    Zachrulez said:
    Zachrulez said:
    Dez0808 said:
    That works if you're actually using the analog sticks to steer on a pad. I learned racing games on the d-pad and never got to grips with steering on sticks.
    How in the holy hell do you do that on the d-pad! I doff my cap to you sir I can’t even imagine steering with that.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 1
    This is horrendous for me on some tracks. Granted I'm one day in and need to work it out with setups, but even middling camber and tow I had issues with crazy values for front tyre carcass, 119 degrees and at that point, I was 8 seconds off delta just to lose two or three degrees off per lap. And even when it gets respectable again, on pad I can't get back to a respectable pace without frying the tyre again lol. 

China btw
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • Nightfire1964Nightfire1964 Member New Car Smell
    In Singapore at the moment and even on the straights I seem to increase the temperature that by 4 laps I'm at 110 Celsius and the car is impossible to drive. 
  • LH44WilsonLH44Wilson Member New Car Smell
    Really think they have put too much emphasis on the tyres this year, I do 50% race distance and the starting set of tyres only last 3-4 laps, so 100% is lap 6-8, when do we ever see that in real life f1 ?? Seems far too much like 2011 levels of tyre wear 
  • AvengerGR35AvengerGR35 Member New Car Smell
    Monaco is a nightmare for me. In free practice the inner temperatures of the front tyres reached 109 D Celsius after doing only 4 laps and the car handled like a boat. At first I thought it was due to the poor aero of the Sauber but after I looked at the MFD I realised it was the carcass temp. After playing with the setup I managed to make them last 10 laps before overheating again. I hope the tyres last for 60+ laps otherwise I will most likely find my self in the wall. 
  • Bowzer33Bowzer33 Member Unleaded
    edited September 2
    Agree with all comments here. Ive been doing a 100% distance championship and have made it to USA. More than half the tracks I just end up with horrendous understeer a few laps in to any stint and start to lose multiple seconds per lap. Tracks like Spain, Monaco, France, Hungary and Japan were just pitiful experiences for me, as no matter my setup I just ended up understeering everywhere and couldnt cool down the tyres. Wouldnt be a problem if the AI had the same problem, but they just disappear down the road after a few laps.
    I appreciate the effort in trying to make it more realistic, but it seems this is a common problem for a lot of people, and it is just a bit too much. I do use a pad, so likely that doesnt help as well.
    The only different experience was in Singapore where it was wet and I couldnt get temperature into my tyres at all so was sliding all over the place and ended up seconds off the pace per lap.
    Whether codemasters need to look into this, or if there is any help with setup or something im not understanding, I dont know. But id sure like some help as its ruining the fun factor of simply driving the cars.
    Ive tried smoother steering and braking, rear bias, standard setups, edited setups, lower tyre pressures, softer front suspension.. I just end up cranking the front wing to stand a chance, and that kills me on the straight anyway.
    Tyre temp doesnt seem to cool on the straights either.
    edited September 2
    FRACTURED said:
    This is horrendous for me on some tracks. Granted I'm one day in and need to work it out with setups, but even middling camber and tow I had issues with crazy values for front tyre carcass, 119 degrees and at that point, I was 8 seconds off delta just to lose two or three degrees off per lap. And even when it gets respectable again, on pad I can't get back to a respectable pace without frying the tyre again lol. 

China btw
    Didn't have much issue with China. It has a really long straight and another pretty decent straight. More than enough track to help cool the tyres. I've found Spain to be a bit of an interesting struggle though. Not sure how I'm going to manage Monaco. More than likely just going to need to try to deal with having overheated tyres.

Monaco for sure needs some kind of adjustment in a patch for controllers. Singapore probably too. (Failing that simply the ability to easily turn the feature on an off. It's mostly good but at some tracks it's just untenable on a controller.) Tracks that are more corners than straights are going to be a problem for most people on controller.
    Post edited by Zachrulez on
  • oliverdrewoliverdrew Member New Car Smell
    Oh phew I thought it was just my poor driving.

For me it’s completely ruined the first season of my career...I’ve tried all sorts of different setup routes and driving styles to try and compensate but no matter what I do the tires overheat.  Some tracks have been ok - Mexico was “alright” but my races at Monaco, Singapore, Japan, Brazil and others were just ruined by it.

Hopefully something can be tweaked to help this because it’s taking the fun out of the game for me at the moment.

• MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    This will be terrible for pad users in league races. There's literally nothing pad users can do to mitigate the higher tyre wear and way higher tyre temperatures compared to the wheel users.