Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I can race 110 AI 'doing it wrong'  :|

Seems to be a few specific tracks. China was a bit better after some setup work. Spain was about the same in an online lobby but again, no setup. 

Does race length affect this? 

VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Co-Driver
    Feeling better and better about the fact that I didn't buy this game on release day.                       
    I smell like a new car.
  • Davidepotenza19Davidepotenza19 Member New Car Smell
    Dunky1980
    the problem is not the driving style
    there is really an excessive overheating of the tires
    you said that you play 105
    do not you tell me that in Barcelona you did not have any problems?
    because if you did not have one please send us a video of three or four laps while you drive to Barcelona in free trial with a full tank of fuel
    Sorry for my english.......................
    Alex1994128
    can I ask you a couple of questions ??
    at what level do you play?
    do you play with the steering wheel or with the pad?
    Last question
    How did you solve your problems with tires in Spain?
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Co-Driver
    sorry to spoil your party here, but if you have issues with tyres everheating then work on the setups and manage your driving style, the only race where is had issues so far was spain and there i just adjusted my strategy and i was fine.
    Are you a pad or wheel user?
  • oxonboy1oxonboy1 Member New Car Smell
    I'm having the same issues on pad. Monaco was a nightmare. I have just finished Singapore and again horrible tyre temps. Apart from them two i have been able to deal with the tyres reasonably ok. Still 6 more races to go. Just hope i can keep the tyres under control :#
  • SirDriftalotsSirDriftalots Member Wheel Nut
    One thing this game does well for wheel users, is enables you to feel when you’ve gone past the maximum slip angle of the car, ie the point when aerodynamic grip has washed off and you are now relying solely on mechanical grip, namely the tyres.

i find that in certain corners if I am too agressive on turn in, I’ll bleed of the downforce and cook the tyres as a result, I think pad users just don’t have this feedback available to them and are probably over stressing the tyres without realising.
  • jpinzonbjpinzonb Member New Car Smell
    It feels more realistic, however in Monaco its impossible to keep a good pace after a few laps, front tyres overheat way too much, I hope they fix that soon!
  • RyneRyne Member Unleaded
    Are you using a pad by any chance?

There is an issue ongoing where some pad users tires overheat too quickly. Try switching to a wheel if you are using a pad.
  • RyneRyne Member Unleaded
    MatrimC said:
    Ryne said:
    Try switching to a wheel if you are using a pad.
    I like your optimism of everyone having the option to drop €350 for a wheel just to use it in racing games (Where pad is universal for a lot of games).
    I know, that remark was tongue in cheek because codemasters cater to wheel guys lol.
    in my opinion there is clearly overheating of the tires especially for those who use the pad
    Codemasters should do something because not everyone has the opportunity to buy a steering wheel and circuits as a monk this year because of overheating are impossible to do especially if you play with the races at 100%
    eh level 110 without aid
    Sorry for my english
  • blejkyblejky Member New Car Smell
    I'm having same issue certain tracks are just undriveable.
    I'm 100% sure that Codemasters won't change game physiques just to accommodate certain type of players.
    I'm afraid it's gonna be up to modding community for this one.

• MatrimCMatrimC Member Unleaded
    edited September 3
    blejky said:
    I'm 100% sure that Codemasters won't change game physiques just to accommodate certain type of players.
    They just did with 1.05 patch changing TC for huge group of players, only to accommodate "feedback" from players driving without TC.  It literally changes the game physiques and all those people need to relearn how to drive now.
  • MartyHDMartyHD Member New Car Smell
    I have the same problem
    it happens that the internal temperature of the rubber overheats too much this leads to no longer able to do the times you did before I think it's a bug at least I hope because in 2017 I could push to the maximum without problems now after 5 6 laps the car does not it's more like
    It is.

There are people saying that you're killing your tyres. But this is not the truth. If i got 15-17% tyre usage it will become slippery. 
    That is NOT normal. And even if i drive the first half of my stint quick and save in the second half of my stint the tyres the AI will not care.
    The AI just drives at the same pace over the complete stint and hits every curb. 

Something is wrong here. Or is this made only for wheel users? Am i getting forced to buy a wheel now?

Played on PS4 Pro
  • blejkyblejky Member New Car Smell
    edited September 3
    MatrimC said:
    They just did with 1.05 patch changing TC for huge group of players, only to accommodate "feedback" from players driving without TC.  It literally changes the game physiques and all those people need to relearn how to drive now.

All that they did is 
    Re-balanced Medium Traction Control Settings it has nothing to do with tyre temp issue.
    Nothing has bean fixed for people with temp issues.

the only thing we can do with users who play with the pad is to point out every day on this forum to Codemasters that there is a problem creating every day discussions of this type because we have paid this game and we must have the same opportunities as those he has a steering wheel
    because not everyone can spend 300 euros for a steering wheel