Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• Nastra100Nastra100 Member Unleaded
    What I do not get for those criticising and saying it is the driving style is that you can use a time trial setup and drive as aggressive as you want with a wheel but not have any tyre heating issues. In fact with a wheel you are fighting to get the tyres up to any sort of heat (this is worse after a safety car)

With a pad though, you have to do all sorts of management and reducing the AI etc. 
  • BluRacer7BluRacer7 Member New Car Smell
    This right here I wanna show you, Brazilian GP, currently in a 100% fully R&D upgraded McLaren and I'm on a 1 stop for the Mediums and at the time I'm fully aware of the Tyre Temp Carcass is complete wack so I tried to be gentle on corners, easing the throttle and stay on the racing line while at the same time trying to push cause I'm on 103 A.I difficulty and look here no matter how easy I was with the Tyres and I have little vibration on my controller it still overheating and I'm 5 laps away from my pitstop window and I can't afford to pit early otherwise the process of this will start again when I go to Medium, and ironic my engineer say tyres are on good conditions when on screen it's not. I never had these issues before the 1.05 patch when all this debacle started.

I tried messing with the Front Brake Bias and Differential while on track to see if i could try countering it somehow, I try increase the Differential to increase grip to stop them overheating but that didn't work and now I'm starting to slip and slide since my front right tyres is not in my control anymore plus I can't go any slower cause the rest of the A.I are catching me and they don't suffer tyre wear at all the way I'm suffering. And no lowering the A.I difficulty won't solve that cause I refuse to baby it down, I want to fight them at their high level but these Inner Carcass temperatures are making some races on certain tracks unplayable to drive on.

• ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    Yeah my carcass temperatures were actually worse at Britain in the 2nd season with a more upgraded car. I think the problem is that the straights do most of the cooling of the tyres when you're on a controller and when you're faster on the straights you spend less time on the straights cooling them.
  • BluRacer7BluRacer7 Member New Car Smell
    This thread is now has the most traffic in F1 2018 forums, that screams a major problem, and I can't believe people are doing their best to prevent Codies from fixing saying it's fine when it wasn't, the Tyre Temps overheat way too fast and it has to be fix to what it was before patch 1.05, this right now is a bug and no matter how gentle you drive and no matter how much you ease the throttle and you turn lightly through corners they still overheat too quickly, this makes Pit Stop strategies extremely limited, you wanna try push up the pace and try the over-cut? Well good luck with that.
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Is it me or do certain cars overheat tyres faster than others? The Torro Rosso seems to be worse than the Sauber from my testing. 
    edited October 12
    Chassis does factor in. I think it's worth a few degrees here or there.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I've mostly just played career, so not sure on the different teams. I feel like a few races, after pausing for a minute to deal with something, the tyres are cooling faster after coming back off pause.

I think I'm going cuckoo  :p
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • RicciRocketRicciRocket Member New Car Smell
    edited October 13
    1. You're right, it's very boring to read 600 times the same thing.
    2. I would like you to post videos that comment on YouTube here since I do not find any.
    3. One thing is what people say, another thing what they do.

Thanks, I look forward to those YouTube links.
    I think 30+ pages of different accounts of the same glitch from different people, and this forum now having the most traffic in the forums is enough proof already.

See yourself out of here.
  • PR3D4TORPR3D4TOR Member Unleaded
    Melbourne/Hockenheim/Hungary can be an issue if you do not watch it carefully temp wise. 
    Monaco/Singapore are worse. Far worse. I do not know how to handle this. I have changed setups many times. I tried many things. Trying to drive as smooth as possible, avoiding fights but it does not work. No clue what is happening. 
  • haitch40haitch40 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    The Sauber seems to deal with too high temps better too. I can stay on the pace better with the Sauber with hot tyres than I can with the TR.
    edited October 14
    PR3D4TOR said:
    Melbourne/Hockenheim/Hungary can be an issue if you do not watch it carefully temp wise. 
    Monaco/Singapore are worse. Far worse. I do not know how to handle this. I have changed setups many times. I tried many things. Trying to drive as smooth as possible, avoiding fights but it does not work. No clue what is happening. 
    On all these tracks using the harder tyres will help though I didn't have as much of an issue with management at Hockenheim. You just have to be a bit careful how you hit the corners.
    So yeah I just ran Singapore in the second season of one of my career modes. The tyres still cooked like crazy but something really strange happened. Half of the AI got really slow too. I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps the heavy upgrading made it impossible for them to maintain their temps. Definitely seems to point at something being badly broken in the carcass temps.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Zachrulez said:
    So yeah I just ran Singapore in the second season of one of my career modes. The tyres still cooked like crazy but something really strange happened. Half of the AI got really slow too. I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps the heavy upgrading made it impossible for them to maintain their temps. Definitely seems to point at something being badly broken in the carcass temps.
    Taking front left of my maxed chassis and aero alfa, for example. S 3 Bahrain. 3rd lap of race front left of yellow soft compound is 98 degrees carcass (I was pushing to break the DRS from LeClerc) as I enter final turn gently. Never let it get higher than 105 surface in final turn, so surface below carcass before the finish line, and about 86 towards the end of the straight at which point it drops one degree before heavy braking (and braking as heavy as a guy can with 54 brake pressure) for T1. For the whole pit straight at Sakhir. 1 degree. Amazing. Then drop another degree on way into T4.
    Turn 11 is hit and miss for losing a degree, probably due to entry of T10, and entry of T14 never seem to drop a degree before braking. 
    It was never really an issue hereduring the race as I think the only time I had even yellowish green was fighting LeClerc on final lap. But I watch this ish religiously now so its noticeable when temps DON'T drop.
    I imagine with ABS or high brake pressure surface temps can get way above 130. Now I mostly keep them 115 or below, but with the AI around occasionally you can't do anything about it (Oh look Sirotkin is parked on the freaking Apex again).
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    We are now on patch 1.12 and this is still completely un-addressed.
  • sanderu1983sanderu1983 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah tomorrow I'm trying to get mine money back from Sony. I bought this game in the PSN shop.
    I did wait long enough for it.
  • sanderu1983sanderu1983 Member New Car Smell
    Lee mather on twitter:
    "option is coming. It actually takes months of tuning, testing and balancing to setup the tyres."

So it never occurred to them that people would want to shut this system off because it might be incredibly broken on some tracks?

I'm just in awe considering all the previous versions of the game without the temperature system.
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member New Car Smell
    I already told them that Codemasters was not going to do anything, I warned them that tweets have no value. The facts are the ones that have value and obviously I think we all know how Codemasters works in this sense. The saddest thing of all is that we have conflicts among us to comment on a thread. On the other hand, moderators and intermediaries between Codemasters and users are conspicuous by their absence. The game has many important failures which Codemasters does not know how to solve, this type of development is very big. Every year the same thing happens and we do not learn and we continue buying an unfinished game and that with time they are not able to fix. I think that users should take another path to the next F1 and not give money for an unfinished game with multiple failures. I hope that this problem they have is fixed but given the incompetence of Codemasters, it is very difficult. Greetings to all.
  • AllenB2609AllenB2609 Member New Car Smell
    ridiculous. All I can say Body is 15 characters too short.
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Yeah I thought this wasn't a problem, I hadn't had it in my half season of career. As soon as I have a slight off, loose the back end, and the inner carcass temp gets to yellow, it's possible to get back to green, but only by driving ridiculously slowly. The other added problem is that the backend suddenly becomes as loose as though driving in the wet, which makes this even harder. Again, all from one slight off or catch of oversteer.