Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• MatrimCMatrimC Member Unleaded
    Well I can't play the game anymore so I might as well keep making new topics here with the time I'm not driving anymore.
  • SirDriftalotsSirDriftalots Member Wheel Nut
    MatrimC said:
    Well I can't play the game anymore so I might as well keep making new topics here with the time I'm not driving anymore.

Why not just lower the AI difficulty and use full TC?

or, maybe you know learn how to drive either with the new medium TC or none at all?
  • MatrimCMatrimC Member Unleaded
    Because I spent 250+ something hours on 2017 and almost 50 hours on 2018 to learn how to drive how I drive. You expect me to use another 300 hours to relearn how to drive to get where I am right now?
  • SirDriftalotsSirDriftalots Member Wheel Nut
    MatrimC said:
    Because I spent 250+ something hours on 2017 and almost 50 hours on 2018 to learn how to drive how I drive. You expect me to use another 300 hours to relearn how to drive to get where I am right now?

Yes, I do.

I highly doubt it would take you 300+ hours to get used to little more wheel spin, but whatever.

• ProtomorphProtomorph Member New Car Smell
    Tyres are a lot more reallistic this year, both in behavior and wear.
  • norfolkbluenorfolkblue Member New Car Smell
    edited September 4
    MartyHD said:
    What i really hate (and it kinda destroys the Gameplay for me a bit too) are the tyres in F1 2018.
    As soon as they get a Low Tyre Wear of 15-20 % the car is slipping all over the place. It's almost as if i drive on Ice. It's very bad.

This was all good an worked 100 % correct in F1 2017.  Why take something that worked perfectly fine and make it worst in the new Game? I don't get it. 
    This is nothing like in real life.

Played on PS4 Pro.
    are you using a pad? that could be why. I notice not much difference in tyre wear to 2017, ran a 1 stop at bahrain on f1 2018 with 75% tyre wear the lap before I pitted and the car wasn't even handling very bad with all that wear hahah (im on a wheel though btw)
    (VP_Daniel_Shields)
    2018 F1 Esports PS4 Wildcard Winner
    Sim racer for https://www.vp-gaming.de
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    I have a season going to get a feel for all the tracks and the temps really went out of control at Singapore and U.S. as well.

Do the suspension and rollbar settings actually affect the temps at all? I haven't really tested going all the way down on suspension or anything like that. I do think the temps could be adjusted so that it's at least possible for pad users to manage the temperature with lower tyre pressures or whatever. It helps,. but it doesn't feel like it helps nearly enough.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    Almost mid way through my first season and although I’ve found some tracks more challenging than others in terms of keeping up with the pace in the Williams I did end up having to skip Monaco sadly :/  I would manage 2-3 average laps but as soon as the tyre temps got too high I was be bouncing off the walls at almost every corner. 

Where I play mostly using a pad with no assists I don’t know what it is but on this years and last years game I’ve really struggled with Monaco and particularly the hairpin, even though I was never amazing at it previously I used to be able to get around and complete the race weekend there without much hassle on F1 2015 and 2016.

Even though the steering is a lot more responsive on this years game I still really struggle on tracks like Monaco and Singapore with the pad. Maybe I just need a lot more practice...
  • kobra167kobra167 Member New Car Smell
    (Pad user) I've had to monitor it at a few tracks. Normally if I'm going all out sprint it might get to yellow. It's easy enough to go half a second slower or so to keep/bring back to green for the race. I'm up to Hungary in Career Mode and I've never had a real problem with exception of Monaco. I had to be 5+ seconds off the pace for it to be yellow-green. I ended up quitting the race half way. Because it was either be slow or try to be fast and be just as slow anyways due to time carcus temp. Every where else so far it seems to be working as intended. . 
  • fattier71fattier71 Member New Car Smell
    You have to change your setting if you have overheating tyre temperature, and managed your drive.  Do you think that F1 pilot are on attack all the race ??

Tyre management and setting are à big skill of F1 pilot. 
    And its normal to suffer on différent track in carreer mode, dépend of the chassis and the downforce skills of your car. People want codies changé à good aspect of the game because they dont achieve to find the right setting for the right track.
    Im using pads,  and i dt have tyre temperature problem .  Changé your setting !
  • Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    still waiting for aknowledgement from codmasters of this issue
  • Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    codemasters still haven't noted this as an issue because they have pandered to the esports comunity and screwed the pad market
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
    Is it a specific tyre compound?
    Are you using a controller or a wheel?
    Which Traction Control setting are you on?
    Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
    And what length are the races? 
  • oner7oner7 Member Unleaded
    I am using wheel and no TC. I havent experienced any problem about tyre temp...
  • MartyHDMartyHD Member New Car Smell
    edited September 4
    I know.
    I‘m using a pad on medium TC on PS4 Pro with Setups cause without setups it would be even worse.

I got at like 99.9 % of the race the trye window open. There isn‘t like anything like stints. If i save my tyres at the beginning of an stint i still got nothing at the end. As soon as the tyres hit like 17-20 % usage it‘s almost like you‘re driving on ice.
  • NightFireNightFire Member Unleaded
    Faya said:
    Hi all,

I have passed this thread and the other thread about tyre temps back to the team for further review. If you could also let me know the following, that would be great. Thanks!

Which tracks are most problematic for you?
    Is it a specific tyre compound?
    Are you using a controller or a wheel?
    Which Traction Control setting are you on?
    Are you running a custom car set up? If so, what set up are you using?
    And what length are the races? 
    I just hope dumbing down the improved tyre temperature physics isn't an intended strategy to compensate for this Codies, as they're without a doubt one of the biggest improvements over 2017. To me it's kinda clear the constant sudden turning and lateral loading of the tyres from pad users on tighter tracks is causing this overheating without any straights for the temps to cool off in. Hopefully it can be mitigated without the need for drastic change, but the facts are higher temperatures are likely always gonna be a thing for pad users with a less sensitive turning axis compared to wheels.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 4
    Temps work great for me with no assists, PS4 and T300. On some tracks like Singapore, Monaco and Spain you just have to not push for a while in the corners where it matters to cool them down before they overheat, on most others it's not even a problem when pushing non-stop. It's very manageable and a great addition. Just be less aggressive with your driving, don't use extreme setups and don't push lap after lap when you see the temps going up on those tracks.