Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures.

Comments

• Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    Just crawled around spain, 3rd gear whole race 5 lap race by lap 3 fronts over heated.
    This heating bug is insane
  • Davidepotenza19Davidepotenza19 Member New Car Smell
    alex1994128
    evidently you are not a user pad but use a steering wheel
    I tell you try to play in Monaco is tell me if you with your great ability to play can keep the temperatures of the tires low
    I do not think it's useless to discuss is a real bug for those who play with the pad
  • JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Co-Driver
    edited September 6
    Sounds like something is going completely wrong somewhere down the line then. For me these were my tyre temps after 3 easy laps.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • Senna1990Senna1990 Member Unleaded
    I don't mind the overheating but not after 3 laps of 5 lap online races, tires shouldnt overheat that quickly is my point 
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    Senna1990 said:
    Just crawled around spain, 3rd gear whole race 5 lap race by lap 3 fronts over heated.
    This heating bug is insane
    I like the way someone disagreed on this comment! What are u calling the guy a liar! It’s fact if he did it not opinion
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    Senna1990 said:
    I don't mind the overheating but not after 3 laps of 5 lap online races, tires shouldnt overheat that quickly is my point 
    It happens in real life.. On the more demanding tracks if a driver pushes hard, their tyres can overheat within one or two laps. If you just take care of the tyres and drive a steady clean 'race pace' instead of pushing like you're driving qualifying, they won't overheat. 
  • rocojuanclarkusrocojuanclarkus Member New Car Smell
    edited September 6
    Senna1990 said:
    It happens in real life.. On the more demanding tracks if a driver pushes hard, their tyres can overheat within one or two laps. If you just take care of the tyres and drive a steady clean 'race pace' instead of pushing like you're driving qualifying, they won't overheat

**See Senna1990's post earlier in the thread. I did a test on COTA cruising around and both front supersoft tyres are gone by lap 7. Standard setup and medium TC with no other assist. Stopped playing the game now.. and start again until it is resolved. 
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 6
    **See Senna1990's post earlier in the thread. I did a test on COTA cruising around and both front supersoft tyres are gone by lap 7. Standard setup and medium TC with no other assist. Stopped playing the game now.. and start again until it is resolved. 
    If that's the case it should be posted as a bug with a video showing the issue perhaps, but they're certainly not glitched in my game as I can manage them on every track by driving smoothly. If people are going to discuss how to manage the 'normal' temperatures compared to a glitch that only some people claim to have in the very same topic, that'll quickly get confusing..
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    The biggest factor in tyre temps is your driving. Oversteering when putting the power down and sliding into corners because you've taken too much speed will absolutely kill your rears which gives you the feeling of driving on ice.
    JB, the rear tyres are never a problem... Its the front tyres. It's not the driving style, it is a bug plain and simple. I have done tests in practice cruising around the COTA at 1.40min laps on the super soft compound tyres and they are shot by the start of lap 7.
    This should not happen for the pad users. 
    I’m sure how smooth you are being with steering inputs has something to do with it also? 
    Maybe the doubters here should read the 
    "Impossible to keep up with the AI race pace solely due to high tyre inner carcass temperatures" thread. It's nothing to do with setups or driving styles at all. Will see if I can post a video on YouTube doing some practice runs.. however at the moment I am done with the game! 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    NickDahy said:
    @senna1990 how are my comments off topic?  I am talking directly about the issue. 

You need to provide some video so we can see how you are driving.

That's his thing. I just slapped an ignore on him after some payback. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 6
    RE: Can't overheat rears?

Oh yes you can, especially once wear is high. I had a 118 rear left. Bloody difficult to deal with at that point.

My workaround is qualify q2 on middle tyre finish on hardest if I can make q3 or just start hard and go to middle tyre. They can still overheat but the flash heating seems less bad so carcass doesnt end up so high
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    lower the anti roll bars, increase the ride hights and low spings then you will suffer much less with tyres.

So basically a lot of ppl were crying out for meanungful tyre temps for years and now that we got them the same group wants the simplified, absolutely ridicolous imo.

In my opinion on some tracks the tyres are NOT SENSITIVE ENOUGH but overall it was such a massive step up compared to 2017 so rather then blaming the game you should accept a challenge that real life teams and drivers are faced with aswell and work on solutions, instead of blaming the game for an unsufficient amount of skill on the side of a few players here.
    Wheel user? Just curious.

Yes crafting a better setup can help on many of the tracks in the game, but the tyre temp system was pretty obviously developed and balanced with a steering wheel in mind. There are just some tracks where the system and using a pad do not mix. No amount of management or setup has allowed me to run Monaco at a reasonable pace. Singapore and the U.S. have also been problematic. It's not going to matter how much I change the setup on these tracks. The mere fact that there are a lot of corners and not enough straights means that turning with a controller is going to run the temps too high.

Also balancing the system for pad users isn't necessarily the same thing as simplifying them. I'd mostly settle for setup changes making the aforementioned tracks actually drivable at this point. (Like maybe you could still overheat if you ran too much tire pressure, roll bar, ect.)
  • botgroperbotgroper Member New Car Smell
    The problem is the game has been set up to favor the esports market and those that use steering wheels, not thinking that yes the heat model is good for them it ends up screwing the pad market who make up 98% of your market.
    it does't need changing per ce needs re balancing for pad users, theres plenty of evidence posted on here so far,
    Set up changes don;'t help, changing of driving style doesn't help,
    they overheat stupidly early and never cool down, unless theres a fix I will be going to get a refund at game before the 30 days im entitled to one is up because its undrivable, because you have piroitied e sports at the deprement of your casual market who have lifes and dont spend 18 hours a day playing the game,

I see you have noted it reading threads any chance of an update please instead of the normal codies silence ? 

Its all on the pad because they have tried to make it an esport/wheel only game,
    Such as shame
    botgroper said:
    Its all on the pad because they have tried to make it an esport/wheel only game,
    Such as shame

If that's the route they are going down then the sales will hit rock bottom next year. Not sure how they will resolve it so looking at getting my money back for a duff product. 

• JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    botgroper said:
    Such as shame
    Is that why assists are still as quick as no assists??
    botgroper said:
    Such as shame

If that's the route they are going down then the sales will hit rock bottom next year. Not sure how they will resolve it so looking at getting my money back for a duff product. 

well it seems that way cause we havent heard anything on a patch 
  • simon7109simon7109 Member Unleaded
    I have never seen my tyres overheating. I am on a wheel so I don't know if that matters, but I have no problem. Always in the green on my mfd.