Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

COME ON!!!

So, playing the weekly event on Dirt 4, N4/R4 cars at Michigan. Okay, should be a good time. Having a good first stage for the most part (disregarding the repeating of a right 4 tightens, into left 6 sequence multiple times in the stage) and feeling pretty good. UNTIL, I get to a right 4 into left 2 sequence where the car steps out at the rear, I hit the opposite rock wall, and flip over sliding into the runoff area. ****, right? Luckily, the car rolls back over onto all 4 wheels, and I whip the Lancer around and continue on down the course. For some reason, Nicki isn’t saying anything to me. Okay, maybe damaged the intercom. New damage model or something. NO. The car stops and I’m listed as DQ’ed. Uhhh, hold on. What the actual frickin’ frack? No warning from Nicki that I’m going the wrong way? I don’t have the HUD on so maybe it says something there, but my entire weekly event is over in 5 seconds because I’m not TOLD that I was going the wrong way? What happened since Dirt Rally where you were informed at least 2x to turn around before you’d be done? Just forgot that little note, Codemasters? The repetitiveness of Your stage aside (as I saw the same right 4 left 6 sequence in the following Up to 2000cc weekly event) but come on, Codemasters. We’ve asked for fixes. We’ve asked for follow ups. We’ve asked for COMMON SENSE to be in the games, and we’ve been left with nothing. I’m anxiously awaiting the next step in Codemasters rally lineup, as I love rallying, but Dirt 4 has continuously left a bad flavour in my mouth. 

Comments

• tharding67tharding67 Member New Car Smell
    Not even allowed to say “rap with a c” on a discussion board. What a YOKE. 
  • kheirokheiro Member New Car Smell
    You are right those are things that CM are definitely doing right.
    I and many others are frustrated with the current situation and are just wanting some answers. That lack of transparency in my eyes is just as off putting and frustrating as MTs and loot boxes and why I feel CM doesn't deserve anyone's support right now. If they don't want to support the community than the community shouldn't feel any obligation to support them.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Rapc

Seems to work for me. Fair point you make, but this is one for whatever is next; D4 has been unsupported since Day One pretty much.
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    Maybe poor Grist was knocked unconscious or is dazed and confused from the multiple rolls.  That kind of driving would result in a DNF anyway, but hey, it’s just a game.
    PSN: cjr3559
    cjr3559 said:
    Maybe poor Grist was knocked unconscious or is dazed and confused from the multiple rolls.  That kind of driving would result in a DNF anyway, but hey, it’s just a game.
    I know what you mean, friend. At the end of the day, it’s not a big deal. I’m sure I would’ve been out of a rally a few times if it were real life, based on what has happened in my rallying experiences. But, it is frustrating when an entire event is for naught because of a lack of clarity in a game. In dirt rally, I would’ve known that I was going the wrong way as I would’ve been told over the intercom. I don’t recall having any notification on this event of an error, so I assumed something else was going on until the DQ. And at the end of the day, you expect something more from an established company like Codemasters. I enjoy their products. Been buying them for years. I loved ToCA race driver and Grid and DiRT and F1 and everything that has been available in the US. To be out for a simple thing like going the wrong way ON A RALLY stage, that leaves me with a less than desirable feeling toward the company. 
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    I have my own “COME ON” moments too.  Like when you graze a bush or something with the Delta in cockpit view and the hood (or bonnet) obstructs your view. And then, it’s still attached to the car starting the next stage. Why doesn’t someone pound it flat or just remove it?  Especially going into a night stage when the additional light cluster is added.  I mean, couldn’t someone have just simply fixed the hood when they affixed the lights?
    PSN: cjr3559
    cjr3559 said:
    I have my own “COME ON” moments too.  Like when you graze a bush or something with the Delta in cockpit view and the hood (or bonnet) obstructs your view. And then, it’s still attached to the car starting the next stage. Why doesn’t someone pound it flat or just remove it?  Especially going into a night stage when the additional light cluster is added.  I mean, couldn’t someone have just simply fixed the hood when they affixed the lights?
    I'm thinking that would fall under the "common sense" I complain about in my original post. :P 

The last couple of days, I've been getting on Dirt 4 and doing the daily challenges, and that has been alright, but again, I'm not immersing myself in the game at all. I've started a rally on career mode but EH. I've been thinking about doing the monthly event (again with N4/R4 cars), but then I remember how my weekly event went and I go MEH. Maybe not. One of the daily events yesterday was in the Opel Kadett in Spain and that was an okay rally, but again, a lot of the same "Right 4 into open hairpin left" kind of deals to where I just felt like I got nowhere and spent 8 minutes or so to end up at the same spot. There truly is a lot of potential with this game, considering I keep coming back to the daily events and I keep trying to have a go at it, but there are so many little things and so many MAJOR grievances that have been noted that it just makes me say MEH.