Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Rainy Grand Prix

Everytime I do Grand Prix mode I always have rain in the race. Except Bahrain and Abu Dhabi of course. Unless I go in and change it... I had the same problem in F1 2017... Is this a glitch or just a very high probability?
Tagged:

Comments

• RapsterRapster Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 4
    Even if it was only 1% probability (of you having rain in a race) it still means that you could have it in every race. As long as there's a possibility, it could happen and it seems to be happening to you.

I've only had dry races thus far but I have only 5 races under my belt (or halo).
  • KrazyKlutt1KrazyKlutt1 Member New Car Smell
    Latest rain update: 8 wet in 15 races , 53 % wet races, good work Codemasters! 
  • KrazyKlutt1KrazyKlutt1 Member New Car Smell
    Rapster said:
    Even if it was only 1% probability (of you having rain in a race) it still means that you could have it in every race. As long as there's a possibility, it could happen and it seems to be happening to you.

I've only had dry races thus far but I have only 5 races under my belt (or halo).
    Except that Codemasters have it set to roughly 30-40% probability.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    The chance of rain should be calculated considering the 4 or 5 races before. For example China could be a 50% chance of rain. But if you had rain before (e.g. Melbourne) the chance should drop. Maybe to 25% and so on.
    This would avoid to have three rainy races in a row.
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    Akkan74 said:
    The chance of rain should be calculated considering the 4 or 5 races before. For example China could be a 50% chance of rain. But if you had rain before (e.g. Melbourne) the chance should drop. Maybe to 25% and so on.
    And that takes away "dynamic weather" ... Less rain as you progress in the season, really? 
    Akkan74 said:
    And that takes away "dynamic weather" ... Less rain as you progress in the season, really? 
    Thats not the meaning. It is dynamic weather but the chances are increasing or decreasing. It doesn't mean less rain during a season. It avoids to get 8 of 10 rainy races.
    Dynamic weather means weather changes during race or race weekend. That will not be changed. Only the possibility changes.
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    Akkan74 said:
    Akkan74 said:
    Thats not the meaning. It is dynamic weather but the chances are increasing or decreasing. It doesn't mean less rain during a season. It avoids to get 8 of 10 rainy races.
    Dynamic weather means weather changes during race or race weekend. That will not be changed. Only the possibility changes.
    I'm on my 6th GP weekend doing 100% distance and all of them have been dry with the exception of Azerbaijan which got a little damp but not even wet enough for inters. People complained about this last year and again I and most others didn't have the issue and nothing was tweaked. Just sounds like bad luck. 
    Akkan74 said:
    Akkan74 said:
    I'm on my 6th GP weekend doing 100% distance and all of them have been dry with the exception of Azerbaijan which got a little damp but not even wet enough for inters. People complained about this last year and again I and most others didn't have the issue and nothing was tweaked. Just sounds like bad luck. 
    I also never had this problem. Noticed it here in the forum only for some guys. It was an idea only from my side to avoid this bug/glitch for some player.