Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

SC restart

MarcinRybaMarcinRyba Member Unleaded
I witnessed that as many times as I had SC in my career. Due to slow pace of the pack tyres and brakes are cooling down, thats obvious but for AI it simply doesn't exist. After green flag they lift off like space rockets with straight away racing speed, they don't worry about tyres temps because I assume it doesn't happen to them. Its simply impossible to keep up with their pace on first lap after restart because tyres have to warm up firstly.
Conclusion: Make AI FINALLY behave like real drivers, not like perfect machines.
Post edited by MarcinRyba on
Tagged:

Comments

• KrazyKlutt1KrazyKlutt1 Member New Car Smell
    This is true, temps aren't simulated with the a.i. , Codemasters doesn't reply to this for some reason and it makes racing very unrealistic. 

This is a huge issue and at least needs a response from Codemasters!!!!!
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    Ive had 2 SCs in my first 6 races,  same problem  they don't weave they dont do little brake tests to get rotor temp up. Im doing all the right things to keep temp in the tyres yet when the sc goes in the AI are off and gone. 
  • RapsterRapster Member Wheel Nut
    +1

AI have Alien abilities post SC return to pits.
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    In reality the teams increase brake temperatures and tyre temperatures also by breaking a little under acceleration. Not only by weaving. I don't know if breaking also increase tyre temperatures in the game. Have to try it.

• CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    Akkan74 said:
    In reality the teams increase brake temperatures and tyre temperatures also by breaking a little under acceleration. Not only by weaving. I don't know if breaking also increase tyre temperatures in the game. Have to try it.

It does the heat from the rotors radiates out into the tyre,  well IRL it does  i do it all, weave, brake everything and still can't keep up with them.. I think the 2nd problem is that all the AI know when the 1st car takes off and they all go at once, whereas us the player loose a tenth or 2 having to guess when to go
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    Yep, the robotic start of all AI cars isn't well solved. It doesn't matter if the first car is behind a corner or not. They all accelerate at the same time. Would be better if the AI would only react to one or two cars in front. Also different restarts of AI some cars have a good some have a bad one, would result into higher immersion.
    About temperatures it would be great if CM could give a statement, if temperatures for AI is really simulated or scripted.
  • KrazyKlutt1KrazyKlutt1 Member New Car Smell
    I agree, they need to at least give a reply because this is a huge issue.