Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

G29 setup for F1 2018

wenjunyang1990wenjunyang1990 Member New Car Smell
Hi there:

I wonder how to setup G29 to make it more realistic

Now I am running:

FFB-50, on track-25, rumble-25, off track-25, damper-25, understeer on

anyone willing to share your setup?

Comments

• AnaelbrAnaelbr Member New Car Smell
    FFB-75, on track-35, rumble-25, off track-15, damper-25, understeer on
  • ramurelramurel Member New Car Smell
    edited September 26
    You guys must be going to the gym or something :smile:
    I play on PS4 the 2018 from the first day the game appeared and tested many settings on FFB options and what you see in the picture is what I use.
    My God, fellas, FFB at 50 to 70 will kill your arms at a 12-15 laps race, I tried and find that over 30 is pretty hard to keep it like that on 25%-50% races and a little pointless, IMO.
    I'm on 25 and feel the car wheels on the track very well, no need more on that.
    Anything else from there is ok to move around except the rumble strip effect. To much of it will wear your G29 wheel, IMO , it's a very powerful effect for the wheel, don't you think? It shake the wheel like hell.
    PS: can't upload the picture so I wrote mine:
    -Vibration& FF- 25
    - on track -23
    - rumblestrip- 20
    - off track- 22
    -wheel damper -23

• PatrickTuckerPatrickTucker Member Unleaded
    edited September 27
    Wow, I leave mine on 100% for everything. I had it on 150% last year, but the motor would get hot after 10 laps or so and begin to fade. The stronger the FF, the more feel you have, allowing you to push it closer to the edge. I’ll admit when I first started with a wheel the particular muscles that control the movement were a touch sore for a bit, but they strengthen quickly. 
    realSpirit_of_76    PS4
    Hey, guys!
    I think I might have a problem with that little red MFD wheel at my G29, but I'm not sure and I wanna ask if it's  happened to you.
    A lot of times that little wheel it's not responsive, especially when I'm into corners I noticed it won't change the parameter I want to change, have to wait for the straight line on track to make the change, that's what I noticed. I assigned it to the ERS system change.
    It happens to you, too, or its a problem?
    And if it's a problem, do you know how can I fix it easy? I have spray for potentiometers, but I saw a video where a guy opened the entire wheel and, oh my God, have to take out one million screws. Isn't any quick way to get access to that potentiometer without opening the whole wheel ?
  • haasgaetano79haasgaetano79 Member New Car Smell
    **** you guys are pussys...i run 150 force feedback and 100 wheel damper and i do 100% races in my career mode..get to the gym u wimps
    edited October 30
    Aside from working out your muscles, there's not much benefit tearing and wearing that G29 that much ! Especially at a fast speed game like F1, who require quick direction changes, so it's just your personal choice to ruin your steering wheel, IMO !
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member New Car Smell
    ramurel said:
    Hey, guys!
    I think I might have a problem with that little red MFD wheel at my G29, but I'm not sure and I wanna ask if it's  happened to you.
    A lot of times that little wheel it's not responsive, especially when I'm into corners I noticed it won't change the parameter I want to change, have to wait for the straight line on track to make the change, that's what I noticed. I assigned it to the ERS system change.
    It happens to you, too, or its a problem?
    And if it's a problem, do you know how can I fix it easy? I have spray for potentiometers, but I saw a video where a guy opened the entire wheel and, oh my God, have to take out one million screws. Isn't any quick way to get access to that potentiometer without opening the whole wheel ?
    Hey I'm not sure if this is that same thing but on my g29 you have to move the red dial 2 clicks to start to change the settings then every click after changes the setting once more...it was the same in 2017 for me as well (first click does nothing, second and so on changes whatever setting by one) but in GT Sport it works fine so maybe it's the game trying to avoid accidental changes (too bad it isn't optional if so because I'd like to use it more) 
    I know I'm a little late but hopefully that helps!