Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Upgrades between seasons

What happened to me is either glitch or very bad joke. At the end of 1st season in my career I saved over 6k of resource points and I had a plan to spend them on upgrades.
I did not expected that outcome at all

I even bought additional "quality control" perks and still failed. Its not a problem to do upgrade between races, but during winter brake its not possible
please fix
Tagged:

Comments

• bassserbassser Member Wheel Nut
    I hat like 3,5k to spend over winter and got three big and one minor update out of it... all the 3 big failed...
    F1 2017 Beta Tester | League Racer | Thrustmaster T500 RS | PC | F1 Gaming since F1 97
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I've never had anything fail as still in first season and have mainly been working to max out the uality control and cost saving stuff befire attacking development more toward end of season. It wouldn't be something to do with the rules changes would it. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    Ouch! Only had one fail and that was a Chassis part I hadn't done any fail safes on (was just for the trophy failing a part due to a regulation change) so that was on purpose. But I always otherwise purchase all fail and discount parts first, seems to be okay for me. End of 1st season had 1 major and 3 minor parts from all 3 sections and all went through fine.

Did you have all quality control parts? As the rate of failing increases for bigger parts, you'll want to do all before completing any of the biggest R&D.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • rfvgtrfvgt Member Wheel Nut
    @MarcinRyba @bassser
    I had the exact same problem last night! I thought about posting it here, but then found out why it didn't work (at least I thought I did).

At the end of Season 2 I had 6,300 (!) points saved. I wanted to have three big aero upgrades, one small engine upgrade and two reliability upgrades. I also had bought every quality control upgrade for aero & chassis. When I bought the three aero upgrades, it said there was a 0,00% chance of failure, as it should. HOWEVER those three big aero upgrades still failed. I had saved right after the last race in Abu Dhabi, so I reloaded my save file and tried again. It still didn't work.

For season three there were major rules changes in the aero department. I had to re-buy every aero upgrade I had previously bought for 50% of its original value. So I spent my points between Singapore and Austin to make those parts work for season 3. Nothing special so far, this is how the game works. The thing is, when you buy a new upgrade after new rules have been announced, you have to re-buy it in order to be able to use it in the next season. You can only do that once that part has been successfully developed. Since big upgrades take two weekends at least, you can't re-buy it in time for the next season, therefore those upgrades don't comply with next season's rules, you can't use them anymore. 

At least I hope that that is the explanation for that "glitch", in which case it wouldn't be really a glitch, more like an oversight. I hope they fix that in a future patch. You should be able to re-buy an upgrade immediately to make it comply with the rules for next season, even if that upgrade isn't fully developed yet.
  • mattias333mattias333 Member New Car Smell
    So basically for those of us not at the end of our first season yet. Don’t purchase major upgrades after last race is what your saying? Because it won’t be completed in time an therefore can’t pay to upgrade it because it wasn’t completed in time?
  • kubakwkubakw Member Unleaded
    I tried buying several upgrades (2 engine, 2 aero, 2 chassis) at the end of season 1. Chassis was due for regulation change. Both engine and aero upgrades went through and were OK for Australia, but the chassis upgrades failed so it's possibly meant to be this way.
  • rfvgtrfvgt Member Wheel Nut
    So basically for those of us not at the end of our first season yet. Don’t purchase major upgrades after last race is what your saying? Because it won’t be completed in time an therefore can’t pay to upgrade it because it wasn’t completed in time?
    You can buy big ugrades, but only those that are not affected by regulation changes. For example if there are rule changes in the chassis department, don't buy a big chassis upgrade after Abu Dhabi. If you want that upgrade to be ready for the next season, it has to be finished when you arrive in Abu Dhabi and then you need to purchase it again. In that scenario any engine and aero upgrades would work fine if you bought them after Abu Dhabi (small, big and ultimate). At least that's my theory 😂
  • mattias333mattias333 Member New Car Smell
    rfvgt said:
    You can buy big ugrades, but only those that are not affected by regulation changes. For example if there are rule changes in the chassis department, don't buy a big chassis upgrade after Abu Dhabi. If you want that upgrade to be ready for the next season, it has to be finished when you arrive in Abu Dhabi and then you need to purchase it again. In that scenario any engine and aero upgrades would work fine if you bought them after Abu Dhabi (small, big and ultimate). At least that's my theory 😂
    Fantastic. Brilliantly an simply cleared up. That was my understanding from others posts but wanted to clarify haha! Thank you 
  • MarcinRybaMarcinRyba Member Unleaded
    rfvgt said:
    Well, you might be right, because regulation changes did affect aero and chassis (which for me driving Sauber meant worst possible scenario)
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I hope the first year change for my game isn't to aero :'( 

I did the first durability upgrade and from there everything into aero price reduction and reduced failure rate  :p
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.