Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Bug list Career Mode

BondJames007BondJames007 Member New Car Smell
Hello from Germany. In my first Career with Williams on XboxOne I had many issues which i wanted to list here:
[UPDATE]
1. Safety Car almost never comes out, even if the car stands directly next to the circuit.
2. I did a race in the Rain in Canada and I was two laps faster then my team mate on difficulty 105. Thats very unrealistic. In the dry my team mate is nearly as fast as me. 
3. Departing parts of the car simply go through the car in the case of a damage, you can only see this in the review mode.
4. The driver dislocates his hand at the pit exit, when he turn off the pit limiter.
5. The level of difficulty is inconsistent. Too easy at some tracks but too difficult on other tracks.
6. Stroll, Sirotkin and other drivers are much too slow, even if they would have the best car in the field, they would be 16th or worse.
7. The qualifying sim program is too difficult.
8. The traffic lights in the box and other things only get sharp after several seconds, (Livery from the cars in review, tyre blankets etc.)
9. In the wet you are much faster then the other cars on the same level.
10. Other drivers stops in the wet and drive then on slicks. That destroys the entire race. Same problem as in F12017.

With all the bugs the game is just **** and it does not make fun at all, so i really hope that Codemasters will fix the issues very soon. 70 Euros for nothing. Alonso would say: "It´s a joke."

Post edited by BondJames007 on
Tagged:

Comments

• GungnerGungner Member New Car Smell
    I have not experienced any of the problems you are referring to... 
    So I don't think the game is **** at all. 
    Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso
  • BondJames007BondJames007 Member New Car Smell
    Hello, which console? I play on XboxOne.
    I'm on Playstation 4... Don't know if the glitches are X-Box specific
  • mattias333mattias333 Member New Car Smell
    No issues with anything mentioned there on my ps4 career. Extremely happy with the game personally. 

My only negatives are mainly cosmetic things like same podium an pit lane cut scenes used for like the 100th year running. Just freshen that up a little Codemasters come on. As far as the game. Superb. 
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    A lot of people are saying about the inconsistent difficulty but ever more the aero, chassis and power make a big difference so dependent on your car you will do better on some circuits than others, you should find you are still similar to your teammate though, PS4 it is that way for me, but I can sometimes do a bit better at my favourite tracks, I can push better there as I know the track that much more and enjoy it more, makes a bit of difference.
    A lot of people are saying about the inconsistent difficulty but ever more the aero, chassis and power make a big difference so dependent on your car you will do better on some circuits than others, you should find you are still similar to your teammate though, PS4 it is that way for me, but I can sometimes do a bit better at my favourite tracks, I can push better there as I know the track that much more and enjoy it more, makes a bit of difference.
    Completely agree... I have tracks where I can be certain of a podium finish, and tracks were... well... I want to throw the controller out the window :p 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Gungner said:
    Completely agree... I have tracks where I can be certain of a podium finish, and tracks were... well... I want to throw the controller out the window :p 

Hey man. Can I suggest you buy a wheel? It clamps to the table, and pays for itself in not buying new pads...

/sarcasm
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    I have never used a wheel in a racing game, and I never will :p 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 9
    Whatever works for you, I'm padding at the minute, I can completely relate to the pad throwing. I've had one xbox but...4 elites (two sold after repair) a day one, 4 Mark twos and currently on a Mark 3, as well as two cheapo's  ;)

VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    A pad works very well for me... beside the pain in the thumb and hand after more than five laps :wink:
    I'm just getting old, haha. 
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Wheel Nut
    Hello from Germany. In my first Career with Williams I had many issues which i wanted to list here:

1. Safety Car almost never comes out, even if the car stands directly next to the circuit.
    2. I did a race in the Rain in Canada and I was two laps faster then my team mate on difficulty 105. Thats very unrealistic.
    3. Departing parts of the car simply go through the car in the case of a damage.
    4. The driver dislocates his hand at the pit exit.
    5. The level of difficulty is inconsistent. Too easy at some tracks but too difficult on other tracks.
    6. Stroll, Sirotkin and other drivers are much too slow, even if they would have the best car in the field, they would be 16th or worse.
    8. The traffic lights in the box and other things only get sharp after several seconds, (Livery from the cars in review, tyre blankets etc.)

With all the bugs the game is just **** and it does not make fun at all, so i really hope that Codemasters will fix the issues very soon. 70 Euros for nothing. Alonso would say: "It´s a joke."

My answers to you:
    1. And this is somewhat surprise to you? I mean, when the safety car didn't work, as planned in 2016 and 2017 then how it would work, as planned in 2018? That being said, though, I have had 3 safety car periods on all 3 of career mode races I have done so far.
    2. Or then you're just too fast for your team mate? If the team mate is slower, than you on wet, it doesn't mean, that it would be a "bug". You are just too fast, when compared to your team mate. Next...
    3. This might be bug, or glitch. But as I haven't seen it happening, I can't say anything about this.
    4. Dislocates? Like takes it off from the steering wheel, or what? Because if it's "takes his hands off of steering wheel", then it's meant to do so, even if you would use automatic (eg pit help) pit entry and exit, as the driver needs to turn the speed limiter off, you know? If it's not this, then I can't say anything about this either.
    5. Not a bug, it's just how the AI difficulty is coded. The AI difficulty has been inconsistent on different tracks from 2010, so there's nothing new about this. Not really a surprise, really...
    6. Well, Williams is Williams. And while I don't know how far you are on career mode, I really haven't seen anything of "being too slow". Though, I am on my first season on 4th race at Azerbaijan. So can't really say anything about this.
    7. Again, not a bug. It's just what Codies has coded it to be. It's hard, yes, especially on harder difficulties, but it's not a bug.
    8. Minor graphical glitch, not a bug. But indeed, might be annoying.
    Half of stuff you listed aren't even bugs, but more of glitches, or then oversights from devs. 
    The game is having even bigger issues, than majority of what you listed as "issues" Even, though, I have only seen one bug (the AI cars getting stuck at pit exit, Verstappen was stuck half of the second practice session at China and couldn't get out), but other, than that, the game has ran fine.
    That being said, even though I haven't seen that many bugs/glitches, I can't say, that there wouldn't be any.
    But unfortunately, there will (again) be some bugs and glitches, which won't be patched (fixed) at all before release of F1 2019. 
  • AndrealiAndreali Member New Car Smell
    Hello from Germany. In my first Career with Williams I had many issues which i wanted to list here:

2. I did a race in the Rain in Canada and I was two laps faster then my team mate on difficulty 105. Thats very unrealistic.
    3. Departing parts of the car simply go through the car in the case of a damage.
    4. The driver dislocates his hand at the pit exit.

Hi,
    will just reply cause i had some of ur issues :
    1-got same,VSC is working but when it finishes,car stays there for 1 lap or more ( i thnik in reality they would use VSC and after SC cause car can't be removed fast or due to position)
    2-i got same on dry in Canada 
    3-i have full damage on,never noticed where damaged parts go,maybe just a graphic bug they can fix
    4-never saw that;i just find that back mirrors have a "weird" image quality,not so good for me
    5-yeah,i used 96 all previous races,in Canada with same difficulty it was an easy win
    6-Dunno that,maybe u see them too slow due to bad results and they're not improving
    7-yeah.I mean,while free practices team are always trying to not show their true power but this program needs all ur forces
    8-not checked

I would just know if all my R&D (so car upgrades) ar eused on teammate too.Looks like i got too fast after 2 or 3 upgrades.

• Mystery82bMystery82b Member New Car Smell
    edited September 10
    Im from Germany too. Here my bug list from the PC\Steam:

- Rain start in China with dry tires????
    - Collision caused by AI without punishment. In the picture you see clearly that the AI pushes my car from behind and thereby a collision with others is caused.
    - During the Safety Car, the AI only drives in 1st gear. As a result it constantly drives into me. Whereupon I get a 5 sec punishment ???
    Maybe that's why the safety car comes out so rarely, because it's completely full of bugs.
    - When it starts raining, the frame rate drops.

Unfortunately I can't insert any pictures here because the service tells me here:
    Body is 531358 characters too long.

Post edited by Mystery82b on