Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.06 discussion thread.

Patch 1.06 is being released for PC today, PS4 and Xbox One to follow soon (subject to first party approval). You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post anything else not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Thanks all!

Comments

• BULLDOZORBULLDOZOR Member Unleaded
    What do you mean by "Made some adjustments to the AI R&D Progression in Career" ? It mean McLaren and Renault will no longer at the same level as front runner cars in 1 season ? 
  • AnthracisAnthracis Member New Car Smell
    edited September 10
    does the changes in 2018 performance updates affect existing careers? Or will them just fit for newly startet ones.

• HillZeroHillZero Member New Car Smell
    no tire heat fix yet ?  the temputrues are too low for the working range of the tire meaning they overheat too early 
  • KiLLu12258KiLLu12258 Member Unleaded
    no fix for the sound bugs?

• Body is 14 characters too short.

German F1 League
  • urmaw999111urmaw999111 Member New Car Smell
    With the changes being made to DRS zones in the past couple of updates when are you fixing Silverstone when it's moddable it can't be that hard
  • AndrealiAndreali Member New Car Smell
    Faya said:

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.06 discussion thread.

Patch 1.06 is being released for PC today, PS4 and Xbox One to follow soon (subject to first party approval). You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post anything else not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Thanks all!

will this patch work on started career or we need to start new one? 
  • HalukbayHalukbay Member Unleaded
    Fuel calculation bug ??
    Solved or still there?
  • MichaelRacingMichaelRacing Member Unleaded
    edited September 10
    OMG Mclaren's performance has been heavily decreased. 
    I guess this is how it should be :smiley:
    Post edited by MichaelRacing on
  • JupiterJoeJupiterJoe Member Co-Driver
    edited September 10
    danix9210 said:
    Any improvements to the SC? More probability to come out?
    Great patch.  Very happy, but as the gentleman pointed out above, the full Safety-car comes out too rarely.  The use of flashbacks often triggers its deployment, but after some big crashes it's nowhere to be seen.  The game is amazing in so many ways, but it is disappointing that this SC problem remains after a number of years.  Perhaps next year a dedicated beta testing team could be assigned towards solving this long-term issue.
    PC...but not politically correct.
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Wheel Nut
    You are doing a great job, but I am still not playing until the Practice Programs are rebalanced.
  • simon7109simon7109 Member Unleaded
    You are doing a great job, but I am still not playing until the Practice Programs are rebalanced.
    Get good. Or juat lower the difficulty for practice. Problem solved.

On other matters.
    Is the chamges to Force India are just some visual changes or did they get renamed and rebranded like in real life?
    And what about Silverstone DRS zone?
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    PC 1.06

Stuff
    • The missing names in ranked multiplayer is still present - although I did get a 'match' made on 5 laps first time of asking, which has not happened previously. More testing will reveal if this is fixed or still an issue.
    • The multiplayer lobby picks the player you last spectated when you select a car and driver after spectating and waiting to join a session.
    • Car debris is still left on track and not cleared.
    • Cars still spawn in the same grid slot.
    • The cars are still on the rev limiter in spectate mode.
    • If you are in the setup menu at the countdown, the loss of engine audio bug is still present.
    • The 60FPS lock bug is still present, but the ALT-TAB workaround still fixes it.
    This was all spotted in about 10 minutes of playing. 1.1GB of download so it's cosmetic at best. Multiplayer version mismatching is a thing so you must restart the game to update 1.05 to join a 1.06 lobby (not really news to some).

More patching is required.

• ptank20ptank20 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Surely this problem has been rectified by the ability to change the difficulty between the sessions? There are more important bugs and improvements that need to be ironed out.
  • TeenierNeilb69TeenierNeilb69 Member Unleaded

They did say they were on it.

I agree it does put the retesting process under question when you can disprove the claimed fixes yourself within 10mins. They’re clearly not as organised as you. Giz-a-job.

And for anyone new here. I believe the last patch on F1 2017 was around December at v1.13
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    edited September 10

They did say they were on it.

I agree it does put the retesting process under question when you can disprove the claimed fixes yourself within 10mins. They’re clearly not as organised as you. Giz-a-job.

And for anyone new here. I believe the last patch on F1 2017 was around December at v1.13
    It was March, actually.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132381/patch-1-13-discussion-thread/p1
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    edited September 10
    'Every artist was first an amateur' does unlock as per the patch notes :)
    The leaderboards show scores in the Steam client whether they are Friends or Global. In game they are times, so they're pretty useless. This is the first time I've looked outside the game, not particularly high profile and hard to find, but broken nonetheless.

• BondJames007BondJames007 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 10
    No Safety Car fix? I want my money back. The game is a pure disappointment,.
  • woodyinho44woodyinho44 Member New Car Smell
    PC 1.06

Stuff
    • The missing names in ranked multiplayer is still present - although I did get a 'match' made on 5 laps first time of asking, which has not happened previously. More testing will reveal if this is fixed or still an issue.
    • The multiplayer lobby picks the player you last spectated when you select a car and driver after spectating and waiting to join a session.
    • Car debris is still left on track and not cleared.
    • Cars still spawn in the same grid slot.
    • The cars are still on the rev limiter in spectate mode.
    • If you are in the setup menu at the countdown, the loss of engine audio bug is still present.
    • The 60FPS lock bug is still present, but the ALT-TAB workaround still fixes it.
    This was all spotted in about 10 minutes of playing. 1.1GB of download so it's cosmetic at best. Multiplayer version mismatching is a thing so you must restart the game to update 1.05 to join a 1.06 lobby (not really news to some).

its a joke.  people waiting and its a joke

• RemialonsoRemialonso Member New Car Smell
    le SAFETY CAR ne sort jamais ce jeux et cassés jusqu'au os! Faite quelque chose sur cela avant que je vous attaque sur les publicités mensongères!