Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

USA braking boards

lewislockinglewislocking Member New Car Smell
I don’t know why the braking boards have been adjusted but turn 1 and turn 12 at USA are really bad. The braking board for turn 1 is so far to the right you cannot see it and just have to guess. I didn’t actually know there was one until i went on time trial and stopped to have a look.
Turn 12 it’s like they have been pulled backwards, the braking zone was at the 100m board like most heavy braking zones but the gap between the 50m board and the apex of turn 12 is around 100m. I can adjust and brake at the 50m board but it’s just not right it just be alot further back. 
Obviously i don’t run the racing line so just wondered if anyone else struggles with these corners?
Tagged:

Comments

• lilfurballilfurbal Member New Car Smell
    Yes, I do struggle with turns on this course.  Seems the turn 1 distance signs are on the other side of a fence well off to the right side, they are totally useless.  I'm guessing that's how it is in real life, which is a poor design choice, especially considering how blind that first turn is.  
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew

Looks like they are very poor sighting in RL. Makes for the added challenge ;)
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 10
    You get to see brake marker boards? There's hardly ever a 100m board anywhere. Try hard racing line users often deliberately wipe them all out.

I hated Baku marker boards for turn 1. Wish text was bigger
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 10
    FRACTURED said:
    You get to see brake marker boards? There's hardly ever a 100m board anywhere. Try hard racing line users often deliberately wipe them all out.

Hate when that happens, I always try to find as much as possible other references. For Baku turn 1 the kerb  on the right is my reference point, I never even noticed there were maker boards there.
  • lewislockinglewislocking Member New Car Smell
    Good to hear but doubt they’ll make any changes. Just makes you wonder why they were changed in the first place.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    Yeah was actually doing some TT there and can’t see the brake markers at all for T1 was using the black box as my braking point.

find it a bit annoying actually
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    FRACTURED said:

Hate when that happens, I always try to find as much as possible other references. For Baku turn 1 the kerb  on the right is my reference point, I never even noticed there were maker boards there.
    One shot qually at baku was really killing me first week, start lap, stand on brakes, 50m late. Its so fast lol
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.