Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[XBOX ONE] Logitech g920 "wheel centering spring"

OG XBOX.

I've noticed that there doesn't appear to be any wheel centering force in game. First time using wheel with codies F1 game. 

Downloaded all the software, updated firmware. 

Everything FFB, all settings, standard g920 profile except 270 rotation and 50 linearity on wheel so I could turn at low speed. No deadzones or saturation changes. All pedals sta Dard and work fine. 

I have tried playing with the profiler on PC and saving to the wheels default profile. On the PC, in the logitech apps menu there is wheel centering which I have turned on with a force of 50. On desktop the wheel centering forces apply. On xbox in menus before starting f1 there is wheel centering. Once I start f1 2018 game its gone. The wheel in F1 2018 is limp in menu, no menu centering force like pcars. It only activates once on track and is completely limp until the 5 red lights go out on 'flying lap option' 

Jumped into calibration but there are a very few things to change. Absolute bare basics of settings compared to what I remember in other games. Is there an additional settings menu somewhere where I need to activate this on f1??? I just want that nice 'return to center' feeling I am used to. Otherwise wheel works well now for FFB when cornering etc, just feels dead in straight line about the middle. 
VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Tried turning it all off, default wheel, default profile but still can't get the feeling I am looking for.

Don't want to bump but I know codies will ignore otherwise. Anyone else use this wheel on xbox?

• FayaFaya Member admin

Hi Fractured,

We don’t have a centering force for the wheel, all of the feedback is coming straight from the in-game physics instead. Our Senior Car Handling dev has suggested that you go for 360 degrees and 0 linearity, to see what that feels like?

Would you be able to post your other force feedback settings? Do any other fellow wheel users have any advice about how they’ve configured their set-ups?  

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Faya said:

Hi Fractured,

We don’t have a centering force for the wheel, all of the feedback is coming straight from the in-game physics instead. Our Senior Car Handling dev has suggested that you go for 360 degrees and 0 linearity, to see what that feels like?

Would you be able to post your other force feedback settings? Do any other fellow wheel users have any advice about how they’ve configured their set-ups?  

360 and 0 linearity, is what it starts out with as standard, so have tried that already, yes. With 360 rotation and 0 linearity, cannot get full lock at low speed, and still the wheel has no centering. 

All other force feedback settings are what the game had initially loaded itself, I didn't change those at all.

I'm going to try a different option I've seen in the profiler that disallows other games and app's from overwriting some of the wheel settings. If that doesn't work, I guess I still have time to refund it. 

Thanks anyways.