Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Some f1 classic cars have horrible sound glitch F12018

BallockBallock Member New Car Smell
So I tried to play a classic car season but couldn't get through one race because of what I would describe as white noise following the revs and up and down shifts. When the AI is controlling the car (on the out lap in quali) there is nothing but as soon as I was given control it was unbearable. Have experienced this with three cars so far: The BMW willams, the Ferrari 2004 and the renault 2006. Is it just me or is it the way it is supposed to sound(because that would really suck)

Comments

• Kimmo77Kimmo77 Member New Car Smell
    Ferrari 2007 also have this weard sound. Hope they fix that
  • fifi25fifi25 Member Wheel Nut
    Really wish they'll fix that. It ruins the classical cars experience. 
  • issueskidissueskid Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    This is a traction control bug, the sound you are hearing is the traction control kicking in. Unfortunately it's also triggering on upshifts and there's no easy way to fix this.
  • Aaa1981Aaa1981 Member New Car Smell
    What does traction control have to do with it ? Even if you turn it off in the game settings ,nothing changes in terms of sound . Well if it is difficult to fix , hats off to the developers )) I have nothing to add

• BallockBallock Member New Car Smell
    issueskid said:
    This is a traction control bug, the sound you are hearing is the traction control kicking in. Unfortunately it's also triggering on upshifts and there's no easy way to fix this.
    So this won't get fixed? If so that sucks it totally ruins classic cars for me.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 12
    Aaa1981 said:
    What does traction control have to do with it ? Even if you turn it off in the game settings ,nothing changes in terms of sound . Well if it is difficult to fix , hats off to the developers )) I have nothing to add

Some classic cars had built-in traction control in real life, so if you turn it off in the game settings these cars will still have their own TC.
    Aaa1981 said:

Some classic cars had built-in traction control in real life, so if you turn it off in the game settings these cars will still have their own TC.
    I've been looking at formula 1 for 20 years, and I know every detail! Are you going to tell me something ?)) So classic cars do not sound !!! This is a bug of the game ! I've already dropped off a video to compare how classic cars sounded great in F1 2017 . watch from 4 minutes, and see what they did with the sound in F1 2018 . Well, who was engaged in classic cars, you need to immediately dismiss this Amateur, and testers, too . And do not let any of the creation of auto simulators

• WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 12
    Aaa1981 said:
    Aaa1981 said:

I've been looking at formula 1 for 20 years, and I know every detail! Are you going to tell me something ?)) So classic cars do not sound !!! This is a bug of the game ! I've already dropped off a video to compare how classic cars sounded great in F1 2017 . watch from 4 minutes, and see what they did with the sound in F1 2018 . Well, who was engaged in classic cars, you need to immediately dismiss this Amateur, and testers, too . And do not let any of the creation of auto simulators

Right, I'll assume you misunderstood what I was saying, I simply answered your question about how TC can have anything to do with it even though you had it off in the settings. The bug is that the *built-in* Traction Control of the car is making this sound on every gear change, so that's why. It shouldn't be there and is indeed a bug, like issueskid already explained.
    Aaa1981 said:
    Aaa1981 said:

Right, I'll assume you misunderstood what I was saying, I simply answered your question about how TC can have anything to do with it even though you had it off in the settings. The bug is that the *built-in* Traction Control of the car is making this sound on every gear change, so that's why. It shouldn't be there and is indeed a bug, like issueskid already explained.
    I use a translator, maybe I misunderstood, they write here that it is very difficult to change , and from this I am shocked !

• issueskidissueskid Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    edited September 12
    You are correct, this is part of the built in traction control.

As posted on some of the other threads:
    I've now submitted a fix for the traction control audio bug that affects some classic cars. I expect this to be in patch 1.7 but no promises as patches are nothing to do with me. Thanks for your patience.
  • BallockBallock Member New Car Smell
    issueskid said:

I've now submitted a fix for the traction control audio bug that affects some classic cars. I expect this to be in patch 1.7 but no promises as patches are nothing to do with me. Thanks for your patience.
    That's awesome. Thanks for replying and acknowledging the issue 
  • Keko55Keko55 Member New Car Smell
    issueskid said:

¡Thank you! Congratulations for the realism achieved with the sounds of this year's cars. Incredible improvement over last year. Greetings from Andalucia (Spain).