Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Weather in career

how is everyone finding the weather in career mode? im in monza now and all season have had 1 wet session nothing else, would love some variety and a different challenge of changing conditions in the race

Comments

• tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    People weather experience has been the same for years and CM haven’t changed anything. It’s just average chance of rain. Some get more than others. Luck of the draw and I too like it. 
  • FrostysportFrostysport Member New Car Smell
    For me the weather seem absolutely fine. I have the session maybe 2 per weekend but it seams fine to me.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    I have had a couple of full wet,a fair amount of transitional races and 2 damp track races so I a happy with that. I do enjoy the weather system this year.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • RudigodoidoRudigodoido Member New Car Smell
    My career had a lot of rain races! 
    Is rare a weekend without one rain session
  • Dez0808Dez0808 Member Pit Crew
    Up to Spain and not a single drop of rain apart from the last 5 mins of fp1 (50% races) . Wasn't enough to need wets. 
  • milookmilook Member Unleaded
    I'm absolutely sick of rain. Every weekend has had at least 2 sessions of rain in my career mode .it makes things horrendous trying to complete the practice programmes and messes up set up testing and whatnot . Every. Single .weekend .(except Bahrain) 
  • oSlickk0oSlickk0 Member New Car Smell
    I have had a wet FP1 for 5 race weekends in a row now... Overall, I think I've only had 3 fully dry weekends and I'm at Hungary...
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    Lol DRS test in heavy rain.. Luckily always had a dry P2 if heavy rain P1
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • KrazyKlutt1KrazyKlutt1 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 12
    Another patch and no option to choose weather in career or championship mode. Hilarious since weather probability is broken. 
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    Another patch and no option to choose weather in career or championship mode. Hilarious since weather probability is broken. 
    Why do you think it’s broken? I never had any problems with the weather in 2017 or 2018. Maybe you have only bad luck with randomness. 
    Akkan74 said:
    Why do you think it’s broken? I never had any problems with the weather in 2017 or 2018. Maybe you have only bad luck with randomness. 
    Because I have done over 20 championship simulations and there is no major variance in the weather, approximately 5% variance of 20 seasons. Wet weather probability is around 32-36%. 

And since Codemasters haven't done a single reply makes sense, since they know that it's way too high. 
    Akkan74 said:
    Because I have done over 20 championship simulations and there is no major variance in the weather, approximately 5% variance of 20 seasons. Wet weather probability is around 32-36%. 

And since Codemasters haven't done a single reply makes sense, since they know that it's way too high. 
    And what i told you is, thats your calculation which doesn’t mean it’s broken. There are enough player which had one wet race after ten races. Thats 10%. 
    Look at the season from Aarava or Tiametmarduk on youtube. There is no much rain. 
    Why should a game patched, because you only think it’s broken?
    I started the career four times and everytime the weather situation is different for the first races. Seem like random weather still works fine. 
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    Too dry, too wet... Has anyone actually gone through 10 seasons yet and have all of them been too wet or dry? I sound like a broken record but again an issue that isn't an issue.. 
    Akkan74 said:
    Akkan74 said:

And what i told you is, thats your calculation which doesn’t mean it’s broken. There are enough player which had one wet race after ten races. Thats 10%. 
    Look at the season from Aarava or Tiametmarduk on youtube. There is no much rain. 
    Why should a game patched, because you only think it’s broken?
    I started the career four times and everytime the weather situation is different for the first races. Seem like random weather still works fine. 
    The Tia t-cam guy did short races, can't really compare to my 100% races stats. But he had 5/21 wet races, and just add 2 more that have rain after 50% distance and that add up to 33% wet. 
    Too dry, too wet... Has anyone actually gone through 10 seasons yet and have all of them been too wet or dry? I sound like a broken record but again an issue that isn't an issue.. 
    See my reply, I have done a test of 20 seasons   
    Yes you have done 20 seasons but you are one guy compared to thousands of players. Great statistics. 
    I never felt the weather system is broken, but maybe your meaning counts more because you are doing 100% races and use cockpit cam. 
    Akkan74 said:
    Yes you have done 20 seasons but you are one guy compared to thousands of players. Great statistics. 
    I never felt the weather system is broken, but maybe your meaning counts more because you are doing 100% races and use cockpit cam. 
    Yes I am one of a few thousands, but neither you or I have their stats. 
    Yeah I agree, maybe my meaning counts more since I do 100% races and cockpit cam. 
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    It is strange that there's no option for manual weather in career mode.

I haven't really had that much rain in my career mode yet but that doesn't really mean anything. It kind of hits in spurts and I end up having a season that is just almost completely rained on.