Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Multiplayer- Safety Rating

Why does my safety rating take a huge hit when other drivers PURPOSEFULLY drive right into me or drive me off the track? I had an A safety rating before newest patch. Now I'm at a C or D after only a handful of races. I try to race with utmost fairness, always being respectful of other racers, and it is so disheartening that there are people out there deliberately trying to punt you out of the race. Why are there no safeguards in place to stop this behavior, and why are innocent drivers like me being punished? Now when I show up in a lobby I'm more than a little embarrassed by the safety rating, and I'm sure the other drivers are thinking I'm gonna screw up their race, but I'm just trying to race fair and clean. Couldn't the developers just have a system in place that could detect when a driver deliberately causes a crash, and then punish that driver and not the other? Or maybe have a computer controlled steward system in place to assess fault? There has got to be a better way...

Comments

• jeffsafcajeffsafca Member New Car Smell
    Same with me, i was a B rating and i droppes almost to a D rating just because of other people are driving in to me! I also just had a clean race, didn’t hit anyone, no one hit me, didn’t cut any corner or anything else and my safety rating dropped with 5%, how is this possible?
    One more thing to add, can you guys make sure that you can’t be hit by a car that is one lap behind, some drivers are just waiting to crash into other racers
  • reignmeisterreignmeister Member New Car Smell
    edited September 13
    After reading some other posts, it looks like corner cutting is affecting the safety rating as well. I must admit, I was getting warnings and maybe even a time penalty at Spa in the second part of Eau Rouge (Radillion actually). That being said, I haven't had one race so far where there wasn't a driver that didn't deliberately crash into someone else. It's ridiculous. I think the safety rating is a great idea, but right now I'm questioning whether it will have the desired effect. I usually just do hotlaps and maybe a career mode here or there because I've always been hesitant to join online public races for this very reason. With the implementation of the safety rating, I thought I'd give F1 multiplayer another chance. Seeing my safety rating drop every single race, when I'm being careful, is disappointing. I really hope this trends in the right direction, and we get cleaner racing as time goes by. 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Don't think they have ever managed to code in a way of recognizing that the driver who has ploughed into another should be the only one getting a penalty. I don't get it.

Some of the easiest should be for ridiculous closing speeds, or driving slow in a sector waiting for leaders.

If laps time goes above xx.xx.xx car is ghosted.

I'm fairly sure in an earlier game, if I tried to come from ludicrously far back and I was travelling too fast to make a turn, I would ghost as I got close. 
    Let's have that back too. 

VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    You’d imagine it would be a pretty difficult thing to code in all fairness. 

My my guess is it won’t really work as intended until the end of this game or the next.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Team Principal
    I think that if you go a lap down you get auto dsq because let’s face it if you can’t stay on the lead lap then ranked really shouldn’t be the place for you,so anyone that is a lap down is so by design so auto dsq would wipe that out.
  • Javi2272Javi2272 Member New Car Smell
    Yo no sé quién creó las sanciones en el juego pero deberían despadirlo y meter a alguien que entienda de F1 ..es una vergüenza año tras año no se puede jugar online porque hay gente que se dedica a molestar y encima de chocarte te sancionan a ti..menuda ****!! 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    JR6492 said:

My my guess is it won’t really work as intended until the end of this game or the next.

How many more years do they need. Next year is their tenth. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    FRACTURED said:
    JR6492 said:

How many more years do they need. Next year is their tenth. 
    I don’t know. But having played a good few of their previous f1 entries (7 I believe) I just can’t really see it being done.. pessimistic yes but more than likely a reality.

no real point getting annoyed at it. F1 is a bit of a niche market in general personally I only know a handful of people who watch it so I’d imagine in terms of the gaming market it’s the same. So it’ll never be a game that will be as polished as a triple A. Problem is that with F1 an unfortunate broken wing or a penalty it can ruin a race. They’re trying atleast I suppose?

• reignmeisterreignmeister Member New Car Smell
    edited September 14
    Codemasters have done a great job with the game. Excellent representation of F1. I'm strictly speaking of the very black and white instances of intentionally crashing into or ruining another driver's race. There is a difference between that and simply losing the car because of lack of grip or an ambitious late-braking maneuver. Racing at the limit should be encouraged and rewarded, even where it goes wrong. 

Online multiplayer, on console, is a tricky thing to get right. It's not up to the level of iRacing or other PC sims, but then, it shouldn't be. It's enough that it is accessible to almost anyone, and it has the ability to spark interest in casual fans. It doesn't have to be a professional racing sim. If Codemasters did not want players to take it seriously, then they shouldn't have included a safety rating or ranked matches. Maybe there is a large percentage of the population that prefers their racing in the form of demolition derby type, survival of the fittest contests. That is their right. I believe that Codemasters is on the right track. However, a few tweaks are still needed to meet the expectations of it's users. 
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Unleaded
    Still at safety rating S. Dipped to A for a few races then back to S. Been punted off and rammed a few times but I guess some players have been unfortunate with idiots occupying their races which isn't fair. 
    Tried it again tonight and the race where I cutted one corner my rating did go up by 30%, the next race without any mistake it stayed the same and after another clean race my rating dropped by 4% again, these ratings make absolutely no sense to me, I hope this is solved in the next update, otherwise it is impossible to get the trophy A rating 
  • PilskePilske Member New Car Smell

https://xboxclips.com/APS%20Pilske/5e3c1f64-7f40-44ed-a68a-e271fa05f30e/embed

No warnings No corner cutting, No collisions, went from p2 to p1, safety rating dropped **** codemasters!!!

Explain that @Faya

• OgeenockOgeenock Member New Car Smell
    I have the same problem. I have been racing clean all evening, no increase in safety rating, and suddenly, when i gt one warning, i get a decrease in safety rating. And also, when people brake before the racing line into turn one, i accidentally hit them, i also get a warning and decrease in safety rating. Also, when accidents happen without it being your fault, you lose any chance of improving your safety rating, for the rest of the race. It seems like it's not based of how you race other players, but also how they race you. I am now down to a D rating, just being victim of other peoples errors. I also need to know, why are corner cutting rules so strict? You eat some curb, warning, safety rating dropped. It's rediculous. I definetly should not be a D-rated player. I should be a C or B rated player. I really need to have it reset, as it is near impossible to recover from a D-rating, as you get matched with idiots who inflict penalties on you. Codemasters need to fix their system, badly.
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Unleaded
    I'll just leave this here 😊

No problems here!