Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 WinestAuto singapore Gp ok

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
im in hospitality at mclaren motorhome  this weekend, just remember im here and youre not.

and if anyone says otherwis then  your jealous. im 42, lived in singapore my whole life ok

looking forward to race, but i will enjoy it more because im here and u not ok

MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Lol that dude was hilarious wasnt he.

My mate is actually at the race though.

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    Alonso podium, you heard it here first.        
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Is Vettel cracking?                     

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE TO HAMILTON

TED, DOWN TO YOU
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion

Lukedfrt said:
    With another lightning start like 2017, who knows? Maybe Vettel can help him out by taking himself and a few others with him into T1 again? :D
    Wow, that was pure fire from Hamilton! I won't know the result of the race until I get back from Silverstone tomorrow night, but im looking forward to it.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Well, that was a shock! No one was getting near that, but I fear Merc might have tyre temp issues tomorrow. Verstappen could win this.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    Hamilton just might've done the best qualifying lap of all time. It says enough that Max absolutely killed everybody else in his lap and he's still three tenths off from Hamilton.

A lap like that can mentally break any man. I don't care who you support, you must admit that Lewis Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time after that. That  is absolutely mind-shattering.
    Never before have I let out an audible 'what. the. ****' at a qualifying lap before, but that changed today.

I couldn't believe it when Hamilton did a 1:36.0! Incredible. Hope we get a good fight between Hamilton, Verstappen and Vettel!
    It was so special, as he proved when he tried to hook up another lap. There's so many corners at Singapore and he managed to nail every single one of them. 

My only fear is read tyre temps in the race, because the Mercs had to go slow in the warm-up lap whereas Ferrari were fine.

I love getting home from BTCC and then watching F1, I always book Monday off because I'm dead the next day. 
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    edited September 15
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    Verstappen won't be taking any prisoners into T1 tomorrow. I wonder if Hamilton would fight or just let him by and focus on Vettel? Always interesting when Max gets in the mix. 

| 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    fIsince08 said:
    Perez bordering on a black flag for me! 
    My personal opinion would be that black flag should be reserved for only really major accidents. Both of the collisions could have easily been just him doing stupid mistakes. Sometimes that just happens. We have all had stupid mistakes after each other :)
    edited September 16
    Was it a mistake or was it on purpose though? That's not the normal line for that corner.

• UP100UP100 Member Petrol Head
    AMS97KRR said:
    Was it a mistake or was it on purpose though? That's not the normal line for that corner.
    If you're talking about Sirotkin v Perez incident, I think Perez was just frustrated and wanted to force Sirotkin into the most inside line possible. I'm still quite sure he didn't want to hit him. It's like Webber v Vettel in 2010 where the one on the inside line was turning back to the normal racing line and the other one didn't move, causing a collision. Quite stupid anyways.
    Had a long day out at the BTCC so I've only watched the 6 minute highlights on YouTube, which skipped from like Lap 1 > Lap 15 > Lap 18 > Lap 35 > Lap 45 > Finish!

Seems like it was on the whole a bit of a non-event with the top six finishing as they were (apart from some master strategy by Red Bull to get Verstappen back ahead).

I see Perez is getting a lot of heat for his incidents. I think the start crash was genuinely a racing incident and I believe Perez when he says he just didn't see Ocon on the outside. But the Sirotkin one... yeah, that wasn't cool. Don't think it was blag flag worthy, but still definitely deserving of a penalty.
    edited September 17
    Too posh to meet us then Matt, they don't let the riff-raff into the BRDC stand. I think @RevolvingPrawn and I did see you leave though, as a helicopter took off :p

I got back just before 11pm and watched the whole race.
    Perez move on the Williams was 100% On purpose as he was angry because he couldn't get past, drive through wasn't a big enough punishment imo.

Vettel was pretty poor today. Yes he got jumped in the pits, but he had no pace during the race. That was one of Hamilton's easier wins, it only came under threat when lapping cars.
    To be honest Vettel didn't have much of a chance to show his pace. In the first part of the race the top guys were all conserving tyres, then Ferrari pulled out another strategy masterclass and put him on the US behind Perez and ultimately because of this he had to conserve his tyres which dropped off a cliff anyway. But this race should prove that the Ferrari isn't quite as fast as people have been led to believe, Mercedes have done a great job to get that car working in Singapore and in the hands of Hamilton it's difficult to beat.

Ferrari are a joke of a team when it comes to strategy calls. It wouldn't matter if Vettel hadn't bottled Germany and France, the team would have thrown it away somehow, which would have been even worse than the current situation IMO. I thought what Martin Brundle wrote on Vettel & Ferrari was interesting. Link for those who missed it: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32420/11490197/why-ferrari-must-share-blame-for-sebastian-vettels-mistakes 

And Bottas, what an embarrassment, Hamilton cruises to a win with pace in hand and he can't even close down Vettel on dead tyres or even a God damn Renault...Just give the seat to Ocon or Russell already.

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    Lukedfrt said:
    Well he effectively won, considering Mercedes, Ferrari & Red Bull may as well be in a different series haha.
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14