Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Rally is better than Dirt 4...

StoryteIIerStoryteIIer Member New Car Smell
I do not think that the graphics are the most important part of the game but ...
In the Dirt Rally I liked the graphics.
And I did not expect that in the next game she will be worse ...
She should have been at least not worse!
And then I start the race and what I see...
Trees, shrubs, grass and earth all merge into an incomprehensible homogeneous mass of green(
The leaves of the trees look like colored spots!
No, seriously...
Dirt Rally was more contrasting and more beautiful.
I could not stop to consider the environment so returned the money.
It is much more pleasant to play the previous version.
In Dirt 4 only models of people are better.
It would have been cool to move them to Dirt Rally)))
Hopefully the next part will finally improve the visual part of the game.

Comments

• Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    That's the hottest take of the millenium.
  • AIPacinoAIPacino Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 6
    You didnt miss on anything, dont worry. DiRT4 physics were a mess.

Get ready for DiRT Rally 2.0
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    edited November 8
    Dirt 4 uses animated 2D (!) objects only for grass, all the time facing to your viewpoint (rotating all the time) like DOOM one in the early 90s!

Only use maximum 4 types of trees, all the people looks bad, few polygons, and repeat their animation all the time.
    Very annoying to see the same girl with the horsetail,  all the people is the same 5-6 people repeated with dfferent clothes colors...
    Dirt 4 graphocs is a downgrade,  looks like a mobile game. All the leaves, grass and trees has  a dark outline, very unnatural.
    In Dirt 4 the cabin has no shadows, look at the roof which has the same amount of light than at its bottom. In Dirt Rally  the car body reflects to the sun- and environments lights and produces shadows in the cabin
    Dirt 4 tracks repetitive and boring because unnatural generated all of them

Dirt rally still looks like you drives a car in a real track (because all of them based on real tracks) with real environments and at least twice amount of the amount of types of vegetation, without fckn outlines, no low polygon  'hands up' Forza Horizon party people around the track

I hope Dirt 2 will not use the same driving-in-a-tube system as Dirt 4  and will be many open map (without a chance to be faster with corner cuts)

G
    M
    T
    Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• RacesimfanRacesimfan Member New Car Smell
    edited November 12
    DIRT Rally's physics, FFB and overall handlling and feeling of the cars is far far superior to DIRT 4(although the Rallycross in D4 was closer to DR compared to the rallying in D4). Also your stage doesn't manage to create the same atmosphere like the stages in DR did, even though DR's stages felt repetitive in career mode. However, D4 had a lot of potential: the Dirtfish area is an awesome idea and perfect for getting used to a new car, in rallying, D4 had loads of environmental details f.e. animals crossing the road, camera's flashing at night in areas with a lot of spectators, a drone that nearly chrashes into you right after a jump(especially a big jumpscare at night and is most likely inspired by the fact that IRL a WRC2 car took down a drone in the middle of a jump). There's loads more, but I just wanted to point out that those details are awesome and add masively to the immersion.
    Post edited by Racesimfan on
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    DIRT Rally's physics, FFB and overall handlling and feeling of the cars is far far superior to DIRT 4(although the Rallycross in D4 was closer to DR compared to the rallying in D4). Also your stage doesn't manage to create the same atmosphere like the stages in DR did, even though DR's stages felt repetitive in career mode. However, D4 had a lot of potential: the Dirtfish area is an awesome idea and perfect for getting used to a new car, in rallying, D4 had loads of environmental details f.e. animals crossing the road, camera's flashing at night in areas with a lot of spectators, a drone that nearly chrashes into you right after a jump(especially a big jumpscare at night and is most likely inspired by the fact that IRL a WRC2 car took down a drone in the middle of a jump). There's loads more, but I just wanted to point out that those details are awesome and add masively to the immersion.
    I agree on most points except FFB, I think D4 actually had better FFB than DR. Also rallycross was a lot better in D4. DR had some weird auto-clutch in RX where you would just lose drive when you go too sideways instead of spinning the wheels. 
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • FizzlenogFizzlenog Member New Car Smell
    edited November 15
    Didzis said:
    I agree on most points except FFB, I think D4 actually had better FFB than DR. Also rallycross was a lot better in D4. DR had some weird auto-clutch in RX where you would just lose drive when you go too sideways instead of spinning the wheels. 
    Dirt 4 feedback isn't even close to dirt rally and you can't even adjust the force feedback either. Although you need to adjust dirt rally's force feedback from the start. Now the tarmac feeling in dirt 4 feels about the same as dirt rally maybe a tiny bit better but like I said if you adjust it right in dirt rally it won't be close.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    Fizzlenog said:
    Dirt 4 feedback isn't even close to dirt rally and you can't even adjust the force feedback either. Although you need to adjust dirt rally's force feedback from the start. Now the tarmac feeling in dirt 4 feels about the same as dirt rally maybe a tiny bit better but like I said if you adjust it right in dirt rally it won't be close.
    For you, perhaps. For me it was a lot better with my G27.
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Dirt 4 FFB is tighter(thus better on tarmac) but less detailed than DR imo. 
  • PolarClawPolarClaw Member Unleaded
    Dirt Rally looks better and feels better than D4. Also I like the daily and weekly events.
    And don't forget the most important feature VR, it's so good to drive in the car these wonderful stages.