Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why no text messaging in multiplayer?

I think this is the only online game I've ever played where you cannot message other players. Why? It is beyond ridiculous! I've come across some good drivers I'd at least like to say good race or something like that. Maybe make a few friends. Instead you allow voice communication, including during the race. As said, ridiculous! First thing I do is mute everyone in a lobby. Cmon Codie's, this should not be a feature that needs to be requested. This is the bare bones minimum that should, and is a part of every single multiplayer game I've ever played. 

Comments

• Liverpoolrule19Liverpoolrule19 Member Wheel Nut
    ChivasRx said:
    I think this is the only online game I've ever played where you cannot message other players. Why? It is beyond ridiculous! I've come across some good drivers I'd at least like to say good race or something like that. Maybe make a few friends. Instead you allow voice communication, including during the race. As said, ridiculous! First thing I do is mute everyone in a lobby. Cmon Codie's, this should not be a feature that needs to be requested. This is the bare bones minimum that should, and is a part of every single multiplayer game I've ever played. 
    You can message people but it has to be done through steam, Xbox or psn depending what platform you are on
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Unleaded
    If I come across good drivers I usually add them. You're right about one thing though. It shouldn't be a feature that needs requesting... because it's not needed.... 
  • kobra167kobra167 Member New Car Smell
    Can you imagine the mass amount of hate messages that all the D rank drivers would receive if they enable that? Or anyone that happened to crash into somebody in turn 1 in the race. It would lead to an incredibly toxic environment that would ruin multiplayer than anything else would.  While it would be neat. Voice chat is more than enough for the lobby.
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Unleaded
    kobra167 said:
    Can you imagine the mass amount of hate messages that all the D rank drivers would receive if they enable that? Or anyone that happened to crash into somebody in turn 1 in the race. It would lead to an incredibly toxic environment that would ruin multiplayer than anything else would.  While it would be neat. Voice chat is more than enough for the lobby.
    Spot on
  • Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Pit Crew
    Text chat is NOT required... in any form.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Text chat is NOT required... in any form.
    Could be useful in lobbies to warn or notify like "hey D rank, this lobby for no assists racers, do one". 

I often mute all or setup a party just to not listen to the whistlers
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • dskxalivedskxalive Member New Car Smell
    I really do get people on this forum.... There is literally game breaking issues that Codemasters aren’t fixing and then there’s people wanted chat added to the game.... Christ....