Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Fix corner corner cutting with strict settings...

I am playing the online gamemode and I keep getting warnings because I was "corner cutting". It wasn't the case because I went a little bit wide on the green part on the track. And so my driver license keep going down because of that. FIX IT PLEASE
Tagged:

Comments

• Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Pit Crew
    Stop going wide. 

There ya go fella... fixed.
  • Th1nKTh1nK Member New Car Smell
    Stop going wide. 

There ya go fella... fixed.
    Nah, it's on parts that I was on the green with 1 tyre and then I got an penalty
  • OneSeventyOutOneSeventyOut Member Unleaded
    Someone will probably be able to confirm for definite but I think with strict, if 2 wheels aren't on the black stuff when going around a corner, it counts as corner cutting or exceeding track limits
  • ThunderCats101ThunderCats101 Member Wheel Nut
    How about fix your driving... Christ we called for stricter rules and now people want it "fixed". Unless you've got some video evidence to back up your claim I suggest you spend time in time trial and discover your own racing line. 
  • MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    I think strict corner cutting rules should replicate real life rules. Just look at today, drivers extending the last corner in Singapore
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    edited September 15
    Well its true some corners they take heavy advantage of but under guidelines, there are certain criteria they can meet, if its acceptable to do so.

"Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason".

The reason its good to be strict online is so many take advantage of cutting, that includes going out wide to get a cleaner faster line too so going wide can also be cheating for this reason. All you need to do is go slower or take a different line through those corners you struggle with.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • almafialmafi Member Unleaded
    It´s just stupid, you have to be more careful than any real F1 driver. A little more tolerance would be great. Like curbs etc.
    I am a nice guy. Trust me. Please
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    almafi said:
    It´s just stupid, you have to be more careful than any real F1 driver. A little more tolerance would be great. Like curbs etc.
    Blame the cheats, its only because of them we need such rules in place to begin. It has helped online racing a lot being more strict though, I see much less cutting than I used to. One point it was getting ridiculous!
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Someone will probably be able to confirm for definite but I think with strict, if 2 wheels aren't on the black stuff when going around a corner, it counts as corner cutting or exceeding track limits
    Shouldn't do. FIA rules are that having any part of any tyre on the white line means you're within track limits. That's not how Codemasters used to implement it, but I thought we'd managed to change their mind 2 or 3 years back...
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.