Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What's your Driver Number in F1 2016, 17 & 18?

Thought I shed some positivity in the F1 Codies Community, when real life F1 introduce to have a permanent Number in 2014, I think it's cool that the F1 games can finally let us choose a driver number that gave us personality and character in our Career Modes, so I want to see alot of you people what is your personal number you used in 2016-18 and maybe we can get a huge conversation going? Here's mine to start off:

F1 2016: I went with #74 because personally I wanted #7 which is my favourite number but Kimi Raikkonen took it, and since #77 was taken by Valtteri Bottas as well (Fins always take the best numbers) I went with the number I picked
F1 2017: I decided to change number since #74 didn't really mesh well so I decided to pick #70 since it's basically it's close to my favourite number but by 10x and it fitted so well that I adopted as my personal number for next year's game
F1 2018: Just like last game I picked #70 and from then on I hope no real life drivers in 2019 takes it (hope Lando Norris doesn't take it) or I will have trouble picking again lol
Tagged:

Comments

• moogleslammoogleslam Member Race Steward
    Like you, 7 has always been my number, on my basketball jersey, and in every sim ever, but since I can't have it here, and since 77 is also gone, I went with 70.
    Fun, fair, and clean racing for all skill levels!
  • BluRacer7BluRacer7 Member New Car Smell
    @moogleslam wow really? great minds think alike.  :D 
  • Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Pit Crew
    As you can see from my Avatar, BB are the initials for my tag, so #88 is my number... but Haryanto used it in '16, so I switched to #23 for that game.

#88 for the past 2 games though.
  • TL77TL77 Member Wheel Nut
    Also wanted 77 or 7. Chose 92 for my birthyear. Same number in all the games.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    69 err. No need for reasoning really I'd say. I'm kidding, probably.. 24 has always been a good number for me, would say lucky but I'm not superstitious. Just don't ask me about 13..

Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Generally I pick my numbers at random as I don't have an affinity for on specific number but atm I'm kind of using 40 and 22 a lot. 40mostly because it was my 40th birthday earlier this year and I kind of chose to mark it by using the number in career mode as no on eels was using it in the game and 22 for my more RP'ing avatars which I use for various role playing exercises although my last avatar on F1 2017 had number 53 as her number but again she was more a RP exercise

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• bassserbassser Member Wheel Nut
    17 was always my number in karting, but as Bianchi passed away I needed to take another number. I took the 4, as it's my birth month, as I can't take my birth year, which would be 00. But as modding made it possible, I now have the 17 back on my car, and the JB17 sticker always on my helmet!
    F1 2017 Beta Tester | League Racer | Thrustmaster T500 RS | PC | F1 Gaming since F1 97
    bassser said:
    17 was always my number in karting, but as Bianchi passed away I needed to take another number. I took the 4, as it's my birth month, as I can't take my birth year, which would be 00. But as modding made it possible, I now have the 17 back on my car, and the JB17 sticker always on my helmet!
    Funny when you pick #4 I immediately remind of his teammate Chilton, but yea it's a shame Bianchi passed away and I can understand why Codies don't want to have #17 available so they can honour in his respect. He will be missed, if he hadn't had that accident, he and Leclerc would've been teammates at Ferrari.
  • welshtoastwelshtoast Member New Car Smell
    F1 2016: In F1 2016 I used the number 31 since it was my favourite number.

F1 2017: Didn't play it.

F1 2018: In F1 2018 I use the number 86 because of the term "being 86'd"
  • DelsusDelsus Member New Car Smell
    BluRacer7 said:
    bassser said:
    Funny when you pick #4 I immediately remind of his teammate Chilton, but yea it's a shame Bianchi passed away and I can understand why Codies don't want to have #17 available so they can honour in his respect. He will be missed, if he hadn't had that accident, he and Leclerc would've been teammates at Ferrari.
    It's not just codies, #17 has been retired in Formula 1 completely after he passed away
  • ChummyNoseChummyNose Member New Car Smell
    In both 2016 and 2017 I went with 10 but Gasly took that number this year so I took 22 this year.
  • seVVenseVVen Member New Car Smell
    2016: 10
    2017: 37, because i paid ~37€
    2018: 30, because i paid 30.99€, but 31 was taken by Ocon.
    In both 2016 and 2017 I went with 10 but Gasly took that number this year so I took 22 this year.
    Least you now a Jenson Button ;)
  • TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Pit Crew
    Generally I pick my numbers at random as I don't have an affinity for on specific number but atm I'm kind of using 40 and 22 a lot. 40mostly because it was my 40th birthday earlier this year and I kind of chose to mark it by using the number in career mode as no on eels was using it in the game and 22 for my more RP'ing avatars which I use for various role playing exercises although my last avatar on F1 2017 had number 53 as her number but again she was more a RP exercise
    I actually wondered if you were male or female, I guess that answers it lol
  • KittyFit90KittyFit90 Member Wheel Nut
    88 raced under that number in Karts as a girl and just kept it up, bit like Hamilton with his 44.
    I am such a nerd LOL
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Petrol Head
    edited September 21
    47 (my fav fictional characters codename, Hitman) / 91 (my birthyear) / 99 (it's the ninth of my fav number 11) / 10  (the first number i was given in my local football club back in the days, switched it to 11 afterwards)

Post edited by LilBrown47 on
    Take the "Black Pill".....

#NukeHumanity
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    I haven't bothered buying 2018 yet, but I've always picked #13 in previous years.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Not really, it only answers whether they played with a male or female avatar...
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited September 20
    Male actually I just enjoy RP'ing as a female sometimes in RPG's and things and seeing as the last couple of F1 games are kind of half RPG I thought it would be fun.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    For F1 2016 I used nr. 90 as it's my year of birth. From '17 onwards I've used nr. 22, it's my lucky number, but of course it only became available after a certain gent retired from the sport. :)