Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Upgraded to Windows 10? Having trouble with any Codies game? Try This...

Hi all, 

Great to see so many of you already running DiRT Rally (or any Codemasters game) on a shiny new Windows 10 install, just wanted to point out 2 things you need to know.

First one is to back up your save before upgrading, DiRT Rally does support Steam Cloud Saving but we’d hate for you to get caught out if there was a problem with Steam, your internet connection or your PC. 

To back up your save go to this folder on your pc C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<USER NUMBER> then look for the folder called 310560. Right click on it, zip it, then put it on a USB stick or somewhere safe just in case. If you need to restore your save just unzip the folder and put it back in the same place. 

Next up is something which we’ve only noticed a few people suffer from but if you could help spread the word to those affected that would be awesome. It appears that after upgrading to Windows 10 some people can’t launch the game, if this happens to you please follow the following steps: 
  • Right click on “DiRT Rally” in the Steam Library
  • Select “Properties”
  • Select the “Local Files” tab
  • Click on the “Browse Local Files” button
  • Delete the file “drt.exe” from the install directory
  • Click on the Verify Integrity Of Game Cache” button
  • Steam will do its thing and you’ll be good to go.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Comments

• beyondtoolbeyondtool Member New Car Smell
    Yeah I had this problem, after I verified game cache it's working beautifully. Had to do this same thing with many of my steam games.
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member New Car Smell
    I have a problem since i upgrade to Windows 10. When i am playing at Germany the road appears black in some places. I have the latest graphic drivers and in other games work great. Any one have the same problem? Is there a way to correct this? Thanks

The problem persist in the other rallys. The roads and vegetation sometimes stay black. What should i do?
  • DidzisDidzis Member Petrol Head
    The problem persist in the other rallys. The roads and vegetation sometimes stay black. What should i do?
    Do you, by any chance, have advanced blending turned on? And if yes,  try turning it off.
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
    I have it off. But thanks for the advice :)

Didzis said:
    Do you, by any chance, have advanced blending turned on? And if yes,  try turning it off.
    I have it off. I was playing now a stage at night in Greece and some part of the road just become black. I couldn't se a thing. I don't know what the problem is. Thanks for the advice :)

• FloatingGrassFloatingGrass Member Wheel Nut

Didzis said:
    I have it off. I was playing now a stage at night in Greece and some part of the road just become black. I couldn't se a thing. I don't know what the problem is. Thanks for the advice :)

That's when pacenotes come in handy :)
    Expect none and 10/10 times you won't be disappointed.

Didzis said:

That's when pacenotes come in handy :)
    That's true... lol. The problem appear only when i installed Windows 10 with the latest graphic driver for it. But it happens only on Dirt Rally. The other games work great. I don't know what to do :(
  • IHazABoneIHazABone Member New Car Smell
    This sort of fixes the problem for me. However, I had to do it every time I restart. Now, after the World RX (0.600) update, it doesn't do anything at all upon startup. Steam says "launching Dirt Rally" and for a split second, my Steam icon goes green (for in-game) and then it turns blue again and nothing happens. I've tried: 
    • reinstalling
    • verifiying
    • deleting drt.exe
    • running in compatibility modes for Windows 8/7
    • updating drivers/others
    • clean installing all drivers
    • many restarts
    • trying the game on Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon (that ended violently)
    Anything from you guys on this? :(
    Sorry to hear that. My problem continues. I installed older graphic drivers, but still the same. 
    edited August 2015
    I'm having problems with game colours. Sometimes all is black
    My game is now like this. Help needed, please!
    The colours stay black. Roads, Sky, Vegetation, etc...

edited August 2015
    My game is now like this. Help needed, please!
    The colours stay black. Roads, Sky, Vegetation, etc...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204438710783322&set=o.132609796811597&type=1
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Team Principal
    They will need to know what parts you have in your pc. Graphic Card, CPU, Mobo, memory.

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

Thanks.

Graphic Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
    Motherboard: Gigabyte G41-M Combo
    CPU: Quad Core Q6660
    Memory: 4GB
    Sorry but i cannot play the game. All is black. I can't see a thing. Please tell me that you are trying to fix it, cause i love the game and play it everyday. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204438710783322&set=o.132609796811597&type=1

Memory: 4GB
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Dirt rally uses directx12? There are plans on using it?
  • loucarismaloucarisma Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2015
    I too cannot run this game after windows 10 install deleated exe validated files still a no go. deleated the config file still no go.
    Since i've installed Windows 10 that my game is like this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204461499033014&set=pb.1098020642.-2207520000.1439140679.&type=3&theater

Memory: 4GB Corssair
  • ljpunksdadljpunksdad Member New Car Smell
    I have had  to delete my dirt.exe numerous times but following this fixes it each time.  Are waiting for it to do the complete validation? I know it takes a long long time for me.