Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Game crashes when continuing career mode [Xbox][Career]

kareekakareeka Member New Car Smell
So I put more than 15 hours in the game and now I am in Britain.
I made a mid session save, and wanted to retry the practice programme (which is bugged since game launch but I forgot it, and thought that it would work if it is in a finished released game), and as always it crashed me to the homescreen.
since this, everytime I want to continue my career, the game crashes to the homescreen. It starts loading, I can use the options menu, and the pictures of the track appear. Then the screen goes blank with the “Loading” sign in the corner, and exits.
xbox one x, the latest game version. I can do everything else in the game besides this.
If I have to start my career again from the beginning, I will not buy any of your games ever, that is for sure, my time is more
precious for me than that.
the funny thing is that I found a thread about this exact same issue for last year’s game!!! I seriously cannot beleive that you didnt patch this since that...

I restarted my xbox several times, uninstalled then reinstalled the game, uninstalled then reinstalled my saved games, and the game version is 1.07.
Post edited by kareeka on

Comments

• kareekakareeka Member New Car Smell
    So I assume, I can start a new career... thanks for the huge help guys.
    Game version 1.09, and I still cannot continue my game, and still no answer from anybody. This is ridiculous.
    Day 7, and I still cannot play the game.
    Anyone? 
    (Body was 33 characters too short.)
    As I can see, the newest patch won’t fix this issue... seriously guys, seriously?
    So, now I am relaxed, as now I can see that this is a feature, not a bug.
    I was a bit mad that in the summer I couldn't play any new car game, but now, there is the new Forza and F1 2018. But now, thanks to this FEATURE, I can choose which game I would like to play! And I will choose another game next year when it comes to choose between F1 2019 and another game, so THANK YOU CODIES YOU'RE THE BEST! :)
    Can you guess what happened since my last update? Yep, exactly nothing, I still cannot play my game! :) 
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi @kareeka,

I’m sorry for the late response. We are trying to track down the issue that you’ve seen. Could you let us know the following so that we can investigate further. Many thanks,

• Could you let us know which practice programme it was that you created the mid session save in?
    • What had you done before the crash happened?
    • Which Practice Session were you on?
    Could you let us know which practice programme it was that you created the mid session save in?
    - I think I did the tyre saving programme. I remember doing it, as this practice programme is bugged for me 8 out of 10 times. (It shows stupid times that I have to achieve.) I did it, then I tried another practice programme (I don't remember which one, but I believe it was the Quali Sim programme), and tried to restart it, and the game crashed.

What had you done before the crash happened?
    - I did the tyre management programme, I made a mid session save. Then, I tried another practice programme, and I saw that I will fail it, so I hit menu, and selected the Restart practice programme. This function is bugged for me since game launch, as everytime I used it, the game crashed to the home screen, and I had to start the Free Practice from the beginning. But now, since I made a mid-session save, the game wants to load into the middle of the session, not from the beginning, and crashes to the home screen after the loading screen.

Which Practice Session were you on?
    - FP3.

All in all, I believe the "easiest" way to fix this could be that you include an option before the loading screen, when I try to resume my career, to restart the Practice Session from the beginning, and do not load into the middle of the session. That might solve my problem, and I will only lose one Practice Programme, not my whole career.

Thank you.
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Thanks @kareeka! I’ve forwarded the information to the team. Could you also let me know what difficulty setting your are on and do you remember what sort of target times you were being asked to achieve?

Does the game crash while it’s trying to auto-save at all? A PS4 player found a possible workaround for that, although I don’t know if that would work for you as well.

Faya said:

Thanks @kareeka! I’ve forwarded the information to the team. Could you also let me know what difficulty setting your are on and do you remember what sort of target times you were being asked to achieve?

Does the game crash while it’s trying to auto-save at all? A PS4 player found a possible workaround for that, although I don’t know if that would work for you as well.

My difficulty was set to 90, but the times I don't remember.
    The game doesn't crash when it saves or does an autosave, it only crashed when i hit Retry Practice Programme. And now, when I try to resume my career.
    Today I downloaded the latest patch, but obviously nothing’s changed, still cannot play my saved games.
    going back to Forza, and I assume my problem will never be fixed, so I’m glad that I bought the disc version so now I can sell it.