Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Anti-Aliasing: any plans to fix it for 2018?

Loving the game, except for the AA solution. Especially when approaching a corner, I find the temporal instability pretty distracting- I get a lot of aliasing and localized flicker, especially with painted lines on-track. This makes judging corners actually harder than they really should be. 

This problem seems worse than past years. I have TAA and AF maxed out. Any ideas, or plans to fix it?

Comments

• zbstrikez14zbstrikez14 Member New Car Smell
    Got the same issue and I don't seem to be able to force antialising through the nvidia control panel either. It's pretty annoying because I like to drive cockpit cam but the pixelated white lines look horrible close up.
  • Jockel90Jockel90 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah i hoped to have an other option in 2018 before release maybe FXAA or SMAA, because it just blurs stuff and gives me "ghost images" especially the tyres  
  • Tempest261Tempest261 Member Unleaded
    TAA alone is generally not a bad AA method (look at Battlefield V), but it can be hard to implement correctly. F1 2018's implementation certainly seems to have some issues. 
  • PaulusNLPaulusNL Member New Car Smell
    The AA could be alot better. I've skipped F1 2017 and was used to F1 2016 grahpics. Somehow when everything in F1 2018 is set to max/ultra settings it's still blurry and pixelated.

Very hard to spot the cars or objects in front when you want to enter the corners.
    + I got some very weird textures /black triangles on the halo for example:

All ultra, 2560*1080 resolution. patch 1.10, latest nvidia drivers (but it also happens with older nvidia drivers).
  • ognjenlbj23ognjenlbj23 Member New Car Smell
    triangles on halo are because of the nvidia 400 drivers,install 399 and you will not have that black triangles
  • Tempest261Tempest261 Member Unleaded
    Yeah that appears to be a different problem, separate from the TAA bugs. 
  • MrGhostO1OMrGhostO1O Member Co-Driver
    I struggle to see the braking boards on tracks like baku where they are vertical and there is a lot going on around the object itself. Every time I approach a corner the textures become so disgustingsly blurry. I assume it has something to do with the AA, TAA in this case. I've never had any issues like that in other games.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    I struggle to see the braking boards on tracks like baku where they are vertical and there is a lot going on around the object itself. Every time I approach a corner the textures become so disgustingsly blurry. I assume it has something to do with the AA, TAA in this case. I've never had any issues like that in other games.
    Did you turn your texture streaming to 0? That makes everything blurry.

• KiLLu12258KiLLu12258 Member Unleaded
    which is the best AA Setting for best graphic?

German F1 League