Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Keyboard support needed on Xbox One

Have been playing the game now for a couple of weeks and must say to me one of the best in the series. Haven't encountered yet any of the ongoing bugs but that has more to do with what I have played so far. One thing however that I need desperately is the possibility to map more buttons. That's the only way to use all the strategic options and play the game to its full extend. Since Microsoft neglects to implant genuine button support the only possible way at this stage is keyboard support which in turn will make button-box support possible. With the available option to use controller buttons to switch between third party Dashboard apps (SIM Dashboard to name one) the need for keyboard support has become even bigger. This shouldn't be that hard to implement (assumption). I would like to see some forum support on this matter or a clear statement from CM (@Faya) that this is not an option to expect in this game.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

Comments

• Redna1LRedna1L Member New Car Smell
    Totally agree! If Project Cars can do it why no F1?
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Champion
    Am I the only one next to Redna who is suffering from a lack of buttons to map???

1512Marcel

If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

Max Verstappen

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    This is coming, seen Razer are announcing a partnership. How games choose to implement this tho... Who knows
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    Do you have a link? Very interested in anything regarding this subject.

1512Marcel

Max Verstappen

Do you have a link? Very interested in anything regarding this subject.
    https://hypebeast.com/2018/9/microsoft-razer-xbox-one-keyboard-support

I will be eagerly awaiting this. Still don't understand why it's so hard to implement decent button support on the Xbox.

1512Marcel

Max Verstappen

• RobsonDestroyerRobsonDestroyer Member New Car Smell
    edited October 10
    I wouldn't buy Xbox, since one of my favourite games Forza (playing on the demo in store locations)...freezes constantly when loading, and takes ages to start...didn't even mention trying to set all elements of the car parts and abilities (ex:ABS)...I heard the xbox itself has a difficulty in powering on sometimes and the controller being disconnected too and not connecting back again (with full battery juice charged)...maybe you bought kinnect, and that just simply didn't connect well, and you tried to update, and the connection was lost and didn't come back at the restart of all (even when some games just tend to crash...but at least they do revive...It's probably the console, not the game itself)...and after learning about the green screen of death...that could simply give me another light one of a kind epilepsy, not as the one I had after experiencing all of the HDness involved.
    I wouldn't buy Xbox, since one of my favourite games Forza (playing on the demo in store locations)...freezes constantly when loading, and takes ages to start...didn't even mention trying to set all elements of the car parts and abilities (ex:ABS)...I heard the xbox itself has a difficulty in powering on sometimes and the controller being disconnected too and not connecting back again (with full battery juice charged)...maybe you bought kinnect, and that just simply didn't connect well, and you tried to update, and the connection was lost and didn't come back at the restart of all (even when some games just tend to crash...but at least they do revive...It's probably the console, not the game itself)...and after learning about the green screen of death...that could simply give me another light one of a kind epilepsy, not as the one I had after experiencing all of the HDness involved.
    So glad to see another soulmate here who loves his Xbox and so happy with all the extra information based upon the Xbox360. 

1512Marcel

Max Verstappen

• koppieokoppieo Member New Car Smell
    I would also like to see keyboard support for F1 2018, like it is now already availible in PC2. I myself have hooked up a USB keybord to my Xbox One S and can adress any key in Project Cars 2.
    But I think that is because PC2 commands are chosen differently from F1 2018. F.i. how to select the Traction Control:
    In PC2 you only need one button which switches from full to low and to off and than again to full - low - off etc. So the kind of TC you want is determined by hitting the key 1, 2 or 3 times. 
    But in F1 slide from left to right and than back to left to get the sort of TC you want.

But anyway you can definitly attatch a USB keyboard to a Xbox One. I did!
    And it's also handy for messages, for typing a name of a setting or to surf through the xbox one menu (which pops up when I hit the win-key) with the cursor keys or the tab key.
    @Faya @hoo

So Keyboard support was added for Xbox today, initially for Fortnite and A.N.Other (Warframe?)

12 More games coming soon,

Any chance that Codemasters can add Keyboard support in future, so that people can use their custom button boxes or a keyboard with the game for extra button mapping?

edited November 16
    Would like to see some comment on this from Codemasters. Would make a lot of die hard racers very happy I suppose. Thanks for mentioning this Fractured

1512Marcel

Max Verstappen

I forgot about it until one of the youtubers was covering the razer products. They are designing new stuff. Corsair already has lapboard/mice combos that are fully supported.

Will be cool for guys who have made or purchased button boxes and have an xbox.

What troubles me is that it seems to me that devs need to do something to make it work in game. That surprises me.

1512Marcel

Max Verstappen

Because certain games didn't want it. Don't think PUBG were going to allow it as it could skew the leader boards and they had spent time trying to identify xim