Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Comments

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Petrol Head
    tbtstt said:
    Oooh, when you guys hear some of the other cars in the GT class, ooooh, yeah  B)
    The first car that pops into my head when I think about GT cars and rallying is the Prodrive Aston Martin from a few years ago (think it was a Vantage but not 100% certain) 
    Lotus Exige R-GT (2012 Ypres Rally)

Fiat Abarth 124 R-GT (2018 Barum Rally)

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    sqdstr said:
    tbtstt said:
    Oooh, when you guys hear some of the other cars in the GT class, ooooh, yeah  B)
    The first car that pops into my head when I think about GT cars and rallying is the Prodrive Aston Martin from a few years ago (think it was a Vantage but not 100% certain) 
    Lotus Exige R-GT (2012 Ypres Rally)

That looks AWESOME

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Prodrive have their fingers in everything, if we got an Aston, I'd be over the moon :)
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2018
    I just want to know if any of the testers spotted a certain car, in the R5 class, whose constructor likes to paint it in white, green and black.
    Now that you talk about it, I think they removed their lifestyle article bashing DiRT from their website. Who knows?
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    I just want to know if any of the testers spotted a certain car, in the R5 class, whose constructor likes to paint it in white, green and black.
    No such thing has been seen... Sadly
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    edited October 2018
    We haven't tested anything new, all the cars we've used were in D4 so we're in the dark as much as everyone else regards to what cars will be included!
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    We haven't tested anything new, all the cars we've used were in D4 so we're in the dark as much as everyone else regards to what cars will be included!
    I might know something about something. Who knows  o:)
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    bogani said:
    I might know something about something. Who knows  o:)
    Have I missed something? xD
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    In the DiRT Show from today they confirmed Supercars, RX2, Super 1600 and Crosskarts for Rallycross. 
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
  • ShoSebastianShoSebastian Member New Car Smell
    JorritVD said:
    In the DiRT Show from today they confirmed Supercars, RX2, Super 1600 and Crosskarts for Rallycross. 
    Oh God. I'm gonna die over and over again in crosskarts.
    JorritVD said:
    Yeah. No mention of Group B rallycross cars though. Interesting that the line about Supercars wrapped up with "other new cars". Fingers crossed for the Megane!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Hmm, there were 7 Supercars in DiRT 4.
    - Likely 5-6 are going to return (Fiesta Mk7, 208, DS3, Marklund Polo, Ibiza, Focus RS)
    - One is likely not to return (MINI Countryman)

Based on the DiRT Show, the GroupB not return. Next to that Landrush not returns. So with the Countryman not return, that makes up about 8 spots for new cars. 

If you check my RX Supercars list i posted earlier:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/358400/#Comment_358400
    - Than two spots go to the Audi S1 and Polo R.
    - The other 6 spots could go to the Fiesta MK8, MINI, I20, Megane, Beetle and Impreza. 

Maybe optimistic from me, but I don't think unrealistic. 

Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
    edited October 2018
    JorritVD said:
    - The other 6 spots could go to the Fiesta MK8, MINI, I20, Megane, Beetle and Impreza. 

The GR Impreza and MINI Countryman have had no part in the 2018 World RX season, so I'd be surprised to see them in (but not unrealistic to think they might make it!)

Would think the Ibiza would be more likely than the Impreza or MINI as that's been used this year. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    edited October 2018
    bogani said:
    No such thing has been seen... Sadly
    Oh boo! Skoda being tough again. Well, in my opinion, it's their loss.

JorritVD said:
    Hmm, there were 7 Supercars in DiRT 4.
    - Likely 5-6 are going to return (Fiesta Mk7, 208, DS3, Marklund Polo, Ibiza, Focus RS)
    - One is likely not to return (MINI Countryman)

Based on the DiRT Show, the GroupB not return. Next to that Landrush not returns. So with the Countryman not return, that makes up about 8 spots for new cars. 

If you check my RX Supercars list i posted earlier:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/358400/#Comment_358400
    - Than two spots go to the Audi S1 and Polo R.

Now, now, leave some of the new spaces for rally cars. Don't hog everything for RX.

EDIT: @bogani What about lions? Any young (not old) lion? More specifically the one that only claws with its front paws?
    Post edited by warpengage on
    tbtstt said:
    JorritVD said:

The GR Impreza and MINI Countryman have had no part in the 2018 World RX season, so I'd be surprised to see them in (but not unrealistic to think they might make it!)

Would think the Ibiza would be more likely than the Impreza or MINI as that's been used this year. 
    I am talking about the ARX Impreza and Bennett's MINI Cooper. Not about Isachsen's Impreza and the Countryman.
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    What is the state or relationship with WRX and ARX seems to be coinciding some of the events.  Different rules or something I’m sure but its ran like a FIA/WRX event.  Hopefully there is some licensing cross over because Subaru! 

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Don't forget we don't have car information from the test, we had cars that everyone already knows about.
    We were testing drivetrains for the most part.
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2018
    gfRally said:
    What is the state or relationship with WRX and ARX seems to be coinciding some of the events.  Different rules or something I’m sure but its ran like a FIA/WRX event.  Hopefully there is some licensing cross over because Subaru! 
    They're organised by the same promoter, but ARX isn't endorsed by the FIA. Which might or might not make ARX difficult to add to the game.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    I really think that having FIA WRX you have enough RX supercars, also having RX2, S1600, crosskarts, why would Codemasters bother getting the licence of  ARX cars, save money for Skoda Fabia R5 :D