Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Comments

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    JorritVD said:
    tbtstt said:
    JorritVD said:
    - The other 6 spots could go to the Fiesta MK8, MINI, I20, Megane, Beetle and Impreza. 

Maybe optimistic from me, but I don't think unrealistic. 

The GR Impreza and MINI Countryman have had no part in the 2018 World RX season, so I'd be surprised to see them in (but not unrealistic to think they might make it!)

Would think the Ibiza would be more likely than the Impreza or MINI as that's been used this year. 
    I am talking about the ARX Impreza and Bennett's MINI Cooper. Not about Isachsen's Impreza and the Countryman.
    I could end up eating my words but I would be surprised if an ARX car ends up in with the World cars. 

From what I understand, although they are run by the same promotor, they are being treated as separate entities.

Bennett's MINI is a possibility. As cool as it would be to see it in game, I would rather have the i20 and Megane! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Though I could see them being part of one of the DLC seasons
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I really think that having FIA WRX you have enough RX supercars, also having RX2, S1600, crosskarts, why would Codemasters bother getting the licence of  ARX cars, save money for Skoda Fabia R5 :D

Because Sssuubaruuuu 

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

Though I could see them being part of one of the DLC seasons
    Yep, that I can see! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Mini Cooper is mentioned here and Datsun 240Z is mentioned here 
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    @tbtstt here is inteview with Ross he confirmd Classic Mini Cooper and some Abarth fwd model (asume its A112 Abarth)..

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/

"Ross: We have to strike a careful balance, because there are very experienced guys in the community don’t want any handholding in the game at all. We’ve got the historic front wheel drive cars such as the Mini and the Abarth…"
    @tbtstt here is inteview with Ross he confirmd Classic Mini Cooper and some Abarth fwd model (asume its A112 Abarth)..

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/

"Ross: We have to strike a careful balance, because there are very experienced guys in the community don’t want any handholding in the game at all. We’ve got the historic front wheel drive cars such as the Mini and the Abarth…"
    Great spot @dani211212! Given that the Mini has been directly named I have added that to the list. I will leave the Abarth off for now until we see it clearly stated. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Alright, as Christina mentioned, "new GT" class, you should be able to work out at least what new cars could be added from what's out there ;)
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    edited October 2018
    Alright, as Christina mentioned, "new GT" class, you should be able to work out at least what new cars could be added from what's out there ;)
    Porsche 911 GT3, Chevy Camaro GT4, since Abarth is in the game the 124 could come as well. The Lotus is probable, maybe, but I don't give it many chances, like the Skoda R5.
    One thing though is, these cars are likely to be quite limited. They're tarmac cars. Most of the locations will be gravel and if the USA is snow, that leaves only Spain as a place where you can drive them.
    I hope there won't be any limits to what surface the Porsche and Camaro can drive on, like with the 208 T16 PP in DiRT Rally
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Race Engineer
    Didzis said:
    I hope there won't be any limits to what surface the Porsche and Camaro can drive on, like with the 208 T16 PP in DiRT Rally
    That Porsche was supposed to get a gravel homologation too, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    Has there ever been a new camaro in a rally?  Its just seems so fictional.

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Not sure if one has yet, it's eligible for the GT class though.
    Speaking of which, saw an awesome Delacour Aston Martin GT4 rally stage vid pop up on my YT list last night. That thing is brutal!
    gfRally said:
    There was a Camaro in DiRT3, so at least for DiRT games it isn't anything new

Didzis said:
    gfRally said:
    There was a Camaro in DiRT3, so at least for DiRT games it isn't anything new

Well I put DR on a little higher bar for realism than fantasy cars.   Its really just me..  every rally here in the US has thier sh*tboxs and many around here are Comaros/mustangs/pickups.. so it just makes me cringe a little seeing them here.   #willbyreguardless 😀

• Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    Well the GT4 Camaro is a bit better than the base V6 model.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    edited October 2018
    I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4
    But considering how many legit R5s there are, I wouldn't justify that.
  • CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
    All I can ask for is the BMW again. She sounds so damn mean and I love the high rev's, it's literally what I drive 90% of the time in DR.
    Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.