Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Confirmed Car List

Comments

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    I feel like majority of the older cars like the E30 we have already had in D4 and DR will return, its the modern cars which seem to suffer from the licencing issues
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Engineer
    edited October 2018
    We’ll still get 50+ cars though. So if we lose a few at least we get some new ones to play around with. :)
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    And more in DLC.

I highly doubt I wouldn't buy more cars.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4

I'm with you on that - always thought the Renault Clio would make a perfect R5 base. Project CARS 2 has some excellent fake TCR cars done this way.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
    Areyouben said:
    We’ll still get 50+ cars though. So if we lose a few at least we get some new ones to play around with. :)
    Yep, although there were over 50 in D4 so with the 6 new ones officially announced (C5, Golf, Polo, S1 RX, 911, Camaro) and some rumoured (A112, 240Z, Mégane RX), I'm expecting quite a few from D4 to miss out or be held for DLC. I'd be quite happy to lose the 2000s class to start with if it allowed them to focus on filling it out with some new models.

One question for some car counting aficionados; how would you prefer the class structure to be ordered? By power-to-weight/class or by age?

I found it very frustrating in D4 for the Stratos to be in a class with the late 90s Group A RWD cars instead of its contemporaries (over whom it was only superior on tarmac). Other little gripes include the Evo XI being in the same class as the Lancia Delta Intergrale but split from the 2001 cars it actually competed against, the same with the Lancia Delta being separated from the Sierra RS500 and the early- and late-80s RWD cars being together whilst Group B was another class.

Trying to think how they would be classed in my ideal world but, for example, if the Abarth A112 comes to pass, do you think it should be with the Mini and Lancia with its low power or with the 205 and the Golf against whom it competed IRL?

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Petrol Head
    I don't mind fantasy cars as long as they adhere to the homologation rules of the class and seem realistic. I sort of want an Ibiza R5 after driving the RX version in DiRT 4

I'm with you on that - always thought the Renault Clio would make a perfect R5 base. Project CARS 2 has some excellent fake TCR cars done this way.
    Talking about R5 cars, I'm still hoping that Opel will give a green light for that Corsa R5 that was showcased last year, that was an absolute stunner.
    Don't know anymore at which WRC event it was, Portugal maybe?
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    sqdstr said:

Talking about R5 cars, I'm still hoping that Opel will give a green light for that Corsa R5 that was showcased last year, that was an absolute stunner.
    Yes it was for Portugal, but it was private R5 concept, Opel didnt have nothing to do with it, and it seems will not have.. which is sad..
    here more about

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/129852/citroen-starting-from-scratch-with-wrc2-car
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    sqdstr said:

I think Codies have had quite a good relationship with Opel, with having the Kadett, Manta, Ascona and Adam, so it's a possibility
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    I'm hoping the national rally classes get fleshed out: R2, R4 and R5. The only thing missing from R2 would be the 208. R4 with Mitsubishi and Subaru (like it was already in D4) and R5 with the VW, Citroen and Skoda added.

And I agree with @RodgerDavies. If WRC can't be properly fleshed out, then focus on other classes. It's better that way.
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Member Petrol Head
    I'm not sure how Mitshubishi Mirage R5 licensed in D4, but isn't there's possibility for Opel R5 also? Afaik Mitshubishi haven't homogolated that car?
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    It was called Mitsubishi Space Star in D4
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Member Petrol Head
    anyways, it's not homologated, so there's a chance for Opel's R5, but has that car ever competed anywhere?
    The difference is that Mitsubishi acknowledged the car, even without homologating. Holzer and Opel didn't appear to have any communication about the R5 concept and IIRC Opel asked Holzer to remove the Opel Motorsport branding from their launch.

And nope, it's never run.
    @tbtstt Here is post with pic of  Opel Manta 400

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    @tbtstt Here is post with pic of  Opel Manta 400

Excellent spot, now on the list! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

@tbtstt here is video with Ford Fiesta r5

for reference

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    @tbtstt here is video with Ford Fiesta r5

for reference

I thought we might be jumping to conclusions with that one but, having looked at the reference video, it seems fairly certain, so I have added it to the list!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

edited October 2018
    Sadly this time not Car, just confirmation from Ross for   R2 Class..

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/6-professional-tops-to-help-you-succeed-in-dirt-20
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Not that surprising really. Not after all the fun I had with that class in the test build :wink:

If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • RomeoRallyRomeoRally Member New Car Smell
    No Fab R5, no reason for me to buy it. :( Game looks absolutely gorgeous though. I'm tempted as it's got the Polo and Fiesta (despite my hate for all stock Fiestas - me likey these).