Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

Comments

• TechnaTechna Member New Car Smell
    No VR no buy...

once you go vr you cant go back

please do not do this to the hardcore sim racers.
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Petrol Head
    looperi said:
    Can you really not get VR done for 10 000? Even close?
    Honestly, no.  We would not want to release a bodge job (drop everything to lowest/off, have plenty of popping and frame drops) so that means many people's time.  If we wanted to do PSVR as well there are first party requirements for that.  There is a lot of code (most disciplines) time needed, art, QA, design and of course a producer to make sure it happens.
  • surtic86surtic86 Member New Car Smell
    bogani said:
    Techna said:
    No VR no buy...

False. I went VR and had zero problem going back. 

So your the first i heard that from.

All i know and there are some.... are also like "once VR in Racing never going back to Flat" many of them had Simrigs with Triple Screen Setup and now just a VR Headset.

• surtic86surtic86 Member New Car Smell
    Yes 10k would really be just a Prototype ;) 

But honestly... you CM had the chance to Implement VR on your Engine so every Game you Develop can Profit of it.
  • MrBungle83MrBungle83 Member New Car Smell
    I am so glad the reaction is so strong, if it has VR support then it's a must for many out there if it does not then it literally cannot compare to the original title, if realism is the premise this game is sold on, it really makes me wonder what else they may have nerfed. one Peed off Dirt Rally 1.0 fan. and while were at it stick it in all of your games and ill buy the others too. I used to see Codemasters as one of the big names in the business, most of the sim's with VR support have tiny dev teams, AC 1, Raceroom, Rfactor 2 to name a few. what are you thinking? can you at least answer the question? 

• GuegangsterGuegangster Member New Car Smell
    afahoy said:
    “141 people so far have voted they have VR headseats. Thats 7747euros in potential preorders, most surely lost.”

No it’s not “most surely lost” – just because a few fanatical VR purists won’t buy due to lack of VR, doesn’t mean all VR owners are like that.

I haven't seen a single VR player saying he will buy the game if there is no VR. And I think there will be casual VR players buying it if there is VR support.
    If you play with a wheel, would you pre-order Dirt Rally 2.0 if there was no wheel support? Or even buy it? With no guarantee it comes as a patch later on? I don't think so...
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    surtic86 said:
    bogani said:
    Techna said:
    No VR no buy...

All i know and there are some.... are also like "once VR in Racing never going back to Flat" many of them had Simrigs with Triple Screen Setup and now just a VR Headset.

I tried it and nearly threw up, haven’t wanted to put one back on since
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Wheel Nut
    I haven't seen a single VR player saying he will buy the game if there is no VR
    Are we really doing this? Yes I have a VR headset and yes I am buying Dirt Rally 2.0 even if VR is absent on launch, I've only played 3 Rally games out of Codemasters entire library so I have a lot of catching up to do!
  • Janneman60Janneman60 Member Wheel Nut
    surtic86 said:
    bogani said:
    Techna said:
    No VR no buy...

That is quite common. Took me a week to overcome that problem. And after a 3 week holiday mostly I have to stop the first time as well. But well I am one of those guys getting seasick when crossing a river with a ferry ☺
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    If you want Codies to consider implementing VR threatening to not buy the game unless they add it at the start, even though they have already told you they won't be doing that isn't going to work.They will already have looked at the numbers of people currently using it in DR and concluded that it isn't worth the time, effort or cost of implementing it at launch. It's as simple as that.

However, there must be enough users for them to have decided to look at it after the games release, when it doesn't detract the from the development of the core game.

Having the same people posting the same stuff in different threads won't change their minds, it happens with different features in every game.Ask the #norewindnobuy crowd that tried the same technique when DiRT Rally was launched

Seriously, if you want them to pay attention to you you will have to do something else. You keep saying that there are enough of you to make it viable, there's a poll asking for the inclusion of VR that has been created by @Jepsertti. The results so far are interesting #noVRnoBuy are currently being outvoted by #addVRlater at a rate of 3 to 1.and #noVRnobuy are equal to #noVRever. Who do you think Codies are going to listen to based on the current voting?

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 1060 FTW/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• Janneman60Janneman60 Member Wheel Nut
    If you want Codies to consider implementing VR threatening to not buy the game unless they add it at the start, even though they have already told you they won't be doing that isn't going to work.They will already have looked at the numbers of people currently using it in DR and concluded that it isn't worth the time, effort or cost of implementing it at launch. It's as simple as that.

However, there must be enough users for them to have decided to look at it after the games release, when it doesn't detract the from the development of the core game.

Having the same people posting the same stuff in different threads won't change their minds, it happens with different features in every game.Ask the #norewindnobuy crowd that tried the same technique when DiRT Rally was launched

Seriously, if you want them to pay attention to you you will have to do something else. You keep saying that there are enough of you to make it viable, there's a poll asking for the inclusion of VR that has been created by @Jepsertti. The results so far are interesting #noVRnoBuy are currently being outvoted by #addVRlater at a rate of 3 to 1.and #noVRnobuy are equal to #noVRever. Who do you think Codies are going to listen to based on the current voting?

codemasters already pointed out that it isn't there on release. So realistic conclusion noVRnobuy is senseless. Add VR later is a possible option, I hope this weekvandvthe poll helps to convince cm to implement it.
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    I didn't post the link to Jepsetti's poll to try and get Codies to implement it for launch, I know that isn't going to happen and I agree with their choice, I added it to show people how to voice their opinion in a constructive way instead of harming their chances of getting it implemented, which tbh is what they are doing at the moment.

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 1060 FTW/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• alosixalosix Member New Car Smell
    I canceled my order of dirt 4 after learning of its lack of VR support.

It will be terribly disappointing if its not in the next dirt rally, to the point where I can't buy it. Dirt Rally in VR is my current go to for off season training. 
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    surtic86 said:
    bogani said:
    Techna said:
    No VR no buy...

That is quite common. Took me a week to overcome that problem. And after a 3 week holiday mostly I have to stop the first time as well. But well I am one of those guys getting seasick when crossing a river with a ferry ☺
    First time I’ve ever had motion sickness, I love rollercoasters, never been sick on a boat and I co drive in real life where I’m constantly looking down and reading whilst moving at high speeds. But VR made me really sick. It was great and I would love to be able to use it, but I just know it would make me sick constantly
  • HighoctanHighoctan Member New Car Smell

After the masterpiece Dirt Rally, VR joined in and improved this one again! The first rally title on the PC in VR has also made this race more realistic.

I would be very happy if you could make this experience possible again for Dirt Rally 2.0, theire are more VR owners who are very enthusiastic about racing than you think.

In general, I'm looking forward to the second part, the handmade routes and just that you can work on what you enjoy and then us!

Thanks for taking

• yoyoMLyoyoML Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2018
    First time I’ve ever had motion sickness, I love rollercoasters, never been sick on a boat and I co drive in real life where I’m constantly looking down and reading whilst moving at high speeds. But VR made me really sick. It was great and I would love to be able to use it, but I just know it would make me sick constantly
    Which VR games did you play? There exist games that make me sick in 5 minutes. However, if it's a racing sim where I sit in a fully modeled cockpit, then I can play for hours.

In general, if the VR game has a large enough portion of geometry that's stationary to you, it's less likely to cause motion sickness. Games like racing and flight sims which have cockpits are good. Games where you don't move around too much, like Job Simulator, Beat Saber, Superhot, are also pretty good. First person shooters in VR are definitely the worst.

VR motion sickness is extremely content dependent, not as much player dependent. Don't write it off just because you played the wrong game.
  • fitbritfitbrit Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2018
    I have the opposite problem to most of you guys. I am buying DR2 no matter what (already paid for the delux). However, I want to try VR so badly in the original DR, and maybe Grid Autosport, but can't justify buying all the VR gear for just those two games. I was really hoping DR2 would have VR support from the get-go so I could buy the gear and enjoy DR1 in VR right now until DR2 is released.