Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

VR support in Dirt Rally 2 ?

Comments

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    yoyoML said:
    First time I’ve ever had motion sickness, I love rollercoasters, never been sick on a boat and I co drive in real life where I’m constantly looking down and reading whilst moving at high speeds. But VR made me really sick. It was great and I would love to be able to use it, but I just know it would make me sick constantly
    Which VR games did you play? There exist games that make me sick in 5 minutes. However, if it's a racing sim where I sit in a fully modeled cockpit, then I can play for hours.

In general, if the VR game has a large enough portion of geometry that's stationary to you, it's less likely to cause motion sickness. Games like racing and flight sims which have cockpits are good. Games where you don't move around too much, like Job Simulator, Beat Saber, Superhot, are also pretty good. First person shooters in VR are definitely the worst.

VR motion sickness is extremely content dependent, not as much player dependent. Don't write it off just because you played the wrong game.
    Dirt rally on PSVR
  • zissakos1zissakos1 Member Wheel Nut
    Maybe it will be implemented from the start and they only tell you otherwise to enjoy these glorious forum posts.
    I was thinking about that too. Maybe they just leaked the info of no VR support to see the reaction, to still be able to react in time (release is 5 months away).
    If you want Codies to consider implementing VR threatening to not buy the game unless they add it at the start, even though they have already told you they won't be doing that isn't going to work.They will already have looked at the numbers of people currently using it in DR and concluded that it isn't worth the time, effort or cost of implementing it at launch. It's as simple as that.

However, there must be enough users for them to have decided to look at it after the games release, when it doesn't detract the from the development of the core game.

Having the same people posting the same stuff in different threads won't change their minds, it happens with different features in every game.Ask the #norewindnobuy crowd that tried the same technique when DiRT Rally was launched

Seriously, if you want them to pay attention to you you will have to do something else. You keep saying that there are enough of you to make it viable, there's a poll asking for the inclusion of VR that has been created by @Jepsertti. The results so far are interesting #noVRnoBuy are currently being outvoted by #addVRlater at a rate of 3 to 1.and #noVRnobuy are equal to #noVRever. Who do you think Codies are going to listen to based on the current voting?

To me the results say: >83% of voters want VR support, either at release or later. Only 15% don't bother about VR.

The thing is: VR useres have expressed that they would accept paying more for a VR DLC, but it should be released at launch.

So Codies could now do the impossible and get external help (if needed) to implement VR *in parallel* to the core programming.
    Then release it at an extra 10-15€ on release day.
    How about that Codies? Feasible?

• SharkyOBSharkyOB Member New Car Smell
    I'd pay extra for vr support. I don't particularly like the precedent it would set but I'd do it anyway. 
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Wheel Nut
    zissakos1 said:
    So Codies could now do the impossible and get external help (if needed) to implement VR *in parallel* to the core programming.
    I don't think It's possible to do this without significantly effecting the release timeline, too much chance of something going pear-shaped and ending up spending time on significants re-write close to release that could instead be going toward perfecting the rest of the game or QA, don't you dare tell me they can just spare time away from work on things like the handling model, stages or pace notes after the complaining I saw about Dirt 4.
  • EDDSkitzEDDSkitz Member Unleaded
    This thread should be listed as comedy... because that's all it's good for 😂😂😂
  • jones1876jones1876 Member New Car Smell
    toxaq said:
    I pre-purchased DIRT4 because I wanted to support a company that was making amazing racing games in VR. Seriously, Dirt is the ultimate. However I've never even opened DIRT4 because I just have a single crappy monitor that's only use is configuring things to open in VR. I couldn't get a refund on this unusable game (for me) as I missed the 14 day launch period as Steam didn't notify me. So you've already got one full price out of me for doing nothing, you're not getting another unless you support VR in your future games. I would pay you more for VR. I would pay for more stages to be added to the original Dirt! I have money I want to give you! 
    I got D4 on sale. but like u never played it much. I wanted vr in it so badly but gave them a pass because dirt 4 wasnt their "serious sim" figured they were not adding vr to d4 because thats what DR was for. So imagine my surprise when I hear this.
  • jones1876jones1876 Member New Car Smell
    I don t care about excuses... If dirt rally didnt support wheels, how many would buy it?
    No VR support means no buy.

I am dying for more content, but I already skipped Dirt 4, will do the same with Dirt Rally 2.0 if I have to!
    exactly. wheels are expensive as ****. Ive seen wheel setups more expensive than a vr headset. the % of people who race with wheels must be equal or less than VR. Even less % for those with triple screens.  I dont buy it
  • Janneman60Janneman60 Member Wheel Nut
    If I would pay extra for VR? Since Dirt4 I never ever buy a codemasters game in pre order. I would wait for reviews of gamers if it is worth it. Then I would gkadly pay more for a VR version.
  • EDDSkitzEDDSkitz Member Unleaded
    jones1876 said:
    I don t care about excuses... If dirt rally didnt support wheels, how many would buy it?

I am dying for more content, but I already skipped Dirt 4, will do the same with Dirt Rally 2.0 if I have to!
    exactly. wheels are expensive as ****. Ive seen wheel setups more expensive than a vr headset. the % of people who race with wheels must be equal or less than VR. Even less % for those with triple screens.  I dont buy it
    Well, your feelings and the actual facts are different... get with reality. 
  • xcAzxxcAzx Member New Car Smell
    So we're almost at 1,000 signatures in just a few days for the petition.  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out and sign!  I didn't make the petition, I'm just trying to spread it:

https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4
  • Garry50Garry50 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2018
    I'm with the majority of NO VR NO BUY and I have signed and shared the petition far and wide as like most I just can't work out why with all the games out there that support VR as did DR1.

Come on Codies do the right thing as in VR support for DR2 

Post edited by Garry50 on
  • Jaloes03Jaloes03 Member New Car Smell
    Por favor, necesitamos que dirt rally 2.0 soporte VR, muchos de los que compramos Dirt rally 1, lo hicimos por el soporte VR, es un gran juego y deberia de ser el "juego de rally definitivo", sin VR no será un simulador completo para todo tipos de jugadores. No dividais vuestro publico! #NoVRnobuy.
  • wulliebhoywulliebhoy Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2018
    Well as we can see the demand is definitely there, this topic has been top of the forums since the game was announced and the petition has 1000 signatures already and probably only 1% of the people that want VR know the petition exists...  So get it done Codemasters!!

https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4
  • Haris33Haris33 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2018
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    Dytut said:

For DR 2.0, a VR implementation might yield... say 1000-2000 extra sales from the VR crownd that simply won't buy it if it doesn't have VR. But if DR 2.0 gets VR support, it might sell 5000 VR sets. Considering VR sets are 400€ and a game sale is 40€ it's quite easy to see who has incentive for getting VR implementations done.

1000 signed! Damn, my predictions that I pulled out of my behind hold up well so far ;-) 
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• zeroundersteerzeroundersteer Member Unleaded
    I'll buy it anyway, but DR 2.0 VR support would be a dream come true.
    Cmon codies, invest in the development of VR support for your new engine & make your sim base happy aaaaand transfer the development to upcoming F1 titles ;) WinWin
  • MTOJayMTOJay Member Unleaded

EDDSkitz said:
    jones1876 said:

Well, your feelings and the actual facts are different... get with reality. 

according to the steam hardware survey there are more vr headsets then wheels.
  • Ernie111Ernie111 Member New Car Smell
    My interest in Dirt Rally 2 is completely gone, if there's no VR support. A racing title with a realistic approach needs VR these days. There's nothing more to say.
    Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 + ClubSport Pedals v3
    ──────────────────────────────
    ErnieGaming on YT