Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally 2.0 – coming 26th February 2019! | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageDiRT Rally 2.0 – coming 26th February 2019! | Codemasters Blog

We are absolutely delighted to finally announce DiRT Rally 2.0™ today! The follow-up to the incredibly successful and critically acclaimed DiRT Rally puts players in control of a collection of the most iconic rally cars against the most challenging stages around the world. Marking a return to the simulation style off-road racing that made the original such a hit with gamers, DiRT Rally 2.0 will launch on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) on Tuesday 26th February 2019.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• MTOJayMTOJay Member Unleaded
    please tell me you didnt actually remove vr support from this title?! are you for real? no mention of it at all?

no vr no buy.
  • TheBadCatTheBadCat Member New Car Smell
    So did Facebook Occulus Rift buy VR exclusivity for this one too?

Why can't you folks just ask the customers for money. Why do you have to rely on the money of these corporations who pay for their peripheral exclusivity. That's bad business sense. People like your game. Why not listen to the people who pay to enjoy your work?
  • MTOJayMTOJay Member Unleaded

TheBadCat said:

So did Facebook Occulus Rift buy VR exclusivity for this one too?

Why can't you folks just ask the customers for money. Why do you have to rely on the money of these corporations who pay for their peripheral exclusivity. That's bad business sense. People like your game. Why not listen to the people who pay to enjoy your work?

everybody could play dirt rally in vr. also vive useres. you could get it on steam. its not to hard to get it working with the vive. at least there was support. it was natively only supported for the rift, but everybody could play it.

i dont care as long as i can play it in vr.
  • jotomojotomo Member New Car Smell
    edited September 26
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

New tracks! :-) Is it 2019 yet?
    How about now?
    Now?
    Post edited by jotomo on
  • daz666daz666 Member New Car Smell
    Oh my yes. Looking forward to it, more than anything else
  • Kami102Kami102 Member New Car Smell
    Glad to see Dirt Rally 2.0 will be supported in the future after it's release with a steady stream of DLC.

Unlike a certain recent Dirt game that was completely abandoned immediately after launch...
  • koykiskoykis Member New Car Smell
    All that is great, I'm a big fan of your work, but I got a red flag somewhere in the article. What do you mean "five early vehicles unlocks" and then list five cars that were in the original DiRT Rally? Will you lock cars behind DLCs while they were already included in the first game, or are we just talking about timed unlocks?
    The latter is OK, the first is not and also a reason to NOT buy the game, strictly for ethical restrictions. Can we have a clarification on this pretty please?
  • Super4reSuper4re Member New Car Smell
    Why there is no stages from Finland?????
  • MarcoMaasMarcoMaas Member New Car Smell
    Great news!

Please add keypad/keyboard support on the ps4. It will all DIY handbrake buildes to get the max out of this title.

• EliteGoalieEliteGoalie Member New Car Smell
    edited September 26
    Very excited for this one! Can't wait! Come on 2019!
  • Anfil18Anfil18 Member New Car Smell
    Thanks!!! I love dirt rally. Take my money
  • Warfalcon76Warfalcon76 Member New Car Smell
    If this game doesn’t have VR support then it’s a no buy for me
  • Aaa1981Aaa1981 Member New Car Smell
    Please add Russian language, in Russia there are a lot of fans of dirt rally ! I myself have already pre-ordered the game on PS4, add at least subtitles . Thanks

• zh32zh32 Member New Car Smell
    In order to increase pressure: no VR no buy!
  • GuegangsterGuegangster Member New Car Smell
    I am so hyped! I'd precommand the deluxe version straight away, provided it has PSVR support.
    If that's not the case I'll cry and pass on what would have been my game of the year...
  • Aurora92Aurora92 Member New Car Smell

Seriously guys.

No VR again? in 2019?

Is there triple support at least or did you just make a game to be played on a sofa in front of a big screen tv with controller.

So disappointing. Still play Dirt Rally. This will be a no buy.

Which is a total shame as there are no real rally sims in the sim racing world.

You added support to Dirt Rally when VR was not that popular and now that it's growing you don't care to add it to any of your titles.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dirt-rally-20-has-no-vr-support-planned

"“We're focusing on making the core game experience before launch - and after that, if there is demand from our community, then we'll explore the possibility,”

Won't hold my breath, and will definitely skip this one.

Change the name, it's not a Dirt Rally sequel...

Why do you VR users believe you're a priority when you're less than 1%?
  • digitalmonk1973digitalmonk1973 Member New Car Smell

Aurora92 said:

Seriously guys.

No VR again? in 2019?

Is there triple support at least or did you just make a game to be played on a sofa in front of a big screen tv with controller.

So disappointing. Still play Dirt Rally. This will be a no buy.

Which is a total shame as there are no real rally sims in the sim racing world.

You added support to Dirt Rally when VR was not that popular and now that it's growing you don't care to add it to any of your titles.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dirt-rally-20-has-no-vr-support-planned

"“We're focusing on making the core game experience before launch - and after that, if there is demand from our community, then we'll explore the possibility,”

Won't hold my breath, and will definitely skip this one.

Change the name, it's not a Dirt Rally sequel...

Why do you VR users believe you're a priority when you're less than 1%?

Not saying it's a priority, but get with the program of most of the other racing titles out there.
    Assetto Corsa, ACC, iracing, rf2, Raceroom, Project Cars, Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally.

Racing titles seem to be where VR actually thrives, triple support is important too, if someone tries either they will know why. At this stage let's not include support for high end non consumer wheels, because that's also 1% of the players out there.

Backward thinking in the design of a sim title.

• amarhunjan85amarhunjan85 Member New Car Smell
    Thank you so much Codemasters! please please please keep the multi controller support for PS4 (as is on Dirt Rally), as I use a handbrake attached to a PS4 controller. Cant rally without a proper handbrake! Many Thanks!
  • o0SHELBY0oo0SHELBY0o Member New Car Smell
    If this game doesn’t have VR support then it’s a no buy for me
    Careful saying things like that, in this day and age you'll probably get told (via the Twatter so the whole world can see) that "if you don't like it don't buy it", which for any company to say is demonstrably bad for game sales.