Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

toninustoninus Member Unleaded
Let's talk here about locations and rally tracks for Dirt Rally 2.0
No RallyX here, thanks.

Confirmed rally locations for the release date :
- Argentina
- Australia
- New Zealand
- Poland
- Spain 
- USA (Michigan again ? please no)
So that's 2 or 3 locations coming from Dirt 4. But this time we've got confirmation that the tracks will be handcrafted.
Currently waiting for news about the number and length of tracks per country. I hope at least 2 long ones like in DR1. 3 will be better, and I also hope really long tracks like in WRC7 (up to 25km).

We also know each DLC will add new 3 locations split between rally and RallyX. Lets hope one RallyX track and 2 new rally countries ! They will come every four months after the release.

My wishlist : 
- season 1 : snow focused : Monte-Carlo and Norway/Sweden
- season 2 : asphalt focused : Germany and Japan
- season 3 (unconfirmed but lets hope the game is great and sells well so they'll make it) : mud focused : Safari and China
- season 4 (unconfirmed as well) : back to dirt : Italy and Morrocco/Jordan.

In the case it's just one country per DLC, I'd go with Monte-Carlo, Sweden, Japan and Safari.

What do you think ?

Comments

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Japan would be great, it was may favorite location in CMR 04 and 2005
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    USA will probably be Michigan again. I highly doubt DiRT Rally 2 will launch without, at least, one snow rally. Out of all those countries, only America makes sense. It will probably be the Winter Sno Drift Rally that opened the 2018 Rally America season.
  • TheEqualTesterTheEqualTester Member Unleaded
    Finland is a must have for me. And Monte
    If you're going through hell, keep going.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I have a feeling they need more time with snow stage degredation which could mean we might see a snow rally in one of the season packs.
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    I have a feeling they need more time with snow stage degredation which could mean we might see a snow rally in one of the season packs.
    There's a problem with that. The season packs are DLC and are not free. If someone doesn't want to spend extra money, they won't get a snow rally in the game.
  • fbetesfbetes Member New Car Smell
    We already know that the tracks will be handcrafted,  but will be able to create random stages with a improved stage generator (like in D4)?. I know the quality of the stages was better in DR than in D4, but I like the random ability to create stages...

With each DLC, it's clear we will receive 2 RallyCross+1 Rally location, so the game will have 8 rallies and 12 RallyCross tracks. However I would prefer more Rally locations instead of RallyCross tracks...

• SkyRexSkyRex Member Petrol Head
    USA will probably be Michigan again. I highly doubt DiRT Rally 2 will launch without, at least, one snow rally. Out of all those countries, only America makes sense. It will probably be the Winter Sno Drift Rally that opened the 2018 Rally America season.
    Good point, I would approve Sno*Drift very much

Just hopefully not the bland, brown, easy version of Michigan from D4 please

• Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    It would make a lot more sense if it was two RX tracks and one rally location. RX tracks are easier to make and smaller, and after two DLC we'd have the entire 2018 season. Rally locations feature multiple stages so one new rally location is more content than one new RX track.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Oscar97 said:
    It would make a lot more sense if it was two RX tracks and one rally location. RX tracks are easier to make and smaller, and after two DLC we'd have the entire 2018 season. Rally locations feature multiple stages so one new rally location is more content than one new RX track.
    I would personally like to see it split evenly, one season we get 2xRX 1xrally, the next 1xRX 2xrally. But I’m very pleased to get dlc either way so I would be happy with a 4/2 split
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Oscar97 said:
    They have Dirt Rally locations already done, I hope we get them, they have a Lot of Stage Km done in Sweden and Wales(Dirt Rally and Dirt 4), why dont use them? 
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Co-Driver
    Oscar97 said:
    They have Dirt Rally locations already done, I hope we get them, they have a Lot of Stage Km done in Sweden and Wales(Dirt Rally and Dirt 4), why dont use them? 
    Don't worry, the DLC packs will be remastered DR stages!
    On a more serious note, it would be nice to have access to the original DR stages in DR2. I hope DR2 has way more km than DR, which had only 280 unique km (including reversed stages) across the six locations.
  • happyboy1974happyboy1974 Member New Car Smell
    Lots of talk about things being "confirmed". 
    Where did it say the hand crafted stages would be supplemented by something like yourstage? 

Oscar97 said:
    I’ve played those stages to death, I’d rather something new
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Oscar97 said:
    I Prefer that than nothing, its a nice addition, and I quite sure the cost of importing them to the new game is minimal compared to make some new ones from scratch, the best scenario will be something new and the old ones
    Where did it say the hand crafted stages would be supplemented by something like yourstage? 

If you say that because I talked about Dirt 4 stages, I didnt said nothing about Your stage, just the Dirt 4 roads
    Oscar97 said:
    I Prefer that than nothing, its a nice addition, and I quite sure the cost of importing them to the new game is minimal compared to make some new ones from scratch, the best scenario will be something new and the old ones

If you say that because I talked about Dirt 4 stages, I didnt said nothing about Your stage, just the Dirt 4 roads
    Dirt rally stages weren’t perfect though, they weren’t bumpy enough, and the road edges were lethal. The design has come on since then as seen in dirt 4 and what little DR2 footage we have. Plus there’s the new deformable roads which would have to be implemented.

You also just know you would have that group of people saying ‘omg I paid full price for this and half of it is the same as the lasts game!!!11!!
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    The locations are interesting. It was heavily implied that they couldn't reuse the stages from DR because of potential legal issues from certain parties, yet here we are with Australia, Spain and Argentina. Now, the first two, it's easy to imagine you could pick any other rally to thematically base it on (say Perth stages for Australia and Canarias for Spain) but the Argentina footage clearly shows the fairly unique setting of El Condor, which is one of the most iconic WRC stages of the year.

Seems to me like we've got several locations which are going to be much alike at the moment. USA (if Michigan), Poland, New Zealand are all very quick, flowing events (trying to replace Finland with three). More excited by Argentina and Australia personally. Unless it turns out Poland is actually based on Rajd Rzeszowski in which case my praise knows no bounds.

I too hope the expansions are a snow themed (Monte-Carlo, Norway, Sweden) one and a tarmac (Ypres, Valais, Zlin) style one. The Catalunya stages are a bit dull from a tarmac perspective IMO, so would be good to see a more traditional hills & junctions asphalt event eventually. It would make perfect sense to me that they want extra time to work on the new features with snow stages.

Anyway, as I hoped with DR1, fingers crossed this is just the start and I'm very much looking forward to the journey :)
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    I think the legal issues were strong recommendations to be careful,so they'd have to look carefully at that.
  • kheirokheiro Member New Car Smell
    edited September 27
    WALES why is he ignoring ????????
    We all know how infuriating it can be when you're being ignored. 
  • edgenzedgenz Member Petrol Head
    edited September 27
    Speculation: This looks like New Zealand to me - more dense bush than Australia. If so, it feels more bushy than two of the likely NZ locations of Whangarei and Otago. 
    Which means it's very likely the Motu in Gisborne - which makes sense as it's a legendary WRC stage.
    JorritVD said:
    Found some more pictures from the Red Bull Gaming Sphere 

Motu footage: 

This also looks like NZ to me - it appears to have white fluffy "toetoe" grass on the side of the road - which is classic NZ. Could be far north (Whangarei), could be Coromandel region, could be Gisborne - could be lots of locations. 
    JorritVD said:
    First gameplay shot, haha

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Hehe, bushy, hehehe.