Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally 2.0 - VR support

2»

Comments

• SamRWDSamRWD Member Race Engineer
    No: I don't want VR support at all (despite VR support not affecting players without VR headsets)
    You can edit OP though, no?

• Body is 13 characters too short.
  • JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    Yes: I want VR support as a DLC or an update (despite possibly having to pay for it)
    SamRWD said:
    You can edit OP though, no?

• Body is 13 characters too short.
    Good point, edited :)
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    No: I don't want VR support at all (despite VR support not affecting players without VR headsets)
    You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
    Welcome to pretty much every poll on these forums. They're generally more skewed than a kebab.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • chillisteakchillisteak Member Unleaded
    Yes: I want VR support at launch (despite VR support taking time and resources away from core game development)
    A modern racing title shouldn't be released without a major component such as VR! I like many won't buy the game till it has VR. If VR doesn't arrive I won't be purchasing it!
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 | Videocard: AMD HD 7950 | Gamepad: Logitech G25 + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64
  • JamesUptonJamesUpton Member Unleaded
    Yes: I want VR support at launch (despite VR support taking time and resources away from core game development)
    VR in DR1 is one of the most authentic and amazing gaming experiences of all time. I can not believe CM has omitted such an amazing feature from the sequel. 
  • MarkG99MarkG99 Member New Car Smell
    I would like for CM to stop pretending like they care about VR. They lied about putting it in Dirt 4 (more of that 'if there is demand'). Stop pusyfooting.. put it in the damn game.
  • sokittoya76sokittoya76 Member New Car Smell
    Please can we have VR support!? Pwetty pwetty pwease?
    With extra sauce and extra cheese.
    If you implement VR in Dirt Rally 2.0
    Just wait and watch what happens, your bottom line will grow.
    And all of your supporters will cheer and say 'yipee'
    for we will know our voices are heard and play Dirt 2.0 happily.
    Simple yes or know would suffice.
  • KevElmesKevElmes Member New Car Smell
    i voted for vr because it adds so much to racing sims and i just cant go back to playing any other way but i want to ask why when its no skin off the people who dont play in vr why are they so against it dont they see that one day some of them mite get a vr head set and then they will be like f^^^k i wish dirt 2 was in vr i just dont get their hate towards it and i want them to tell me why they hate something that makes the sims they enjoy so much better ?
  • DarthReisDarthReis Member New Car Smell
    I would buy it right now if they announce VR Support, same for F1. But no VR no buy for me. 
    And it might be worth boosting the engine to SLI or VRWorks if they get on it.
  • MildozeMildoze Member New Car Smell
    I don't want VR support taking away from them putting their best foot forward for launch. If they have a solid game at launch with a well of content to draw into the game post launch then it would make sense to add it for the ultra dedicated 1% of owners who have the hardware... but the reality is most of us will never use this feature despite our support for this really kick ass full featured rally sim and all its realism trimmings that can be added on for Dirt Rally immersion (ffb wheel and rift vr).
    Never go full turbo!
  • SteelCosmonautSteelCosmonaut Member New Car Smell
    edited October 11
               CM should just put on their big boy pants suck it up,  admit they jumped the gun on the VR call and simply be upfront and honest with the community for a parlay.  I would have ZERO issues if DR 2.0 was delayed for VR support day 1.   Reason being mainly because up until recently DR 2 actually happening didn't have many convinced imo and now all this coverage for it with a release window not that far out?  With no VR support when realizing a phenomenal application for VR, lets get real, driving and all sorts of flight sim titles really hit the mark, on top the fact that it's 2018 with the previous title in the series having support for it and it being really nice from my time with it,  VR options and support should be a core feature in the title.  How are we even needing to have this discussion with what not only would re-ignite excitement within the community, but would also get a lot of new and realistically long overdue increased interest in the sim racing genre. 

The next 6-12 months is imo going to be an exciting time for sim enthusiasts alike.  It's really up to CM to decide now if they want to work with the community that has had a strong passion for what they have created for well over a decade now and be a part of the exciting progress of the genre,  or just add their name to the list of development studios fans loved for years only to have them ruin an opportunity to properly take a run at a title of which there seems like the only contender would the exact same game remastered, which(and i know this is my opinion but srsly its really obvious)has been undefeated for almost 15 years now(We all know which one Im talking about).  Maybe we should be petitioning to revive SCI games so they can take everyone down a peg and add to their legacy.  Why, if you have an opportunity to create something that could redefine a sub-genre of one of the most critical and intelligent communities ever in gaming period, but rather tarnish it not by producing a bad title but actively dividing the community as it is in this poll right now,  because they have become complacent with just being only ok with some high moments here and there. 

I apologize for the venting but I never shy away from admitting I LOVE SIM RACING and I LOVE RALLY RACING.  I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others for the simple enjoyment of proper competition, rather than keep it as an advantage for myself.  I'm passionate about the direction the genre is heading.  It's just becoming increasingly frustrating to have such a long history and dedication to one thing(even if its only considered a "hobby" by most) only to have that frustration continue on because specific decisions being made by those we continue to support for many years and lets be honest, rely on to continue to enjoy that hobby,  in 2018 make absolutely no sense other than to try cash in from it.  Even if they don't profit from it, the dmg to community will be done unfortunately.   Won't take much to have it become just another completely could have been avoided conflict separating the community into one side probably being labeled as entitled VR elitists,  and the other being given the label as those who never really cared to begin with and are just there to stir things up.  This isn't something new but it is overdue to end cuz it's getting old and I honestly think people are just mad so they end up taking it out on someone that might not entirely agree with on everything and that makes them an enemy for what ever reason. 

Currently i don't own a VR setup but to increase interest and support for a newer addition to the already very expensive options in sim racing,  I don't need to own one to know that its here to stay and by now shouldn't continue to be in the "only if there is enough community support for it" category.  Can't continue being deliberately daft about it like it's almost expected to fade away because others have failed.  

"""""If rational discussion on the topic isn't something your capable of just leave it be, because any bashing or opinionated facts you might not be able to refrain from sharing will only add to the issue,  so please if you can't be apart of the solution, do your best to not add to the problem.  That's all i ask."""""""""""" 
  • bradmaybradmay Member New Car Smell
    Yes: I want VR support as a DLC or an update (despite possibly having to pay for it)
    I really want VR in this game -  personally it is not worth buying unless it has VR support.  After playing Dirt Rally in VR I can't go back to a normal screen, the VR immersion allows you to feel like you are a part of the world. 

Also from a technical perspective there is no better way to be driving sideways and have the ability to look to the side and see where you are going. This is an integral part of a game where you spend 90% of your time moving laterally!

• wjuwju Member New Car Smell
    edited October 13
    dear codemasters, my post is very simple:

NO VR = NO BUY

2»