Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book – 28/09/18 | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageDiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book – 28/09/18 | Codemasters Blog

Before we get into the very first Road Book for DiRT Rally 2.0, we want to say thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last few months, gossiped on forums, watched the trailer this week, and have just generally been wonderful and excited about what’s to come from Team DiRT. It genuinely means the world to us – DiRT Rally 2.0 is a labour of love for all of us, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on it in February. You’ve made us all a very happy bunch – just check out our happy faces! This one’s for you.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• Juju91Juju91 Member New Car Smell
    We want a perfect simulation please !!

Good day to the TEAM !!
  • Strider1979Strider1979 Member New Car Smell
    Fantastic Stuff, can't wait for Monday!!
  • DehhDehh Member New Car Smell
    What can you tell us about VR support???
    English is not my native language, please be patient.
  • Pugs1688Pugs1688 Member New Car Smell
    We want VR. No VR, no buy. It's 2018 and all of your competitors are delivering...why aren't you?
  • aghnardaghnard Member New Car Smell
    I hope VR support for this one, Dirt Rally was so cool in VR, I played more than 300 hours !!!
    I play only in VR now ! rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Raceroom...good simulations have VR !
  • OrangeLoveOrangeLove Member New Car Smell
    What on earth made you drop VR support??? Absolutely unbelievable project management disaster, no idea what's in your manager's mind. This game should have been made as a native VR name that's compatible with non-VR systems. Dirt 4 was already a step back and now you are taking another.

And obviously, no VR = no buy.
  • tfc1tfc1 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 29
    We want VR. No VR, no buy. All current simulators have VR. You can't leave out the VR
  • eXerfiteXerfit Member Unleaded
    It’s absolutely insane that you don’t include VR in this game now that every other sims have it. DR2 is a major stepdown from DR1. No VR, no buy.
    MongoJon [VR] on leaderboards.
  • RimushkaRimushka Member New Car Smell
    When we can see the full list of cars on the release? And when will the first information on the DLC?
  • TheScotsmanTheScotsman Member New Car Smell
    Dropping VR? Another smooth move by CM...

No VR = No buy.
  • dman000420dman000420 Member New Car Smell
    As soon as you say Dirt Rally 2 will have VR then i will pre order the game.
    I agree with everyone else here No VR No buy.
  • Jcushing5Jcushing5 Member New Car Smell
    Definite buy from me (and most players), as long as the game is a proper simulation! The 'no vr = no buy' crowd are a noisy minority.
  • wernermlwernerml Member New Car Smell
  • KingOfTheCakesKingOfTheCakes Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 30
    So, is the Porche 911 going to be available at a later date for those who don't preorder, or do we have to pay for DR2 before we even play it to obtain it?
  • GreatApeGreatApe Member New Car Smell
    Another No VR, no buy from me.

Before the VR upgrade I'd had DiRT for quite a while, but rarely played it. Trying to drive a realistic rally car sim on tricky narrow stages was just way too hard when you're doing it looking at a computer screen not sitting in the car.

VR totally changed that, suddenly it felt like I was in the car, I could steer with precision, I could feel the slides and easily balance the car on the throttle. VR totally transformed the game.

Since the VR upgrade for over the last year and half I've been totally hooked on the game, played virtually ever Daily/Weekly/Monthly, compete in multiple leagues. This love of the game is totally due to VR, and there's no way I'm going back, quite simply from that point all non-VR driving games were, and still are dead to me.

No VR, no buy is totally non-negotiable, VR is not a nice addition, it is a 100% essential feature.

Important question, do you have stats for how many of the regular players on the Dailys & Weeklys are VR/Non-VR?
  • PophopPophop Member New Car Smell
    edited October 2
    Sorry for my english, i'll say it in french.

DIRT RALLY est un excellent jeu au même titre qu'ASSETTO ou pcars (1 et 2).
    J'y avais retrouvé le même plaisir que sur les premiers Colin Mc Rae. ;)
    Puis la MAJ VR (ps4) est arrivée. Merci !!! 
    Problème, il n'est plus possible de faire marche arrière. (vous y avez joué, vous en êtes conscients)
    Je n'ai pas la moindre idée de la rentabilité prévisionnelle de l'adaptation VR.
    Je sais seulement que les joueurs qui jouent à Dirt rallye VR, joueront tous à Dirt rallye 2.0 VR, mais seulement si VR.

Bon courage et bonne continuation dans le projet, et j’espère y jouer au plus vite avec casque VR sur la tête.
    Post edited by Pophop on
  • GencomerGencomer Member New Car Smell
    we are waiting for VR upgrade for Dirt 4 but new one is coming..  What about VR option for Dirt Rally 2.0 ? if not i am not going to buying 
  • VRorBUSTVRorBUST Member New Car Smell
    Wait, wait, wait…I don’t understand this at all. You guys created, hands down, the best VR Racing Sim (TO THIS DAY) in Dirt Rally 1 and now, you’re not going to include it in Dirt Rally 2? Are you guys drunk? As if it’s bad enough that you left it out of Dirt 4 and F1 2018… And now you want me lay down $60 for a game that is a downgrade from something you put out 3 years ago? ‘Well, if there is a demand we will explore –‘ NO. Stop. There is demand. It isn’t going to get much louder than this. NO VR, NO BUY. It’s 2018, get with it.
  • Jwill142Jwill142 Member New Car Smell
    I am a huge racing sim fan. I also in particular love rally. Dirt Rally is still one of my favorites. I am absolutely shocked at the lack of VR support for Dirt Rally 2.0. I alone would have bought 5 copies of Dirt Rally 2.0 for all my sim rigs. My entire family as well as a dozen other sim friends that also-use VR for racing. Its a non starter for me ,if VR isn't supported. Its a huge deal breaker. I hope that Codemaster changes their minds. I fear it will be a huge flop like Dirt 4. VR is the future of all racing sim games. For those who haven't tried VR for sim racing , all I can say is its simply incredible to feel like your in these amazing cars completely immersed in the biggest way possible without actually driving a real race / rally car.

NO VR /NO BUY.!!!!!!