Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Onrush 2.0

toninustoninus Member New Car Smell
Codies are teasing some new locations on twitter. Cool addition, but if it's onluy new locations then I doubt it will bring more players to the game.

My wishes would be about game modes. Graphics are great, handling isn't bas either. But the way the game plays kinda sucks.
I would love a new main mode which is FFA focused. Where it's possible to limit vehicles to one single category (no more bikes vs heavies). Also remove the moving wrecks.
Where the bonuses are spread on the map like MarioKart, and not linked to vehicles and your wrecking score. Bonuses should help late players.
Boost should be earned taking risks driving close to trees, jumping figures or damaging other players (like in Flatout series).
And finally, where crashes and wrecks aren't as punishing as they are now. Player should be back on track really fast, having a waiting screen breaks the adrenaline. 

Last but not least, if this update is succesful, release it on PC.
It would be sad to waste the work accomplished because of some poor gameplay idea...

Comments

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    toninus said:
    Codies are teasing some new locations on twitter. Cool addition, but if it's onluy new locations then I doubt it will bring more players to the game.

My wishes would be about game modes. Graphics are great, handling isn't bas either. But the way the game plays kinda sucks.
    I would love a new main mode which is FFA focused. Where it's possible to limit vehicles to one single category (no more bikes vs heavies). Also remove the moving wrecks.
    Where the bonuses are spread on the map like MarioKart, and not linked to vehicles and your wrecking score. Bonuses should help late players.
    Boost should be earned taking risks driving close to trees, jumping figures or damaging other players (like in Flatout series).
    And finally, where crashes and wrecks aren't as punishing as they are now. Player should be back on track really fast, having a waiting screen breaks the adrenaline. 

It would be sad to waste the work accomplished because of some poor gameplay idea...
    Your confused with Dirt rally 2.0, Onrush died when the devs were fired.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    toninus said:

Your confused with Dirt rally 2.0, Onrush died when the devs were fired.
    Codies have in fact released new photos of ONRUSH in the last couple of weeks. Also the community manager said that they are still continuing to work on the game. I think you're the confused one.
  • toninustoninus Member New Car Smell
    The devs were fired, that's right.
    But some people at Codemasters are still working on the game. And aside new content, I hope they will also rething the way the game is played.
    Adding a main game mode that is FFA and race (not deathmatch) based would bring some new players, I think.
    edited October 3
    @couger1981 I wonder why you disagree with me. Well now you can't anymore.

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    UP100 said:

Thats just DLC nothing about a new Onrush 2 game coming out.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

UP100 said:

Thats just DLC nothing about a new Onrush 2 game coming out.
    No one here has ever mentioned a second game. The OP talks about an update he wants to see, and I talk about the free upcoming update.
  • toninustoninus Member New Car Smell
    Yup, I'm posting suggestions that can be made with just a few programmers. If they released 4 whole new tracks, then they cans do that too (except if these tracks have been made for a future canceled DLC by the original team).

So another thing that make Onrush not work so well is how damage is punishing. Instead of classic deathmatch in FPS, you don't have life points and can be wrecked at any time. This + the fact most of the danger comes from behind so you can't do anything. I'm sure the game would work better with less respawns.