Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Crash on startup on Ryzen 7 2700X

Ec8erEc8er Member New Car Smell
Hi!
Dirt Rally keeps crushing on startup after I've upgraded my pc specs.
It worked fine on my Xeon 1230v2 but recently I've upgraded to Ryzen 7 2700x and now every time I launch Dirt Rally I get a message that Dirt Rally executable stopped working.
I've been looking for a fix and apparently the game can't handle too many cpu cores (ryzen 7 2700x have 8/16).
I've tried turning off 4 cores and it worked, game was working as intended.
And now my question: Is there any other fix to this issue with game not launching on cpus with high core count? Is there a way to force the game to recognize certain amount of cores?
I don't really like the idea of turning off half of the cores and restart windows every time I want to play Rally.

Thank you.

Comments

• EnteraxEnterax Member New Car Smell
    I have exactly same issue (also Ryzen 2700X) with game not accepting anything beyond 8 threads. Workaround with disabling SMT in bios is very uncovenient, however it seems to be only option. Personaly hope that Codemasters can bring same update as they did for Dirt 4 fixing this issue.
  • Ec8erEc8er Member New Car Smell
    Enterax said:
    I have exactly same issue (also Ryzen 2700X) with game not accepting anything beyond 8 threads. Workaround with disabling SMT in bios is very uncovenient, however it seems to be only option. Personaly hope that Codemasters can bring same update as they did for Dirt 4 fixing this issue.
     I used AMD Ryzen Master, lets you change number of cores, tdp without entering bios. By default there are two modes and one of them have 4 cores enabled. Select one and restart. And yet I still not ideal, lets hope Codemasters would update Rally like you said.

• MiltrivdMiltrivd Member New Car Smell
    Same issue, just assembled a 2700X PC and cannot have the game lunch unless I restrict the logical core count to 8. I've googled a bunch and asked around and some people with 2700X/1700 and the like have no issues while others are in the same boat as ours, Win7(Win8/Win10 doesn't seem to matter either.

The game is crashing before it can create first launch settings and even deleting the entire \system\ folder, where all the first launch and Workermapcore xml files are hosted, doesn't seem to change anything. The crash happens before the exe can do anything.