Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2018 Japanese Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
I don't have anything witty or vaguely interesting for this thread, so this is what you got this week :p 
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    It's always strange when the sessions are at such strange time such as the Japanese GP.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    When I first got my old dog, I used to wakeup for the sessions and walk him before the start.  Now I just record them, but the engine noise used to keep me awake even when nothing exciting was happening, now the engine noise puts me to sleep.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Ferrari and Vettel once again their own downfall.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Good job Ferrari :trollface:

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    The concept of "you have nothing to lose" has been debunked by Ferrari's strategists yet again.
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    This season will tarnish Vettel's reputation i think, far too many errors.
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    Ferrari have to be called out for putting inters on the car, but that shouldn't get Vettel off the hook for screwing up his lap. Three huge mistakes in one lap is simply not good enough at this level.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Vettel this year is Hamilton in 2011. Crashtastic.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    So is that the championship over then? Can't see Vettel coming back to challenge at the remaining races.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

The championship has been over since Germany tbh, right now, the title fight is on life support and we're waiting for someone to pull the plug. Surprisingly enough, Vettel has done most of the pulling.
    Vettel cracked under pressure. He's made so many mistakes lately. 
    And now he's blaming Max. You can't make this stuff up.
    So to be clear, I'm not being biased when I say that the Vettel-Verstappen collision is on Vettel?
    Jiggy said:
    So to be clear, I'm not being biased when I say that the Vettel-Verstappen collision is on Vettel?
    Not in my opinion.

too short
    edited October 7
    Has anyone checked on Seb being alive and well? Haven't heard from him for weeks now.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Another Mercedes 1-2 in Austin and the championship is done!

I feel like this championship has shades of 2013 in a way. Really exciting first half of the year with it being so close at the front, and then since the break it's been total domination.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    edited October 7
    fIsince08 said:
    Vettel this year is Hamilton in 2011. Crashtastic.
    Even more so than 2014. Undeniable brilliance with random self-destruction mixed in. 

Ferrari need to have a massive talk and reflection on this season, nothing about it has been good enough aside from the cars raw pace. Useless having a fast car if its operated and worked on by monkeys. 

What Vettel was thinking going for a move there only God knows, we can only hope for the sake of future competition that Vettel learns from this season and becomes a bit more like Lewis post 2011. Or perhaps Leclerc can be the one to challenge Mercedes. I don't mind at this point, but we really need another title going down to the wire.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Co-Driver
    Couple of thoughts on the incident. Feel like Max really pushed his luck there with the lack of space he left but I think with the speed Vettel was carrying he was going to understeer into Max no matter how much room Max left. A overly opportunistic move that he got fairly punished for.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Done some quick maths, and Hamilton needs to score just 33 points in the final 4 races to take the title, and that's with Vettel winning each of the remaining races. He could literally get a 5th and three 6th places and he'd get the job done. Crazy how quickly the season has changed from Hamilton being something like 30 points behind Vettel, to then being so far in front.
    MBKF1 said:
    Done some quick maths, and Hamilton needs to score just 33 points in the final 4 races to take the title, and that's with Vettel winning each of the remaining races. He could literally get a 5th and three 6th places and he'd get the job done. Crazy how quickly the season has changed from Hamilton being something like 30 points behind Vettel, to then being so far in front.
    Lewis at no stage was further behind Vettel than 17pts this year and that was after the second race (Bahrain).