Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Career mode qualify AI times

I've always played single races and championship mode so far. In career mode I'm noticing strange times for the AI compared to other modes. A lot of crazy times when the user has a failure at the beginning of the session and has to skip the repair time and in general crazy fast times. I'm seconds off pace at times compared to other modes and compared to the race (same difficulty %)

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    If you skip blocks of time, or fast forward, the game can simulate the AI times. Sometimes if they are mid lap, its can trigger them to miss part or all of a sector, so only way around it is to not skip any parts of the session, and DO NOT exit garage to flying lap.

And even then it will sim laptimes for cars on track after the flag drops on the session.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited October 5
    FRACTURED said:
    And even then it will sim laptimes for cars on track after the flag drops on the session.
    I wish it would just go into spectate until the final car has completed its lap with an option to skip, instead of jumping straight to the results.
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    Fast forwarding works. I was comparing the career mode qualify to single race and championship. I found the AI really inconsistent in qualify in career mode while in other modes the position you get in qualify is a good indication or where you will be in the race
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    I sometimes get the odd times even without simulating anything, but no more than at Monaco where the times can be hugely unreal! Sometimes an AI can be a couple of seconds faster than any other AI and not often the better car, very random.
    edited October 5
    I sometimes get the odd times even without simulating anything, but no more than at Monaco where the times can be hugely unreal! Sometimes an AI can be a couple of seconds faster than any other AI and not often the better car, very random.
    My same exact experience. Q sessions seem to be random. I'm playing on legend and sometimes the AI puts times that are as fast as 110% if not faster than the world record...
  • AvengerGR35AvengerGR35 Member New Car Smell
    I had the same problem after the latest patch. I was on the US GP and Ricciardo qualified 1st and he was 1.5 seconds faster than the 2nd placed Bottas. At first this was happening only in Free Practice but now it seems to happen in quali too. 
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    Looks like this really could be due to the latest patch? I never had this from when I had the day on release date, the AI have always been a bit loose on consistent times but only lately has it been a regular thing getting strange times in Quali. Looking back at other posts it seems Monaco has had a lot of history of posting strangely over the top times but its only lately I've been noticing it, mostly because I guess now that I am challenging poles its very noticeable, get pole by 0.2 seconds then suddenly a Torro Rosso posts 2 seconds faster, I have to check I've not been drink simulation driving!!
    I've never played career mode. I started with patch 1.09 and 1.10. But I previously played 3 seasons of championship mode and a lot of single races. Never seen anything like that. Was it caused by patch 1.10?

I will test other modes as soon as i can to see if it's there too... 
    edited October 8
    It happens in other modes too. Had it today in single race (China - Dry): crazy times and Hulkenberg first in Q2 with 0.9s over Hamilton...
  • USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 9
    I have just raced around China.

Qualy results (dry):

Q2 fastest lap by Perez = 1.27.1
    My time = 1.31.4  (knocked out P12)

Q3 Pole lap by Hamilton = 1.35.4

Everyone in Q2 was at least FOUR SECONDS faster than the pole time.

Also in this race - I was given a speeding in pit lane drive through despite being under the speed limit - as the replay proved when I checked.

GAME IS BROKEN.

Today I got the pole after going too aggressively through the final chicane in Canada. Got the invalidated current and next lap message but the time was counted...

AI is messed up. Got the bug again and it happens in particular in Q1 and Q2... 
    It happens in every mode regardless of the driver/team you select... 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    S3 race one, Q1. HULK has a sector 2 a full 1.8s quicker than anyone else. And myself and Charles in our #1 ranked alfa were much faster there than anyone else.

Impossible time. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Wheel Nut
    LeClerc was on pole in Australia - first 5 laps were manic whilst he held the top 10 up, Ericsson ran outside the top 10 like a Nomad
  • skitzskitz Member Unleaded
    edited October 13
    this happened to me at Baku, Hamilton manged to complete the final sector in 17s. I made a complaint to the FIA saying that Mercedes where using a jet engine instead of  a V6 hybrid turbo and should be kicked out LOL