Because F1 2016 constantly crashed with the "D3D has been removed..." error I recently decided to buy F1 2018 hoping that that bug would have been resolved in the meantime. However, that problem still exists in F1 2018 making the game unplayable on my PC.
My PC configuration is as follows:
* Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming motherboard
* Intel Core i7 8086K 4Ghz Turbo 5Ghz
* 32 GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000 MHz (2 x 8 GB)
* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Edition (11GB)
* 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe
The PC runs rock-solid with any other program and very heavy workload like flight simulators. All components run on standard manufacturer specs (no overclocking).
After searching the web I already tried the following suggestions:
* Lowering all Graphics settings and texture detail settings
* Adding the -dxlevel 81 parameter to the program
* Adding the -safemode parameter
* Removing and re-installing GPU drivers
* re-installing DX drivers
None of the above suggestions could prevent the error.
Are there any solutions to this nasty bug?