Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

***1.10 AI Career BUG- Documented from numerous sources***

Hello,
Starting  season 3 since the 1.10 patch in a new team that has the 2nd best car I have been at the back of the grid in the 1st 3 races with no changes on my end except the team change.

I was doing much better in my Torro Rosso which was a midfield car.

Looking on the internet I have seen many people have this issue mostly with changing teams since the patch. Here are links of the issues for evidence.

Let me know if you need any more data.

Comments

• Pilots2013Pilots2013 Member New Car Smell
    Same problem for me, I'm racing with Sauber in career mode, right now I am at Monaco and Leclerc is showing off ridicolous pace, when he was slower for the whole weekend (that I played with 1.09 patch). On the contrary after the 1.10 patch my car seems to be as slow as it was at the start of the season and I have to take insane risks just to be right behind my team mate, when he was slower for the whole season.
  • AssassinTraubeAssassinTraube Member New Car Smell
    This cant be posted enough. Happens to me too.
  • MetzgerovMetzgerov Member Unleaded
    Update to this:
    the next 2 races (SPN, CAN) seemed back where it should be. I was in the top 5 most of the weekend on both races.

Could this be because I added my 1st new part then they "installed" all the previos upgrades that didn't show up in the 1st 3 races?

• Pilots2013Pilots2013 Member New Car Smell
    It could be possible that loading the career with a new update the car downgrades to stock, and applying a new upgrade makes the game ''reload" all the previous upgrades that were not working.
    Yeah I was thinking it seems like that but after reviewing other posts it also seems Baharain and Baku have higher AI difficulty on top of that.

Anyway hope they read these posts.
  • skylinegtr34skylinegtr34 Member Unleaded
    now im download file for downgrade to 1.09, tomorrow try the working process, if it's ok,  i can post the guide to downgrade to 1.09 if anyone it's interesting
  • StefanClaassenStefanClaassen Member Unleaded
    edited October 11
    now im download file for downgrade to 1.09, tomorrow try the working process, if it's ok,  i can post the guide to downgrade to 1.09 if anyone it's interesting
    Is that possible?

Anyone from Codies want to help us out here?

I paid $60 for a bunch of 1's and 0's just taking up space on my HDD now?
  • VepanionVepanion Member New Car Smell

For me it's not just my own pace that's broken since update 1.10, the other AI drivers as well.

Vettel just got kicked out in Q1 (the Ferrari is the second fastest car, or at least ought to be), and Alonso just got pole position (in the third-slowest car).

The game is just totally broken right now.

• FayaFaya Member admin

Hi all,

There is a potential fix in test in regards to the AI sector times. If this passes testing, we will look at getting them in the next available patch. Note, next available patch may not mean the next patch that goes out.

In regards to the upgrades not applying, could you let me know the following things so that we can continue to investigate?

• What team are you in?
    • Did you start on that team, or did you switch team? If so, did you switch mid-season, or after the final race of a season?
    • Which upgrades do you think the AI has that you don’t?
    • Where are you seeing the difference? In Practice, Qualifying, Race, or all sessions?
    • What season are you in?

Also, if you’re on PS4, could you send us in your save game? Many thanks!

How to copy a save game

1.       Insert a USB drive in to your PS4.

2.       On the PS4 go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

3.       Select your F1 save and copy it to the USB.

4.       Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.

5.       Compress the PS4 folder to a zip file.

6.       Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

@Faya

• What team are you in? RENAULT
    • Did you start on that team, or did you switch team? If so, did you switch mid-season, or after the final race of a season? SWITCHED FROM TORRO ROSSO AT THE END OF THE SEASON
    • Which upgrades do you think the AI has that you don’t? I AM GETTING KILLED IN STRAIGHT-LINE SPEED FOR SURE EVEN BY THE WORST ENGINE CARS WHEN MY ENGINE WAS #2. (ENGINE/DRAG?) DOWNFORCE OR CHASSIS IM NOT SURE. I THINK I WAS MORE COMPARABLE ON CORNERING GRIP THAN POWER THOUGH. BUT ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE I PLAYED.
    • Where are you seeing the difference? In Practice, Qualifying, Race, or all sessions? ALL SESSIONS
    • What season are you in? THE ISSUE HAPPENED BETWEEN SEASON 2 AND 3. NO RULE CHANGES THAT YEAR. S3 RD1 AT AUS WAS MY 1ST RACE AFTER PATCH 1.10 AND WHERE I MY QUALI AND RACE WAS LAST WITH THE 2ND BEST CAR. 94% AI.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    @Metzgerov barring Monaco I think most people are finding that you run no higher than 5 for Aero, also try and keep the car height at the front no higher than 4.

@Metzgerov barring Monaco I think most people are finding that you run no higher than 5 for Aero, also try and keep the car height at the front no higher than 4.

Hi Turtlemoose. Thanks for the assistance but this is not the issue :) It's much more than a setup issue if you read through everything.

Thanks for trying though
  • KingPanda19KingPanda19 Member New Car Smell
    Hello, this should definitely be looked and fixed. This is currently a game breaking issue in career mode. And looking at videos on YT, Tom97HD also has this problem with his career mode @Faya
    • What team are you in?  McLaren
    • Did you start on that team, or did you switch team? If so, did you switch mid-season, or after the final race of a season? Switched teams after the final race of the season
    • Which upgrades do you think the AI has that you don’t? Pretty much every upgrades that my teammate has
    • Where are you seeing the difference? In Practice, Qualifying, Race, or all sessions? I'm not sure, but from what I can tell it only happens in Quali (for me at least), during the race the car seems to get it's upgrades back
    • What season are you in? Season 2

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I'm in S3 with Sauber Alfa. Never changed teams so have never noticed the car being slower. Seems like changing teams is something in common? 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
    yes, this seems to be an issue when you're switching teams
    So far every example I have seen or read is when you switch at end of season. Wonder if other Youtubers had this issue? I don't watch many.
    Well from the Youtubers I follow only Tom97HD has the issue
    I wonder if starting a new career will fix this